Blueberry Bliss

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “It's still way too hot today for me so it's definitely time to bring out the fruit teas and go crazy. In raw form this tea has large, whole blueberries and it smells so juicy and delicious....” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 984 tasting notes
  • “I'm tempted to dock them a whole bunch of points for overcharging me by a ton on the loose tea that I bought at the same time, and putting way more in the bag than I initially asked for. Anyway, I...” Read full tasting note
    lisbet 267 tasting notes
  • “I really enjoy this one hot - although it's great iced and blended with Strawberry Lemonade too. I'm a huge fan of blueberries and this tastes like fresh blueberries - not freeze-dried, petrified...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I drank this all weekend. I drank it hot. I drank it iced. Both were great. This is, by far, one of my favorite tisanes. I think one of the only draw backs is that the smell of the dry tea is so...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 464 tasting notes

From Teavana

The distinctive tart flavor of blueberries married to the fresh citrus taste of green Rooibos make this tea pure joy in a cup. It’s also delicious mixed with other Rooibos or white teas for a blended treat!

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Green Rooibos, blueberries, grapes, rosehips, hibiscus, red beet root and black currants.

About Teavana View company

I wont really get into a connoisseurs finite review of Teavanas Blueberry bliss but I will tell you this…My daughters (3 & 7) attack me on a regular basis while steeping my own tea’s with the dreaded “Daddy, I want some!”. If you are a parent I’m sure you understand. I’m not super comfortable loading them up with caffeine from my morning black teas and even though the green pack a considerable lighter punch its still not high on my list of afternoon treats for two already overly energetic girls. I have been searching for some sort of tea placebo for my two little angels that didn’t include powdered chocolate and sugar…. Enter the Blueberry Bliss Rooibos, not only is it fun for them to watch the steep as the water goes from clear to a very pretty reddish purple (wife swears I’m color blind but thats what I’m going with), it smells heavenly and they hover over the pot as it steeps breathing in the aroma and telling me how good it smells (over and over). As for the flavor.. it is nowhere near as potent as the smell of this tea. It has a nice fruity, lightly sweet liquor.

So now for the real question.. Do the girls like it? they are kids and quite fickle. What is their favorite yesterday may be horrible today yet they will demand more tomorrow. However they genuinely seem to enjoy the experience and flavor most of the time, Especially with a couple drops of fresh organic honey from the neighbors bee’s mixed in.

As for me and a slightly more adult point of view…I tend to struggle with flavored teas/herbals and this is no exception. For me its a bit much as a straight hot tea and you wouldn’t find me choosing it over a cuppa Monkey Picked Oolong, Orange Pekoe or emperors mist green. It is nice as an iced (in moderation) it does add a nice flavor character when added to a iced black tea. For some reason I findit to be less morally offensive to flavor an iced tea….. When iced there is, as with all Rooibos i’ve tried a very nice grassy finish or aftertaste that is quite pleasant and very different than any flavors I’ve yet to have pulled from “real” teas.

All in all and much to my chagrin this is a tea that has a home in my tea cabinet….. at least until the girls outgrow it.

Tastes heavenly and sweet as an iced tea… for an added effect, I let blueberries sit in the pitcher until it’s finished off.

Boiling 8 min or more

Revisited this one this evening. Still not as tart as I thought it would be but that’s a good thing :) Smells great and tastes smooth, refreshing, and fruity but not overly or tart. I like this Fruit-Based Rooibos Blend!

i LOVE this tea! its delicious hot or cold. it smells like blueberry muffins!

This is the little black dress of Teavana teas. It goes with absolutely everything. Caramel Almond Amaretti? You get a blueberry muffin. Pineapple Kona Pop? Sure, why not. Literally, EVERYTHING this tea is added to turns magical. It’s a tea I’ll buy over and over again.

Boiling 8 min or more

A fresh and sweet taste, it’s a unique addition to my pantry. It’s sweet with gentle notes of flavor that runs down smooth. A great buy from Teavana; no regrets yet! s saying something.

I really enjoy this tea in the summer since it blends well with a lot of other teas to make delicious iced teas. I’ve steeped it with Pineapple Kona Pop in 8oz of water for 10 minutes, 2 tsp of rock sugar and add 8oz of ice and it is fantastic! It is great with Teavana’s Lemon Lime Kampai Rooibos and Wild Orange Blossom, brewed the same as previously stated. Steeping it for 10 minutes in these blends did not taste bitter to me at all, and this tea seems pretty versatile for experimenting with other fruity blends if you like variety. The tea also wasn’t bad hot, but it is so refreshing iced that I prefer it iced.

Boiling 8 min or more

It’s a tisane, but I blended it with some blueberry black tea my sister brought back from Maine for me. I made a delicious pitcher full iced with a couple table spoons of sugar syrup. It’s not the best by itself.. a little too much of that metallic feel, but it’s nice to add to my black tea.

I mixed this with Teavana’s Peach Tranquility. It was very sweet, but not too sweet.

Cold brew. Sipdown.

This is much better than the hot brew I made last night! Still slightly disappointed that the woodsy rooibos taste was overshadowing the tart and juicy blueberries though. Sweetened with a touch of agave and it’s so much better! A nice refreshing drink now that SoCal is starting to heat up again.
Had a very nice and pink colour which I loved! It’s in the fridge right now in my Coronado cup thing which I honestly didn’t think I’d actually use.
Once again, thank you MissB for sending me some of this!

Iced 8 min or more 6 g 18 OZ / 532 ML