Raspberry Riot Lemon Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Lemon Zest, Raspberry, Lemon, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by denisend

• “So I think going to the mall went well. I'll give you no guesses as to where I was going. Since as you can see mall pretzel turned into this and 2 oz of Anjou Pear-adise since I've been dreaming...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1196 tasting notes
  • “I see Teavana has free shipping, so I decided to sit down and give RRLM a shot in hot tea mode before I make an order. I've done this tea iced a couple times and it is amazing! STEEPED: Deep red...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1037 tasting notes
  • “I've only had bagged mates before, and I wasn't overly impressed. I basically concluded that if the choice was between mate and actual tea, I could see no reason to choose mate. So this is...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 952 tasting notes
  • “This is a tea that is hard for me to review… Why? Well, I had it hot and thought it was absolutely awful. So bad that I forgot about it (or tried to forget about it) for a really long time. This...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes

From Teavana

Get all-day energy from the invigorating fusion of tart raspberry and lemon, with a high-octane jolt of pure Argentinean Mate. The brisk lemon and tangy raspberry give this green Mate the character and flavor you’re craving.

How to Prepare

Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: Green Mate tea, raspberries, apple bits, rosehips, hibiscus blossoms, lemongrass, and pink rose buds.

This tea blends well with:
Lemon Youkou Herbal Tea
Weight To Go! Pu-erh Tea
Rooibos Tropica® Rooibos Tea

About Teavana View company

The main appeal I saw in this tea was the caffeine content. I was having a hard time getting going in the morning, and I don’t like the taste of coffee. It can be a little bitter if steeped for too long.

This is the first Mate that I’ve tried, and I wasn’t very impressed. The lemon overpowered the raspberry to the point where it just tasted like lemon tea. While the flavor was pleasant, I would have preferred it to have more of a balance.

Next time I will try it iced and see how that goes, but as far as this taste goes, I wasn’t overly impressed.

We were at the mall the other day and my husband suggested trying Teavana. Not a good experience, sad to say. The shop girl kept trying to push us into buying a pound of tea, even after we decided to pass. Feeling pressured to buy something, I picked out some of this raspberry yerba mate. Was already feeling not so good about the transaction and the price, but figured the tea would be, at the least, a drinkable pick-me-up.

When I got home and opened the bag, the unpleasant medicine-y, “cough drop” smell was overwhelming. I literally can not find ANY mate in there, just red chunks and some slivers of lemongrass. I assumed the tea had just settled and the shopgirl missed scooping any into the bag, but it looks like other reviewers have had the same issue.

This tea is NOT as advertised. No bright, tart, fruity raspberry. No sour, citrusy lemon. No herbal, grassy mate. Hot, it tastes like syrupy, artificial hibiscus. Iced isn’t much better. Barely tolerable with sugar. No mate uplift. I even tried adding a scoop of my precious discontinued Rishi lemongrass mate to the second pot to see if that would balance it, and all I did was waste my lemongrass mate.

I was extremely disappointed in this tea.

ETA: If you add some good mate and lots of sugar, and let the pitcher sit out on the counter for a half hour, some of the hibicus/rose mellows out and it becomes drinkable. As far as sugary drinks go, Koolaid is slightly better and a lot cheaper.

Really lovely. I’m not a big fan of any hot liquid that isn’t improved by milk but this is a gorgeous bedtime tea. Raspberry overpowers the lemons. The colour is beautiful in a glass teapot.

I like this as an iced tea in the morning for a little caffeine. I find that it definitely requires sweetener as the lemon and raspberry flavors are quite tart. I usually use a little stevia and that makes it nice and smooth.

I LOVE this tea!! It is tart and I add some German Rock Sugar. It gets you right in the back of the teeth!! I LOVE the smell and the color is gorgeous. One of my favorite morning teas when I need a kick in the pants.

I originally bought this mate because teaopia discontinued their peach mate, which was my boyfriend’s favorite. This has become our new favorite tea, it is so delicious. Raspberry takes the forefront and the lemon kind of lingers in the background. This is perfect for people who don’t really enjoy the taste of mate, such as myself, I find it rather chalky and unpleasant. A great tea to have for mate beginners, or someone desiring a pleasant change.

It’s my all favorite tea ever!
I bought it this summer in USA and I’m sad to have to wait for buying it again! ( at least I can buy it on the web)
It’s a mate, super fruity,

I got talked into buying this when I was at Teavana the other day. I must say I was a little skeptical because htis is a fruity tea and not a cinnamon tea, but I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. I really like the raspberry and lemon in this tea and I think the fruit mix is very good. I’ve already made a few pots of this tea and will definately be making more. I need to find some fruit teas I like that are not Mate though so that I am not drinking so much caffeine.

I didn’t expect this to taste this good, but it does! It’s refreshing with a kick!