Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by denisend

• “So I think going to the mall went well. I'll give you no guesses as to where I was going. Since as you can see mall pretzel turned into this and 2 oz of Anjou Pear-adise since I've been dreaming...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “I see Teavana has free shipping, so I decided to sit down and give RRLM a shot in hot tea mode before I make an order. I've done this tea iced a couple times and it is amazing! STEEPED: Deep red...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 933 tasting notes
  • “I've only had bagged mates before, and I wasn't overly impressed. I basically concluded that if the choice was between mate and actual tea, I could see no reason to choose mate. So this is...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “This is a tea that is hard for me to review… Why? Well, I had it hot and thought it was absolutely awful. So bad that I forgot about it (or tried to forget about it) for a really long time. This...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes

From Teavana

Get all-day energy from the invigorating fusion of tart raspberry and lemon, with a high-octane jolt of pure Argentinean Mate. The brisk lemon and tangy raspberry give this green Mate the character and flavor you’re craving.

How to Prepare

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: Green Mate tea, raspberries, apple bits, rosehips, hibiscus blossoms, lemongrass, and pink rose buds.

This tea blends well with:
Lemon Youkou Herbal Tea
Weight To Go! Pu-erh Tea
Rooibos Tropica® Rooibos Tea

About Teavana View company

Sipdown!

Cold steeped the last 5 ish teaspoons I had of this and said goodbye to my first mate purchase.

It was probably not my best idea to drink this right after brushing my teeth, but ehhh

Cold steeping for 8 hours heightened the raspberry and brought out more citrus from the lemon, but enhanced the flavor of the mate as well. If I end up getting this again someday I’ll tweak the time and see if that helps.

Brews up an absolutely gorgeous color and made for a nice morning sip.

Flavor notes: Raspberry, grass, lemon

Iced 8 min or more 5 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve only had it hot, but this tea is VERY bitter. I’ve heard it’s better iced, so maybe I’ll try it again. The leaves smell great and when it is steeped it’s a beautiful color.

Overall, not one of my favorites and probably won’t purchase again. Have to add way more sugar than I’d like to get the desired flavor.

A morning favourite for me, hot or cold.
I have never liked coffee, but there are some mornings when I need something to help start the engine, in which case I don’t hesitate to reach for a cup of Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate.
I can really chug it back when it’s cold…it’s like a great tasting no consequence energy drink.
The tartness of the raspberry-lemon combo is more apparent when drank hot, though, a flavour my room mate tells me is rare and delicious.
Another great thing about it is how well it blends with other fruity/berry-y teas.
My favourite combo right now is this with the Raspberry Pineapple Luau White Tea.

This tea is really strong, so be sure to watch when you steep it. It may take a few tries to get it to the concentration that you like it. As for the taste, I think it’s absolutely fantastic! It’s very subtle-ly tangy, which I like. the lemon grass add the perfect amount of lemon to compliment the raspberry without being overwhelming.

It’s really great and it makes a fantastic iced tea! And it is also good sweetened a little. Happy steeping!

A full rosebud! I’ve seen rose petals but never a full rose bud. Whenever I open the container I feel like I find something new to look at. it smells pretty good too. Even for a Mate purist this is pretty good. I am not a purist by any means as I love to try as many teas as possible but for people who are I think this will still wet their palette.

Just picked this one up yesterday on the suggestion of the girl in the store. I told her I wanted a fruity mate that would be good hot or cold, and she suggested this one.
The smell is incredible. Very tart smelling, with a strong lemony scent.
Steeped it hot, and it definitely was tart! I may try it again in the future with less leaf but I’d always found Teavana’s teas to need about a 1/2 tsp more than suggested (at least). As it was, I added some sugar (at the office without agave) and it was nice. Kind of reminded me of a tastier NeoCitran? That kind of lemony flavour, with raspberry notes. Not bad, but probably won’t re-buy.

The main appeal I saw in this tea was the caffeine content. I was having a hard time getting going in the morning, and I don’t like the taste of coffee. It can be a little bitter if steeped for too long.

This is the first Mate that I’ve tried, and I wasn’t very impressed. The lemon overpowered the raspberry to the point where it just tasted like lemon tea. While the flavor was pleasant, I would have preferred it to have more of a balance.

Next time I will try it iced and see how that goes, but as far as this taste goes, I wasn’t overly impressed.

We were at the mall the other day and my husband suggested trying Teavana. Not a good experience, sad to say. The shop girl kept trying to push us into buying a pound of tea, even after we decided to pass. Feeling pressured to buy something, I picked out some of this raspberry yerba mate. Was already feeling not so good about the transaction and the price, but figured the tea would be, at the least, a drinkable pick-me-up.

When I got home and opened the bag, the unpleasant medicine-y, “cough drop” smell was overwhelming. I literally can not find ANY mate in there, just red chunks and some slivers of lemongrass. I assumed the tea had just settled and the shopgirl missed scooping any into the bag, but it looks like other reviewers have had the same issue.

This tea is NOT as advertised. No bright, tart, fruity raspberry. No sour, citrusy lemon. No herbal, grassy mate. Hot, it tastes like syrupy, artificial hibiscus. Iced isn’t much better. Barely tolerable with sugar. No mate uplift. I even tried adding a scoop of my precious discontinued Rishi lemongrass mate to the second pot to see if that would balance it, and all I did was waste my lemongrass mate.

I was extremely disappointed in this tea.

ETA: If you add some good mate and lots of sugar, and let the pitcher sit out on the counter for a half hour, some of the hibicus/rose mellows out and it becomes drinkable. As far as sugary drinks go, Koolaid is slightly better and a lot cheaper.

Really lovely. I’m not a big fan of any hot liquid that isn’t improved by milk but this is a gorgeous bedtime tea. Raspberry overpowers the lemons. The colour is beautiful in a glass teapot.