Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers
Jasmine
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Today's been a day. There have been 9 million things going on at work, all kinds of phone calls to make and customers to contact and things to follow up on and waiting for people to get back to me,...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 302 tasting notes
  • “This has been in my cupboard for some time. For way longer than it should have been, actually. Luckily, it still tastes good! Tony & I shared a pot of it this afternoon, & he enjoyed it too. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2973 tasting notes
  • “I had this last night and it's just so wonderful and calming! On a saddening note though I only have enough left for one more cup...if that! :-( oh well, I have a tin of Rishi jasmine pearls and...” Read full tasting note
    shae050 132 tasting notes
  • “Love this tea!! :) Trying to find other companies that sell "Jasmine dragon pearls" ..I really enjoy the fresh light floral taste of this tea :) Anyone recommend some good companies (trying to get...” Read full tasting note
    relitaliano 82 tasting notes

From Teavana

This exceptional tea consists of the youngest green tea leaves scented 8-10 times with fresh jasmine blossoms. After the lengthy flavoring process, the leaves are hand-rolled into the shape of a pearl. During the infusion, the pearls unfold, slowly releasing the rich and surprisingly smooth fragrance and flavor of jasmine flowers. Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare:
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8 oz. of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2 oz. of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Green tea buds scented with jasmine flowers and tied with jasmine blossoms.

About Teavana View company

Yikes, I spent waaay too much money on these after the clerk ‘accidentally’ poured a little too much and asked if that was okay. Then she did the exact same thing with my boyfriend’s purchase. And THEN she had the nerve to try to sell us some big overpriced tin to go with it. The atmosphere made me uncomfortable.

Getting over that aspect, the pearls are quite nice. They smell sweet and delicate. I love to watch them float and sink and slowly unfurl. The tea itself is nice, but it takes a longer steep than recommended, and closer to two teaspoons to get it strong enough for my liking. I am also trying to warm up to Chinese green teas, and I’m trying to put my finger on what makes them different from Japanese teas and why I don’t like the roasted ones as much as steamed varieties.

This tea also makes me feel sleepy because of the floral-yness. Definitely save this for the evening.

Dinah Saur

I felt exactly the same regarding a longer steep. I’ve been steeping mine closer to 3:30 or 4 just to get to a point where there’s legitimate flavor.

This is a great tea if you are running late. Usually I just throw about eight of the pearls into my thermos and then fill it with hot water and head out. The jasmine flavor is strong, but not overwhelming. I especially like it because it tastes good with no sweeteners.

I love a great jasmine tea and this one delivers! Teavana blends these pearls with rooibos tropica for one of their most popular blends, but I enjoy brewing these little gems alone. In fact, these pearls work well with other teas if you want to custom blend your own selections. I’ve paired with peach, mango and strawberry teas (both black and green) and loved each creation.

When I first visited Berkeley, California, I took a walk in the evening and was amazed by the incredibly lovely floral fragrance emanating from a shrub I was passing. Night blooming Jasmine, someone told me. I looked at the beautiful, star shaped, little, white flowers, marveling at the amazing scent: I wanted to bury myself in the flowers; I wanted to eat that scent. Sometimes you get what you want. When I open the bag of this tea, I am transported to that Jasmine filled evening. The tea tastes delicious: light, refreshing, smooth and naturally Jasmine-infused.

First off, I can only compare the Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls to the Dragon Pearls from Harney & Sons. I have the individually wrapped sachets from Harney & Sons, not the tin. My own observation is that the Teavana pearls seem to be much stronger than those from Harney & Sons. Personally, I like the stronger jasmine flavor, but will try to look for a cheaper alternative to the Teavana tea.

A light tea with a nice mellow flavor plus a hint of floral taste. The leaves are a nice shade of green that make a pale gold tea. The leaves dont fully expand untill a couple of steeps. All in all, a satisfying tea but maybe too pricey.

Edit: It loses its flavor quickly after a few steeps

i’m super surprised with how much i dig this tea!!

let me begin with saying i’m not much into green tea. i’m almost certain i bought this in one of my teavana BUY-EVERYTHING manias to mix with something else they had on display. god, they’re crafty. buuuut it was getting late, so i didn’t want to do chai, and i was over my white-green rose mix, so i scrounged around and found this. what the hell, eh?

omg, so good! love the floral notes. the green tea is very palatable, it’s soft while retaining the “pepperiness” of tea. i will say that i made a colossal mistake by adding honey to it. i generally love sweeteners in my tea, but was on the fence about adding anything to this stuff. it doesn’t need any, but i thought what was great could be better! it was not >:O the honey overpowered the tea and the lovely vegetal taste that comes with floral tea.

These neat looking miniature marbles made from tea leaves make an ok brew.

Both the aroma and flavor were lackluster at the steep time suggested by Teavana on the bag (1min). Steeping for 3 minutes or 3:30 produced much more flavorful and aromatic brews, but do cut down on the possible re-steeps.

Overall I was disappointed in this tea.

Although I have yet to meet a cup of tea I haven’t liked, it must be said that flowery teas are never my first choice, Jasmine included. Then, my co-worker suggested a great way to prepare it (after that, Jasmine really grew on me):

Jasmine Lemonade

Steep the tea in 4-6oz of water. Add 1/2 teaspoon (or to-taste) of lemon concentrate (I use “Real Lemon”). Add approximately 1 teaspoon of sugar (to counteract the lemon juice). Pour all of this over one cup of ice and stir/shake away – I use a martini shaker. Enjoy!
A VERY refreshing and guilt free Summer drink.

morgan

I MISS THIS.

VERY jasmine-y….less so when unsweetened. Very soothing…I add a little bit of honey and drink it before bed.