Assam Gold Rain

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Teavana

Comes from one of the finest estates of the Assam region of India. Famous for its fruity yet malty flavor with a tannic red-wine aftertaste. (FTGFOP-1)(Special)

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Pure black tea from Assam, India.

About Teavana View company

Simply one of my favorite black teas, and the go to tea for all occasions. I also use it as a base for blends with tart fruits (like blood orange) with great results.

good black tea. nothing special. smooth fully body tea. not as good as the nine dragon golden needle from teavana. I think this is a good tea for someone just starting out. great black tea smell.

Not the best Assam I have had, but good. A bit overpriced. Good strong breakfast tea. As with all Assams, I enjoy it with milk and sugar.

I particularly like the honey color of this tea. It beats Lipton for iced tea!

i love this tea, it’s perfect in the morning :)

I bought this not knowing what to expect when making a Teavana order, just trying to reach the level for free shipping. I saw it and the price wasn’t outrageous, so I tossed it in.

This is my new favorite tea among teas that “taste like tea.” (As opposed to flavored teas like rose, or jasmines, or even oolongs which have such a different flavor profile.) Malty and unbelievably SMOOOOOOTH. I had no idea assam could taste this good.

I wrote a bit more on it in my overview of recent teas I liked that “taste like tea” at my teablog:

I ended up having to get this tea when my local Teavana store was out of English Breakfast. I have to say, it is my favorite tea hands down now. I like a little sugar in mine and definitely drink it hot. I did try it iced once not good. I found it to be very time sensitive, so don’t over steep it.

Interesting flavor with a little too much tannin bitterness. I tend to over compensate with sugar. It’s still a good overall afternoon tea.