Tung Ting Jade

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Teavana

The best of Taiwanese semi-fermented teas, this jade colored oolong is grown on the slopes of the Tung Ting Mountains. Gentle and remarkably smooth in flavor, with a flowery undertone. Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-200 degrees and steep for 3-4 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Premium oolong tea.

About Teavana View company

My pal that works at Teavana (imabandgeek4eva) picked up a bag of Tung Ting Jade Oolong Tea for me when it was discontinued, which was pretty cool! The very first time I used the leaves, I put a spoonful of little round rolled leaves in my teapot and thought “Gee, there’s no way those little tiny things are going to flavor a whole pot!” and added another scoop or two. Now, if you’ve never had Tung Ting then you’ll be tempted to do the same when you try this – but don’t! The leaves unfurl and expand like crazy in hot water, so when I peeped into my teapot after a few minutes the entire thing was full of leaves and completely oversteeped! >_

Rex Barrett

That’s funny!

Rex Barrett

By the way, I wish I had a friend who worked at Teavana!

I was so happy when she started working there :-p It’s funny, she’sthe second or third person I’ve known to work there – I guess it’s a popular part-time job!

Middle of the range, soft formosa. This is nice but nothing to write home about. A good introduction to oolong, though it’s now discontinued.

I have to say, Oolong is not my favorite tea. This one reminded me of turnip greens! I may have to give a different variety of Oolong a try.

Somehow, Derek (my boyfriend) managed to get a great second infusion out of this one. All of my attempts have turned out way too strong!