Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices, Spicy, Wood, Cardamon, Floral, Orange Zest
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “Thanks to *Madeline Alyce* for sending me a sample of this tea! I've been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana's white...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2340 tasting notes
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine...like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it's Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “i'm addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn't put the teapot down...and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

Ah chai,you’ve been butchered and re-blended countless times by countless companies.
Most are miss,some are hit and theres a handful of what the..
Well teavana has not exactly done you justice but they have blended a decent brew with enough of certain spices to label it chai.
I must admit it is too sweet for my liking though. The mate flavor is completely overshadowed but the spices/fruit work in harmony here and also make an incredible aroma in-tin and brewing.
If you have tried chai but were put off by the spices and wanted to try something a little more balanced than this tea should do wonders for your tastebuds.
Overall this is a pleasantly light yet sweet and energizing brew to enjoy every other day or so or just whenever you need a sweet kick.

Too sweet. I have to add milk in order to be able to palate it. Not terrible, but I wouldn’t purchase again.

I’m another one of those people that’s partial to chai. This reminds me more of a green tea based chai than a black tea. Not too much of a bite, but a good spice and wonderful aroma.

This is easily the worst brew I have had in a very long time

Added a couple drops of 1% milk. Tastes good.

Mixed with White Ayurvedic Chai… good stuff! Back on tea drinking tasks.

I told myself that to avoid spending money I would just try the samples and continue walking PAST Teavana.
Bugger.
I had to buy this. It’s delectable… truly… AND… it’s a Mate?! By the taste, I never would have guessed it! Forgive me for saying this… but it tastes too good to be a Mate!
LOVE IT.

ALSO… I’ve found it is best blended and sweeted the way they do it at Teavana. 50:50 Samurai Chai Mate & White Chai, with a bit of rock cane sugar to sweeten… YUM!

This one tastes like their White Ayurvedic Chai Tea which is one of my favourite teas but makes for a stronger cup with more caffeine. I blended the two and makes for a perfect cup.

Excellent blended with a regular Masala Chai. The result wasn’t as robust as Samurai alone, but a more subtle take on its regular flavors. This blend is better less sweet than I would take Masala alone.

Best mate I have ever had. There are so many flavors in this tea, and you can taste each one. There are the most ingredients in this tea than any other tea and they all fit perfectly.