Samurai Chai Mate & White Ayurvedic Chai Blend

White Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ian

From Teavana

Samurai Chai:
A sip of this sweetly robust straight up Mate blend awakens the Samurai within. Inspired by the Way of the Warrior, this fresh green Mate is imbued with strong spices, invigorating herbs and revitalizing citrus. A wonderful cup of tea that will get you moving!

White Ayurvedic Chai
A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

About Teavana View company

Definitely not my first choice, not even my second. I am not a fan of the Mate Samurai Chai. The spices in it are much too strong for my liking.

I don’t generally care for Teavana (in fact, I generally avoid them at all cost because I can’t stand being attacked by sales people), but I love this tea. This blend was actually what got me into tea in the first place. It is a very smooth chair, with light spices and some notes of berry. It is very easy to steep correctly, you just have to steep it for a long time (I do like my tea strong). I generally steep it for 10 or so minutes. One of my favorite teas.

Boiling 8 min or more

I have both of these teas, but have yet to actually mix them together like many people do. Will have to try that out today and update on how I like it. Otherwise, separately they are delish, esp the Samurai Chai, another fave of mine.

Prep time calls 3 min. I’ll steep as long as 5 or more; usually to w/e it smells/tastes good to me. Use a small amount of German rock sugar.

Spicy/sweet combo I love. Could drink this tea all day.

Not bad for a mate, but wouldn’t buy.

This is my favorite tea. Sometimes I brew it as instructed and other times I will use a loose-leaf mesh teabag and leave it in my mug the whole time. It never seems to get bitter and the later sips bring some powerful spice flavors!

Tried this at Teavana store. Delicious. Following the directives re: temp and steep time, got the same fabulous flavor at home. Drinking this one now. :) Love, love, love!

Although it has caffeine, I find it very relaxing.

I like this flavor mixed with my white ayurvedic white chai. Question though, does anyone know which out of those two flavors have caffeine? Thx!

Tried this at the Teavana. Had it as a hot sample. Tasted great, but I couldn’t really get much depth from the flavor until I asked to buy it iced with a bit of sugar added… it was just an okay, hot peppery drink. This blend (sweet or otherwise) really comes through when iced! I think I’m gonna cold brew this when I buy it. I’m thinkin’ that’ll make a really nice contrast by adding the smoothness of a cold brew to the peppery kick of the blend.

I’m a HUGE chai fan and this is a great chai mix. It’s spicy and sweet with a huge depth of flavors. It has some citrus notes, peppery hit and a burst a cinnamon. When I first made this tea I brewed for recommended time and found it very weak. Maybe I just like my teas strong but I let the tea brew for a long while and enjoyed it much more. I add a bit a sugar because I think it helps bring out the flavors.