Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls

Green Tea
Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers
Astringent, Bitter, Floral, Jasmine, Flowers, Smooth, Sweet, Grass, Fruity, Peach, Perfume, Vegetal
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Today’s been a day. There have been 9 million things going on at work, all kinds of phone calls to make and customers to contact and things to follow up on and waiting for people to get back...” Read full tasting note
    Aeoliana 324 tasting notes
  • “This has been in my cupboard for some time. For way longer than it should have been, actually. Luckily, it still tastes good! Tony & I shared a pot of it this afternoon, & he enjoyed it...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3229 tasting notes
  • “I had this last night and it’s just so wonderful and calming! On a saddening note though I only have enough left for one more cup…if that! :-( oh well, I have a tin of Rishi jasmine...” Read full tasting note
    shae050 132 tasting notes
  • “Love this tea!! :) Trying to find other companies that sell “Jasmine dragon pearls” ..I really enjoy the fresh light floral taste of this tea :) Anyone recommend some good companies...” Read full tasting note
    relitaliano 82 tasting notes

From Teavana

Young green tea leaves are scented 6-8 times with summery blossoms of fresh jasmine, this tea is a phenomenon of fragrance and sweetness. Three leaves are hand rolled into pearls that slowly unfold the rich and smooth sweet floral flavor.

Smooth green tea with a rich jasmine bouquet

Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 3 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Green tea, scented with jasmine blossoms

About Teavana View company

I’ve done my share of carping about the Teavana “chunk o’ food” blends, which are really not to my liking, above all, because so many of them are nearly, if not totally, devoid of tea. And that’s not even to mention my objection to the highly annoying inclusion of artificial flavors in nearly every blend.

However, I stand corrected in my low estimation of the company, as a whole, for the straight-up teas have proven to be surprisingly good. I thoroughly enjoyed the Gyokuro and continue to enjoy the Jade Dragon Mao Feng. Tonight’s glass of Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls brings the number of Teavana teas worthy of purchase at full price up to three.

Why is this tea so good? Well, it’s not just that it brews up green. It has a smooth and buttery taste, and the beautiful silver striations of the medium-sized globes translate into big jasmine flavor and scent through multiple infusions.

I am a bit surprised that so many people have rated this tea but that the overall number is lower than that for the Steepster Select Jasmine Pearls. I stand by my claim that this tea is in fact better, because, setting my anti-Teavana prejudice to one side, I compared the two teas directly and found that, sip for sip and sniff for sniff, the Teavana wins the steep-off chez sherapop.

(Blazing New Rating #28)

Flavors: Jasmine

Thank you for the honest review. I have a Teavanna in my area I never shop at due to all the bad reviews but your review might get me out there.

Ubacat: my pandering to the chunks crowd they turn tea snobs away!

Which is not to say that I approve of their pushy salespeople!

I was feeling the same way, Ubacat. I might go check it out. I just received one of their other jasmine teas. I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s pretty close to the top of my list to try at work.

Sipdown no. 158 for the year 2014. I’m having this hot because I’m out of cold brew black tea and waiting for another batch to do its thing in the fridge. I’d love to try a jasmine green cold brew, but I am hesitant to part with the amount of tea it takes to make up a batch since it’s such a favorite. I may break down and do it, though.

This isn’t the most spectacular jasmine green I’ve had but it’s quite good for one on the light side (both the tea and the jasmine).

Happy July 4 to all you Americans in Steepsterland!

woot! grats on the sipdowns :)

At the upper-end of my “Good cuppa” category, it’s easy to find and reasonably priced if you live near a teavana store. Are there better jasmine pearls out there? Sure. But it’s hit-or-miss if you can’t smell it and get a closer look at it before buying. Then there’s shipping, the hassle of having to buy more samples or larger qty to make it worthwhile, etc.

This does the trick for my jasmine green tea supply. It reliably holds up through 3 infusions without breaking a sweat, usually 4 w/o any bitter or astringent notes although sometimes they’ll make an appearance on round 4. By then the jasmine is mostly gone anyway and I have good senchas if all I want is a straight green. The first infusion, the jasmine is pretty strong and might be overpowering for some. I like infusions 2 & 3 the best, but find that if I just combine 4 infusions (2min/30-60sec/1-2min/3min all at 170-180F) into one batch it all evens out nicely at a good level. Have made some fun blends with other floral and citrus teas.

So delicious and so addictive. Has a rich scent and a full flavor that isn’t too overpowering (imo).

It was on my last cup that I’d discovered I hadn’t added a tasting note for this.
While this is not my first Jasmine loose leaf, it is the first one I have owned. I love the floral sweetness and the smoothness of this tea. I usually prefer strong, bitter greens, but when I need something lighter, this is the way I go. Tastes great for about 3 infusions.

Yes, Teavana’s sales tactics would make a used car salesman blush, and yes, the prices practically require buyers to take out a second mortgage, but that doesn’t mean the tea is bad. This tea is absolutely delicious, with a soothing, clean, sweet jasmine scent that is tough to beat. I’m hooked. Now if only the company which produced the stuff didn’t look at it’s customers like walking bags of money…

The best of the bunch I bought. I love a jasmine tea that isn’t too sweet and overpoweringly floral, and this is a great example of that. It has a distinct green tea flavor with just the right about of jasmine for me.

Tastes like a good jasmine tea. Not sure if I prefer Teavana’s or Adagio’s jasmine tea better.

Seems like you’re standard flowery green tea. It was good with 2 sugars.