Samurai Chai Mate

Chai Fruit Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Cinnamon, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “Thanks to *Madeline Alyce* for sending me a sample of this tea! I've been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana's white...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2164 tasting notes
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine...like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it's Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
    clareborn 258 tasting notes
  • “i'm addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn't put the teapot down...and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Teavana

A sip of this sweetly robust straight up Mate blend awakens the Samurai within. Inspired by the Way of the Warrior, this fresh green Mate is imbued with strong spices, invigorating herbs and revitalizing citrus. A wonderful cup of tea that will get you moving!

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to just boiling, 208 degrees, and steep tea for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Green mate, green rooibos, cinnamon, candied pineapple pieces, candied papaya pieces, orange peels, lemongrass, anise seed, coriander, cardamom, flavoring (cardamom, cinnamon), and almond flakes PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS

About Teavana View company

Great with rock sugar, not so much with milk – kinda of dulls the flavour

a good chai is my personal delight. this is a clear and brilliant chai, naturally sweet and perfectly blended with teavana’s maharaja chai. ginger, papaya, mate to give you a jolt in the AM….. brilliant.

185 °F / 85 °C

This was the first tea I purchased and tried from Teavana, and the first real (non teabag) tea that I ever had. It is amazing, I love it so much. The fact that it not only tastes amazing but also has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee is perfect. My boyfriend and I picked this tea out and we were very pleased with it. I’ve had it both hot and cold, and while I prefer it hot, its great both ways!

I tried this at a Teavana store and thought it tasted fantastic, so I bought two ounces. At home, it tastes a bit too much like Big Red gum. I’m assuming that the sample I had at the store was blended with something else. It’s growing on me. I usually hate anything cinnamon (with the exception if cinnamon rolls. nom nom nom), but this isn’t too awful. I just wish it tasted more like what I had in the store.

I tried some in the store,the taste was good but it actually made my tongue numb, must have been the cloves….

I love spice teas with lots of cinnamon so for me, this tea is great. I always want a sample of it when I go buy the store. Usually my friends/family take my second to third steeps of it because they want less of the spices. I never have problems with the first steep with the strong flavored spices.

I may be partial because this is the first loose leaf I tried that I truely fell in love with, but as of right now this is my favorite tea. Its super easy to drink and blends amazingly with most anything else. My favorite are the Golden Monkey (the mix is 50/50 and i’ve named it Samurai Monkey, great mental image) and the Zingiber Ginger Coconut. I haven’t tried it with any non Teavana teas yet as I didn’t have anything til a few days ago. I greatly recommend this tea to anyone who likes Chai.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

I mixed Maharaja Chai Oolong (Teavana) with this.
It’s soooo good! It’s one of my favorite teas!
I always have it in the morning before work and it keeps me hyped and ready for the day. It really does wake you up. And it smells so good~
Taste like cinnamon and delicious goodness!

This in my opinion, should be tried at least ONCE. Favorite tea from Teavana thus far!

Okay, so this time I mixed it with heavy cream and milk – so much better! I will never drink chai again without milk. Still not completely amazed by this tea, but it’s decent if done right.

Being originally from Argentina, and growing up drinking mate, I was very curious when this tea arrived in a tin next to a teapot as a holiday gift from my cohort.

Compared to traditional mate it is a completely different experience. It is a little sweet and spicy (like cinnamon) and I do get the slight tongue numbing feeling others have mentioned.

The mate of my childhood is much stronger and less complex in flavor.

Overall I enjoy it. However, I am just getting into loose tea and have a world of tea to explore, so I might not come back to this one for a while.