Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers
Astringent, Bitter, Floral, Jasmine, Flowers, Smooth, Sweet, Grass, Fruity, Peach, Perfume, Vegetal
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Today’s been a day. There have been 9 million things going on at work, all kinds of phone calls to make and customers to contact and things to follow up on and waiting for people to get back...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 324 tasting notes
  • “This has been in my cupboard for some time. For way longer than it should have been, actually. Luckily, it still tastes good! Tony & I shared a pot of it this afternoon, & he enjoyed it...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3141 tasting notes
  • “I had this last night and it’s just so wonderful and calming! On a saddening note though I only have enough left for one more cup…if that! :-( oh well, I have a tin of Rishi jasmine...” Read full tasting note
    shae050 132 tasting notes
  • “Love this tea!! :) Trying to find other companies that sell "Jasmine dragon pearls" ..I really enjoy the fresh light floral taste of this tea :) Anyone recommend some good companies...” Read full tasting note
    relitaliano 82 tasting notes

From Teavana

Young green tea leaves are scented 6-8 times with summery blossoms of fresh jasmine, this tea is a phenomenon of fragrance and sweetness. Three leaves are hand rolled into pearls that slowly unfold the rich and smooth sweet floral flavor.

Smooth green tea with a rich jasmine bouquet

Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 3 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Green tea, scented with jasmine blossoms

About Teavana View company

I love jasmine pearls in both green and oolong form. Jasmine tea in any form is awesome in my book if done well, but pearls are particularly candy like.

This is a mellow one. Everything about it is mellow, from the scent in the packet, to the pale yellow liquor, to the floral aroma, to the flavor which isn’t so jasminey that the green tea is untastable and isn’t so light as not to merit the name jasmine.

Not as tasty overall as the Leafspa, but I’m bumping that one up still higher so I can give this a solid score. I haven’t met a jasmine I didn’t like, I have just met some I like better than others.

Still battling some time sinks at work and home that are keeping me away from tea and here, but hoping to figure out a way to manage the various pieces of my life better.

sherapop

I need to try these!

__Morgana__

Miraculously, it is still on offer at Teavana (I’m fairly sure I got it as part of my tea of the month club membership a while back, and most of those have been discontinued).

At the upper-end of my “Good cuppa” category, it’s easy to find and reasonably priced if you live near a teavana store. Are there better jasmine pearls out there? Sure. But it’s hit-or-miss if you can’t smell it and get a closer look at it before buying. Then there’s shipping, the hassle of having to buy more samples or larger qty to make it worthwhile, etc.

This does the trick for my jasmine green tea supply. It reliably holds up through 3 infusions without breaking a sweat, usually 4 w/o any bitter or astringent notes although sometimes they’ll make an appearance on round 4. By then the jasmine is mostly gone anyway and I have good senchas if all I want is a straight green. The first infusion, the jasmine is pretty strong and might be overpowering for some. I like infusions 2 & 3 the best, but find that if I just combine 4 infusions (2min/30-60sec/1-2min/3min all at 170-180F) into one batch it all evens out nicely at a good level. Have made some fun blends with other floral and citrus teas.

So delicious and so addictive. Has a rich scent and a full flavor that isn’t too overpowering (imo).

It was on my last cup that I’d discovered I hadn’t added a tasting note for this.
While this is not my first Jasmine loose leaf, it is the first one I have owned. I love the floral sweetness and the smoothness of this tea. I usually prefer strong, bitter greens, but when I need something lighter, this is the way I go. Tastes great for about 3 infusions.

Yes, Teavana’s sales tactics would make a used car salesman blush, and yes, the prices practically require buyers to take out a second mortgage, but that doesn’t mean the tea is bad. This tea is absolutely delicious, with a soothing, clean, sweet jasmine scent that is tough to beat. I’m hooked. Now if only the company which produced the stuff didn’t look at it’s customers like walking bags of money…

The best of the bunch I bought. I love a jasmine tea that isn’t too sweet and overpoweringly floral, and this is a great example of that. It has a distinct green tea flavor with just the right about of jasmine for me.

Tastes like a good jasmine tea. Not sure if I prefer Teavana’s or Adagio’s jasmine tea better.

Seems like you’re standard flowery green tea. It was good with 2 sugars.

Soooo relaxing. Can be resteeped once or twice, great with no sweetener. Honey is alright with it, but sort of takes over