Samurai Chai Mate & White Ayurvedic Chai Blend

White Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ian

From Teavana

Samurai Chai:
A sip of this sweetly robust straight up Mate blend awakens the Samurai within. Inspired by the Way of the Warrior, this fresh green Mate is imbued with strong spices, invigorating herbs and revitalizing citrus. A wonderful cup of tea that will get you moving!

White Ayurvedic Chai
A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

About Teavana View company

I really like this tea for it’s spicy deliciousness as well as it’s welcome caffeine boost in the morning. I’ve taken to drying out the tea after I’ve steeped it once, and grinding it up to use in chai tea cakes. You litterally just mix a few tsp. of the ground tea into your tea cake batter, and voila yummy chai tea cakes.

Well, I really wanted this one to work for me. But for some reason I just can’t seem to make friends with it. There is so much going on, its a bit too spicy for me and seems way too artificial, perfumey and some what bitter. Its pretty good with milk and sugar, but I just can’t drink it on its own.

This is going to be my first post EVER!!!

I purchased this tea a few days ago and finally tried it on my own. I originally tried this tea at a Teavana in Dallas, Tx. When I tried it their I was blown away by how it smelt. It was a little sweet in the store but still wonderful. You could really taste the spiciness of the tea with the aroma of cinnamon.

Now for my first time trying to make this myself. First time was a fail, along with the other 2 times. I just can’t seem to get it to taste like it did at the store. I tried a longer steep time as well as using rock sugar, I even went as far as trying it with some honey. It is still a wonderful tea, with a great aroma. I just wish that I could get it to taste as it did in the store.

This will be my second tasting note for this tea; it’s somewhat a special note in that I was a bad girl.

I re-brewed a teaspoon of leaves for a second taste one night. The results surprised me. The usual spiciness was dissipated significantly and the tea mostly only had its fruity flavors included. Along with a heaping teaspoon of sugar, there were also significant artificial overtones brought out; I got the sensation of eating a fruity kid’s cereal. There was barely any bitterness despite this second brewing, however. It was still enjoyable, and I will not change my rating, but that rating is more for my note from the fresh brew awhile back.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Smells awesome. Second brew tastes good too. No sugar needed. Clerk @ store said to dry out the brewed tea and use for potpourri. I will try that.

I really enjoy this tea, but sometimes I wish there was a little more spice too it. I also think it makes a nice sweet/spicy iced tea. I haven’t gotten it to taste like the sample in the store, so maybe I need to play with the steep time…

I loved this tea. It wasn’t quite as strong as the tea in store, but it was still delicious. The best part is how fragrant this tea is. It made my whole office smell spicy delicious.

Delicious warm and sweet! Not so good cold with no sweetener, because the mixture has a lingering sweetness to it… Definitely a good chai blend!

I think this is one of the better blends Teavana has sold, as well as one of the better chais. I understand this blend has now been discontinued. Lack of sales? I liked the spicy, peppery flavors which were enhanced with the addition of German Rock Salt (Teavana also). I also added vanilla almond milk (decreasing the amount of sugar then) which made it smooth, spicy, and a little sweet.

Something to put a spring in your step and a smile on your face. I used 2 tsp of perfecTEA german Rock sugar from Teavana, and one International delight french vanilla sweetener, stolen from 711. I love this tea because it’s energizing, spicy and extremely complex in spices. The White Ayurvedic chair is a sweeter, calmer tea, while the Samurai Chai Mate is the sort of tea that could kick you in the face. I love waking up with this tea, or recharging when I have to do something later in the day.