Samurai Chai Mate & White Ayurvedic Chai Blend

White Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ian

From Teavana

Samurai Chai:
A sip of this sweetly robust straight up Mate blend awakens the Samurai within. Inspired by the Way of the Warrior, this fresh green Mate is imbued with strong spices, invigorating herbs and revitalizing citrus. A wonderful cup of tea that will get you moving!

White Ayurvedic Chai
A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

About Teavana View company

This is one of my favorite chai blends. I like to brew it strong; for me, at least, that brings the pepper notes out more. I’ll drink this tea iced or hot, but I prefer it hot. Lately I’ve been adding a touch of honey to it, but I also think that it’s delicious on its own.

I tried it and liked it a lot. Great “wake me up” kind of tea. the peppery notes and fresh smell really taste good in the morning. I add some honey (1 tsp. per large cup – 12 oz.), because of honey’s healing properties, and some of the rock sugar (2-3 tb per container of all the tea), because it fills out the flavor. I find that I don’t remember how it tasted in the store, only that I liked it and bought it. When I came home, I made it how I liked it. That turned out to be a hot temperature and long steep time.

I am experimenting with SpecialTea blends to get something close and believe I have found it. Not exactly the same notes, but really close. And you can’t beat the price comparison.

I love this tea. It’s so spicy in a powerful Altoids kick kind of way. It’s a great way to start the morning.

I love this blend! I tried it as a sample at Teavana and bought a small amount on the spot while also having them make me a to-go cup with German Rock Sugar for the road. After using all of the tea up in a short amount of time, I bought more (a whole lot more). I drink it mostly in the morning at work from a big pot.

The tea is beautiful just to look at – all the pretty little pieces of citrus peel, spices, herbs, and tea look vibrant and fresh, almost like tea potpourri! The smell is spicy and warm, perfect for the transition into fall and winter. Adding hot water, the spices pop and the citrus starts to zing. The flavors can be intense and overwhelming at first, but I think that’s what I like most about it. I usually drink this unsweetened, but it does add depth and cut the intensity with honey, or rock sugar, or even a little agave nectar.

I wasn’t a fan of tea,but in one of the many trips to orlando florida mall this spicy,cinnammon smell stop me,so i just follow it at a Tevana store and try a sample and it took me to a PARAISO and back again to buy it.But don’t forget the German Sugar Rock Cane.I really don’t know if the tea has to do with it but my husband has problem with hi’s five disk,arthritis on the lumber back and since he’s been drinking the tea No Pain.We love it.

I Agree with the other reviews of this tea. Very tasty at the store (I think they use ALOT of german rock sugar) but made at home its not as potent. It is still good even with no sweetner added, just not as good as it is at the store.

Update: I don’t know what’s going on here. The more tea’s I drink the more I find myself not liking some of the tea’s I started out adoring? While I am new to tea this is kinda baffling to me! This tea was one of my gateway teas into the wide world of tea recently I have been drinking more and more tea and so today I decided to sit down with my old friend Samurai Chai/white Ayurvedic mix from Teavana and it seems like it has NO taste at all!! The smell the same I made it the same as I always have I don’t know what’s going on why does it lack flavor hmmm I’ll try it again in a few days and see what I think then.

Great at the store. Not easy to replicate at home.

I really love this tea at the store, but I haven’t gotten the flavor right at home yet. I’ve asked them if they were brewing it differently than the instructions and they said they went to 6 min steep (up from 2), and to make sure you stay under boiling not to get a bitter taste from the White Ayurvedic Chai. Still haven’t gotten it. Going to try steeping the Samurai first while my water is around 205, then steeping in the White after.

Made a cup tonight with a TABLE spoon of each with water pre-boil and is the close as I have gotten to replicating their flavor. Still disappointed…

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I like this tea, but not as much as I like Hot Cinnamon Spice from Harney & Sons, which is what I was looking for when I found this. However, it’s nice and a bit different. I like it for a little variety. It demands boiling water and a long steep time to get the right flavor and took a couple of times to get it right.

I <3 this!