Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Citrus, Grass, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet, Cinnamon, Coffee, Smooth, Lemongrass, Orange, Coriander, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Clove, Fruity, Spicy, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

This tea is definitely worth a try, but is not a favorite of mine. I received a free sample of this, and it smells enticing. The taste is similar to the smell: very fresh with fruit hints but without an overpowering ‘tropical’ palette. The chai flavors (cinnamon, anise, clove, etc.) are weak but do round out the tea. Steeps evenly with nice aromas.

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I don’t know whether I love or hate this tea – it has a lingering sweetness to it that its at the back of my tongue when I’m drinking it…but it has such a good chai flavor and spiciness to it…. I think this is one that I am going to save and drink hot when I’m in the mood for chai; it seems like it would be a better hot tea.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea was sort of an impulse buy.

Like most Teavana teas it smells excellent, but also like most Teavana teas the taste doesn’t match the aroma. Not to say it’s bad and especially with the german rock sugar. Yeah, I bought some rock sugar to try out and the sugar is pleasant like most sugar is.

I can taste the pineapple and orange abet not that much, but that’s the only flavors I can discern. I almost want to get this tea again to try it more.

A bit heavy on the cinnamon, but I really enjoyed this tea and it was my daily go to for the first week I had it!

Barely recognizable as a chai. Super spicy with a sweet aftertaste. Tastes like cinnamon hearts. The spice seems to strengthen as it cools.

Not as spicy as the Maharaja Chai Oolong/Samurai Chai Mate Blend, but still too spicy for my liking.

This is a sweet and spicy blend that can stand alone without sugar or cream. If you want something especially sweet, though, adding a little bit of honey makes it tangy and helps smooth out the sharper spices that lie in this drink, without overwhelming them.

This is one of my favourite teas of all time. I love the light but herbal/spicy taste. Granted the spicy is not a hot type of spicy, but more of a “you know there is spices in it.” I have turned a couple of my coworkers onto this tea and they are not normally hot tea drinkers.

First of all, this tea smells amazing! It’s a nice fall tea, but if it’s steeped just a little too long the taste can get really intense and way too spicy. I’m looking forward to mixing it with some other teas to get some new flavors.

This is one of my favorite teas. I mix it with White Ayurvedic Chai which also comes from Teavana. I always make my teas to taste so I use 3 tsp per 8-10oz glass (1.5 tsp is recommended) and steep for 3 minutes. Water temp is recommended at 175F but I again i make my teas to taste so I just use hot water from my Keurig. I was using the sugar from teavana which is absolutely wonderful but regular sugar tastes fine too. I just switched to Splenda in an attempt to cut sugar from my diet.