Samurai Chai Mate & White Ayurvedic Chai Blend

White Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ian

From Teavana

Samurai Chai:
A sip of this sweetly robust straight up Mate blend awakens the Samurai within. Inspired by the Way of the Warrior, this fresh green Mate is imbued with strong spices, invigorating herbs and revitalizing citrus. A wonderful cup of tea that will get you moving!

White Ayurvedic Chai
A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

About Teavana View company

Lovely tea. Creamy and sweet. Aftertaste is also sweet. Perfect winter cup. :D

This tea blend started off my loving relationship with loose leaf tea. It’s so warm and comforting, not too overpowering with cinnamon spice death overlord attack. I’m trying to find a less expensive alternative to this because this is their ONLY tea I like, but no luck so far. Dang you Teavana with your one good tea and your cute overpriced teawares!!! OH and those samples in the store that are sooooo yummy are PACKED with tea so they can sell the product more easily. Like 6 times more than they tell you that you need at home. Tricksy little hobbitses >_>

Really good chai blend. Nice hints of clove and cinnamon gives almost a spicy flavor. I typically just add sugar, adding milk gives a slight cocoa finish to the tea.

This is one of my favorite tea blends. I always make my teas to taste so I use 3 tsp per 8-10oz glass (1.5 tsp is recommended) and steep for 3 minutes. Water temp is recommended at 175F but I again i make my teas to taste so I just use hot water from my Keurig. I was using the sugar from teavana which is absolutely wonderful but regular sugar tastes fine too. I just switched to Splenda in an attempt to cut sugar from my diet.

I do love tea I’ve drank tea for almost years and get into the tea culture. Don’t take me wrong but I think what Teavana is selling too us is more like a corporate thing, I don’t buy their speech of organic and healthy tea, is like Coca-Cola it taste good but is toxic and definitely not good to your body.

I asked while purchasing if they used sugar in their samples and the employees confirmed it. I’m not sure how standard preparations are across stores, but if you’re missing something from your brew I would definitely look to sweeten it. I just purchased it and haven’t played around with the proportions yet.

I drink this tea all the time but I’ve only logged it once before. I must say that it is one of my absolute favorites. I had it this morning and MAN I just love this tea. A heaping tsp of samurai chai mate, a heaping tsp of white ayurvedic chai, plus a tsp of rock sugar… Pour over a little bit of half-and-half and it’s chai latte perfection.

To me, this tea tastes better hot than cold. It almost burns my throat when I drink it iced because it is so spicy.

I got this as a gift from my mother in law well before i even knew about mate (for shame i know) Im not a big chai person but this is a very well spiced blend. I recommend it to anyone interested in a decent chai.

This tea has totally changed since Starbucks bought teavana out. I ordered this online as usual and WOW it tastes like grass. What a waste of money.
I am getting a refund and have now ordered from David’s Tea. Honey Bee looks similar, as well as Exotica. I can’t wait to try mixing these new teas. Starbucks messed it up. Tragic!!
I’ll be back with my interpretation of the new teas.