Samurai Chai Mate & White Ayurvedic Chai Blend

White Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ian

From Teavana

Samurai Chai:
A sip of this sweetly robust straight up Mate blend awakens the Samurai within. Inspired by the Way of the Warrior, this fresh green Mate is imbued with strong spices, invigorating herbs and revitalizing citrus. A wonderful cup of tea that will get you moving!

White Ayurvedic Chai
A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

About Teavana View company

Delicious! I’m surprised at how much I like this tea because I normally don’t like a lot of spices. But this tea blend works! :D

This is my absolute favorite tea but I can’t drink too much of it at a time because the spices irritate my acid reflux something awful. I make it with two tablespoons of Teavana’s rock sugar which I keep in the same can as the tea. The sugar absorbs the flavor of the tea and the tea is sweet and spicy and absolutely delicious by itself or with milk.

This blend is very hit or miss for me. When it’s good, its spicy complexity reaches a balance of perfection but when it’s bad, it can come across overwhelmingly peppery and even on occasion weak. It’s definitely been a finicky brew for me.

EDIT: I think I’ve finally figured the steeping for this and now it’s my go to tea when I need a little motivation to get stuff done. No less than 6 minutes.

Just the aroma of this blend is spectacular! Even more so when its all ready to drink.. Can’t get enough of this. This blend is the favourite at work, could have it all day long and not get tired of the flavour. Really fragrant, really delicious.

This tea is an absolute must for me. I like it with a bit of honey to wake up the flavor. It’s sweet and warm and spicy and citrus-y and it just makes me a little bit happier every time I drink it. This is my go-to comfort tea.

A soft velvety, almost citrus taste with a spice after taste.

I really like this tea, had it as a sample, and I’ve never like chai. This is a good warming tea after a hard day or a good tea for nausea or stomach issues. This is really good w/ raw sugar but even better w/ teavanas rock sugars. Ive always been confused as if this tea contained caffeine or not???

I bought this after sampling it in the store. I agree with the other reviewers who found that they could not get the same flavor brewing it at home. When I brew it, it is a fairly watery chai that tastes most strongly of cloves. I think the secret must be large quantities of tea with a hefty dose of sweetener to bring out the other flavors. It’s not terrible, but it’s not the best chai I’ve had. I prefer Tao of Tea’s Mate Chai – it has a more robust and complex flavor, and costs almost a dollar less per ounce.

Tried this at the Teavana store today and loved it. Picked up a couple ounces of each tea to take home and sample. Really enjoying it.

Great blend perfect way to cut the Samauri’s power down a bit. Yum!