Samurai Chai Mate

Chai Fruit Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Cinnamon, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “Thanks to *Madeline Alyce* for sending me a sample of this tea! I've been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana's white...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2170 tasting notes
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine...like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it's Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes
  • “i'm addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn't put the teapot down...and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Teavana

A sip of this sweetly robust straight up Mate blend awakens the Samurai within. Inspired by the Way of the Warrior, this fresh green Mate is imbued with strong spices, invigorating herbs and revitalizing citrus. A wonderful cup of tea that will get you moving!

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to just boiling, 208 degrees, and steep tea for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Green mate, green rooibos, cinnamon, candied pineapple pieces, candied papaya pieces, orange peels, lemongrass, anise seed, coriander, cardamom, flavoring (cardamom, cinnamon), and almond flakes PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS

About Teavana View company

I’m another one of those people that’s partial to chai. This reminds me more of a green tea based chai than a black tea. Not too much of a bite, but a good spice and wonderful aroma.

This is easily the worst brew I have had in a very long time

Added a couple drops of 1% milk. Tastes good.

Mixed with White Ayurvedic Chai… good stuff! Back on tea drinking tasks.

I told myself that to avoid spending money I would just try the samples and continue walking PAST Teavana.
Bugger.
I had to buy this. It’s delectable… truly… AND… it’s a Mate?! By the taste, I never would have guessed it! Forgive me for saying this… but it tastes too good to be a Mate!
LOVE IT.

ALSO… I’ve found it is best blended and sweeted the way they do it at Teavana. 50:50 Samurai Chai Mate & White Chai, with a bit of rock cane sugar to sweeten… YUM!

This one tastes like their White Ayurvedic Chai Tea which is one of my favourite teas but makes for a stronger cup with more caffeine. I blended the two and makes for a perfect cup.

Excellent blended with a regular Masala Chai. The result wasn’t as robust as Samurai alone, but a more subtle take on its regular flavors. This blend is better less sweet than I would take Masala alone.

Best mate I have ever had. There are so many flavors in this tea, and you can taste each one. There are the most ingredients in this tea than any other tea and they all fit perfectly.

A delicious tea, I buy it by the pound.

Very nice chai. Spicy and not quite as heavy as the Roobius.