Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate

Fruit Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Apple Pieces, Citric Acid, Green Yerba Mate, Hibiscus Flowers, Lemongrass, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Raspberry, Rose Buds, Rose Hips
Astringent, Berry, Citrus, Fruity, Lemon, Tart, Lemon Zest, Raspberry, Berries
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

A riot of fruity flavors – bright fruity raspberry meets zesty, zingy lemon creating an unforgettable twist on lemonade. The explosion of phenomenal fruit flavors are complemented by high-grade maté, red and golden delicious apple slices, and peppy lemon zest. Bold, brash, tart and terrific, it’s outstanding served over ice.

Bright & crisp raspberries enhanced with refreshing lemon citrus

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/ 98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, hibiscus flowers, rose hip peels, green maté, raspberries, lemongrass, apple slices, natural and artificial flavoring, rosebuds, raspberry pieces, citric acid

About Teavana View company

Finally a mate you can ice!! I love this with a little sugar. Out of this world fruity taste and with that great roasted mate base. Delicious! I only ever drink this iced but a lot of people have been raving to me about it hot. I’ll have to try that sometime. Overall, this is a must try for mate and fruit tea lovers. The sharp lemon kick with the raspberry is pure heaven.

Yum! This is the best fruity Maté I have ever had; Great to blend! My current favorites to blend it with are Six Summits Oolong and Pineapple Kona Pop!

bugabo0o

Put in the last 30s with Strawberry Paraiso to add a caffiene kick!

I recruited this fruity tea to help wake me up for a 7am weekend shift (the horror!). This time I mixed it with Weight To Go Pu-erh from Teavana and the sour lemon flavor I oh so much hated in the Raspberry Riot was subdued. Mixing these two is simply delicious and really improves the mate’s flavor. I decided to up my rating of this tea for this reason :)

This is my 2nd favorite Teavana tea! It’s summer and I always have a pitcher of this iced. I work 3rd shift and take this with me on the way out the door. Once the cold weather gets here, I’ll be taking it hot, which is really nice too.

Can’t taste the mate in it, the fruit is to strong. You don’t even need much in the way of sugar, as it’s sweet enough without.

This is by far one of my favourite herbals that I have tasted so far.

When I first tried yerba mate I was thrown off by an unpleasant taste, though after tasting Raspberry Riot I now know this was due to the blend I had originally tasted it in.

The taste of this mate is a pleasant mix of sweet and sour. Even though some may not usually enjoy tart flavours, the lovely taste of the fruits coupled with the green mate would make it difficult for anyone not to like this blend.

This mate is one of my favourite pick me ups. The tart, tangy flavours of the fruit serve as an explosion of flavour and the mate acts as the ultimate mateine/caffeine kick.

Definitely worth trying if you’re into a very flavourful herbal!

Loves it! It’s fruity and sweet but not too much so. Definitely better than its predecessor, Lemon Blast Mate.

Had this as my morning tea and it was fantastic.

The dry leaves smell strongly of citrus though not in a bitter way. This is very fruity and actually smells a lot like lemonade. I don’t see much raspberry but there are other pieces of fruit (maybe apple?) and a good bit of lemongrass. I’m trying this hot today, but I bet it would be outstanding on ice. The taste is tart and very lemony. In fact, the tartness is more like that of lemon juice than something like hibiscus. I can taste berry but I wouldn’t say it’s strictly raspberry. It’s more of a general berry flavor. As it cools it starts to become a touch astringent, but overall I’m enjoying this. This is another of my husband’s favorites and I actually agree with him that this one is pretty good. I think this would be even better cold brewed.

Flavors: Astringent, Berry, Citrus, Fruity, Lemon, Tart

I made some tea syrup with this to make tea pop.
2 heaping tablespoons
~1.5 oz
stevia to make syrup sweet
Boil together ~3 minutes, and then steep another 5 minutes. Resteeped 3 times and all poured into mason jar for storing.

This makes a delicious tea pop. The tartness goes perfectly with the carbonation, I think that’s what a lot of my previous tea pops have been missing. A little pucker to match with the bubbly and make a more authentic pop. A think this is my favorite tea pop to date. I know how I’ll be using up the rest of this!