Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Lemon Zest, Raspberry, Lemon, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by denisend

• “So I think going to the mall went well. I'll give you no guesses as to where I was going. Since as you can see mall pretzel turned into this and 2 oz of Anjou Pear-adise since I've been dreaming...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I see Teavana has free shipping, so I decided to sit down and give RRLM a shot in hot tea mode before I make an order. I've done this tea iced a couple times and it is amazing! STEEPED: Deep red...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1017 tasting notes
  • “I've only had bagged mates before, and I wasn't overly impressed. I basically concluded that if the choice was between mate and actual tea, I could see no reason to choose mate. So this is...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “This is a tea that is hard for me to review… Why? Well, I had it hot and thought it was absolutely awful. So bad that I forgot about it (or tried to forget about it) for a really long time. This...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes

From Teavana

Get all-day energy from the invigorating fusion of tart raspberry and lemon, with a high-octane jolt of pure Argentinean Mate. The brisk lemon and tangy raspberry give this green Mate the character and flavor you’re craving.

How to Prepare

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: Green Mate tea, raspberries, apple bits, rosehips, hibiscus blossoms, lemongrass, and pink rose buds.

This tea blends well with:
Lemon Youkou Herbal Tea
Weight To Go! Pu-erh Tea
Rooibos Tropica® Rooibos Tea

About Teavana View company

Backlog—
Unlike other reviewers, I really enjoy/prefer this hot. Especially blended with Teavana’s Lemon Youkou. Iced fruit teas aren’t really my thing. I’d rather just have a glass of ice water.

This is super tart & I find it needs a lot of sweetener for me to enjoy it. But it definitely tastes like raspberry & has the tartness of lemon. I don’t really taste the mate because the fruit flavors are so prominent. But this is a really good fruit tea that could probably be blended with a green or white tea to add interesting flavor.
This blend is kind of sticky though! It would cling to the walls of the glass jar I kept it in. Very strange.

Summertime! That’s what this tea is perfect for. I am surprised by how tasty this is. I often had it as a sample at the store. My friend sent me some. It’s mixed with Lemon Youku. I added a little sugar, drank it iced…real blissful. I bet it would be equally good warm, though it’s perfect iced. I loved the raspberry flavor, tasted creamy to me.

This is a very exciting tea with A LOT going on with it. Strong lemon flavor with a raspberry undertone. Gives a nice even caffeine kick. Pair this with the Himalayan Black from Teavana for some extra goodness.

Today I needed something with an extra boost. I have a lot of crafting I want to do today as well as moving plans to make. Wish me luck!

Interesting….Not a bad interesting, but not terribly inspiring either. I do plan on making this with Caribbean Calypso next time, I think they would do well together. I tried it hot because that is my standard. But in agreement with others, this probably would taste better iced. The only question is, to try it iced by itself, or paired up?? I suspect that even if I do like it iced, I won’t be getting this again. Why? Because I have similar flavors with my MIO and Crystal Light juice mixes that are much cheaper and beyond that of finishing the bag, I have no interest in tying up space in my cupboard.

This drink tastes good…but I don’t think it tastes much like tea. I feel more like I’m drinking raspberry lemonade. Usually Mate gives me a good jump start, but this doesn’t do a thing. Seems like I’m steeping fruit with a bit of tea…I like it the other way around.

Cofftea

Well it doesn’t have any tea in it, so I’d be shocked if it tasted like it did lol.:)

christinerobyn

I guess I should’ve been more specific..you can barely taste the mate that’s in it. Thanks for the correction.

I just tried this mate for the first time and I tried it iced (double recipe, then pour on ice in a stainless bottle and shake: instant iced tea). I wanted to add honey, but I was in a hurry so I didn’t. Not surprisingly, this mate tastes what it announces: raspberry and lemon… raspberry lemonade! True, the lemon taste is a bit artificial, but it adds a little pep to it. And the raspberry taste is very good. It’s like a good cocktail, without the alchool and all the sugar. I definitely buy this.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Not what I was looking for as a hot tea, but going to try it as iced tea and come back for a second round!

Great all day long. I slurped this one and could really get the aroma and taste of the raspberries. It was still great cooled to room temp. One spoon of rock sugar was used in the water boiling process in the Breville. Yummy.

I think I might have to try this tea a few different ways… something just wasn’t right. I brewed it just as Teavana instructs. 4.5 tsp, 24 oz water, a tiny bit of rock sugar (just because I tend to like my tea a little on the sweet side). It’s beautiful to look at, enough so that I was a little sad that I don’t have anything clear to put it in, and smelled heavenly. I just think that when I purchased something called Raspberry Riot I expected something to really pop, and it just didn’t. It was fruity, but I didn’t get the lemon that others seem to (maybe I killed it with the rock sugar?), and the berry just wasn’t as intense as I would have liked. Maybe more tea? Less sugar? Ice it instead? I don’t know. I’ll drink what I purchased, I don’t mind it, but I’ll probably play with it a bit to see what I can do to improve what I perceived to be a rather weak tea.

Lady 0f Spaydes

What tempeature and steep time did you use? It may just be that it needs to steep longer; the Steepster page says 208 (just below boiling) for 5 to 6 minutes. It looks like for the most part this is more herbal than green, and most of the time for a strong tea you steep an herbal up to 10 minutes (the nuisance here is that the green tea would likely get bitter). Those flavors you wanted probably just didn’t get to steep well. Normally if I am going to increase the steep time on a green tea, I decrease the temperature. Wait 4 or 5 minutes after you’ve taken the boiling water off of the heat and then steep you tea, tasting occasionally after the normal steep time to see if you get the flavor intensity that you want.