Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers
Jasmine
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Today's been a day. There have been 9 million things going on at work, all kinds of phone calls to make and customers to contact and things to follow up on and waiting for people to get back to me,...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 301 tasting notes
  • “This has been in my cupboard for some time. For way longer than it should have been, actually. Luckily, it still tastes good! Tony & I shared a pot of it this afternoon, & he enjoyed it too. It's...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2913 tasting notes
  • “I had this last night and it's just so wonderful and calming! On a saddening note though I only have enough left for one more cup...if that! :-( oh well, I have a tin of Rishi jasmine pearls and...” Read full tasting note
    shae050 132 tasting notes
  • “Love this tea!! :) Trying to find other companies that sell "Jasmine dragon pearls" ..I really enjoy the fresh light floral taste of this tea :) Anyone recommend some good companies (trying to get...” Read full tasting note
    relitaliano 82 tasting notes

From Teavana

This exceptional tea consists of the youngest green tea leaves scented 8-10 times with fresh jasmine blossoms. After the lengthy flavoring process, the leaves are hand-rolled into the shape of a pearl. During the infusion, the pearls unfold, slowly releasing the rich and surprisingly smooth fragrance and flavor of jasmine flowers. Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare:
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8 oz. of water. Heat water to 175-180 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2 oz. of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Green tea buds scented with jasmine flowers and tied with jasmine blossoms.

About Teavana View company

The aroma is divine and flavor very subtle. I can easily drink several cups of this. Perfect with a book.

This was my very first loose leaf tea so it is somewhat special to me. I love the look, feel, and smell of the dry pearls. Watching the pearls unfold is almost as interesting as drinking the liquor. The jasmine is a bit strong especially oversteeped (or if you don’t like jasmine flavor) but weakens on further steepings.

Flavors: Jasmine

A little too strong for my liking.

I’ve done my share of carping about the Teavana “chunk o’ food” blends, which are really not to my liking, above all, because so many of them are nearly, if not totally, devoid of tea. And that’s not even to mention my objection to the highly annoying inclusion of artificial flavors in nearly every blend.

However, I stand corrected in my low estimation of the company, as a whole, for the straight-up teas have proven to be surprisingly good. I thoroughly enjoyed the Gyokuro and continue to enjoy the Jade Dragon Mao Feng. Tonight’s glass of Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls brings the number of Teavana teas worthy of purchase at full price up to three.

Why is this tea so good? Well, it’s not just that it brews up green. It has a smooth and buttery taste, and the beautiful silver striations of the medium-sized globes translate into big jasmine flavor and scent through multiple infusions.

I am a bit surprised that so many people have rated this tea but that the overall number is lower than that for the Steepster Select Jasmine Pearls. I stand by my claim that this tea is in fact better, because, setting my anti-Teavana prejudice to one side, I compared the two teas directly and found that, sip for sip and sniff for sniff, the Teavana wins the steep-off chez sherapop.

(Blazing New Rating #28)

Flavors: Jasmine

Ubacat

Thank you for the honest review. I have a Teavanna in my area I never shop at due to all the bad reviews but your review might get me out there.

sherapop

Ubacat: my pandering to the chunks crowd they turn tea snobs away!

sherapop

Which is not to say that I approve of their pushy salespeople!

Cheri

I was feeling the same way, Ubacat. I might go check it out. I just received one of their other jasmine teas. I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s pretty close to the top of my list to try at work.

I love jasmine pearls in both green and oolong form. Jasmine tea in any form is awesome in my book if done well, but pearls are particularly candy like.

This is a mellow one. Everything about it is mellow, from the scent in the packet, to the pale yellow liquor, to the floral aroma, to the flavor which isn’t so jasminey that the green tea is untastable and isn’t so light as not to merit the name jasmine.

Not as tasty overall as the Leafspa, but I’m bumping that one up still higher so I can give this a solid score. I haven’t met a jasmine I didn’t like, I have just met some I like better than others.

Still battling some time sinks at work and home that are keeping me away from tea and here, but hoping to figure out a way to manage the various pieces of my life better.

I need to try these!

__Morgana__

Miraculously, it is still on offer at Teavana (I’m fairly sure I got it as part of my tea of the month club membership a while back, and most of those have been discontinued).

At the upper-end of my “Good cuppa” category, it’s easy to find and reasonably priced if you live near a teavana store. Are there better jasmine pearls out there? Sure. But it’s hit-or-miss if you can’t smell it and get a closer look at it before buying. Then there’s shipping, the hassle of having to buy more samples or larger qty to make it worthwhile, etc.

This does the trick for my jasmine green tea supply. It reliably holds up through 3 infusions without breaking a sweat, usually 4 w/o any bitter or astringent notes although sometimes they’ll make an appearance on round 4. By then the jasmine is mostly gone anyway and I have good senchas if all I want is a straight green. The first infusion, the jasmine is pretty strong and might be overpowering for some. I like infusions 2 & 3 the best, but find that if I just combine 4 infusions (2min/30-60sec/1-2min/3min all at 170-180F) into one batch it all evens out nicely at a good level. Have made some fun blends with other floral and citrus teas.

So delicious and so addictive. Has a rich scent and a full flavor that isn’t too overpowering (imo).

It was on my last cup that I’d discovered I hadn’t added a tasting note for this.
While this is not my first Jasmine loose leaf, it is the first one I have owned. I love the floral sweetness and the smoothness of this tea. I usually prefer strong, bitter greens, but when I need something lighter, this is the way I go. Tastes great for about 3 infusions.

Yes, Teavana’s sales tactics would make a used car salesman blush, and yes, the prices practically require buyers to take out a second mortgage, but that doesn’t mean the tea is bad. This tea is absolutely delicious, with a soothing, clean, sweet jasmine scent that is tough to beat. I’m hooked. Now if only the company which produced the stuff didn’t look at it’s customers like walking bags of money…

The best of the bunch I bought. I love a jasmine tea that isn’t too sweet and overpoweringly floral, and this is a great example of that. It has a distinct green tea flavor with just the right about of jasmine for me.