Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Citrus, Grass, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet, Cinnamon, Coffee, Smooth, Lemongrass, Orange, Coriander, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Clove, Fruity, Spicy, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

A favorite tea of mine with sweet flavors and spicy cinnamon. I have not had this recent, but remember it well enough to type a tasting note.

I would generally wake up to this… Smell the tin the leaves were in and steep the amount for a cup. Usually I would steep this for a long time simply because it would not get bitter and would get stronger with the moments passing.

I cannot wait to order more this and hopefully by xmas time it will be with me. Possibly by the pound!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea! I was a daily coffee drinker always adding specialty creams which loaded my day with lots of sugar and unnecessary calories. So, I tried this tea after reading the comments of others on the Teavana website. To be sure, it helps me to wake up (I have NEVER been a morning person) without feeling all nervous and twitchy. Also, I have a thyroid condition that requires me to take a pill every morning and adding that with coffee made be vibrate like a humming bird…so this tea has been a great problem solver! I am a nurse so shaky hands are a big no no! But, this tea does not give me the shakes and that makes me and my patients very happy") Good product for me to say the least!

This is great for people like me who do not like chai tea. you only get a hint of the chai. smells great tastes good. fruity smooth. caffeine is good.

Super intense and very sharp. Love the citrus notes and the spicy finish. 1 1/2 teaspoon per 8 oz. with a hint of sugar.

As a standalone brew, it has this strange aftertaste that left a sickening sweetness in the back of my throat. I had to add a pinch of something more abrasive like Earl Grey just to make it tolerable. Aside from that, the flavor was alright. Nevertheless, I ended up giving about half of it away and I have no plans to purchase this blend again.

This one is great for when you have a cold. Mate is a hit or miss for me, but with the green rooibos and papaya, it tastes much better. The dried fruit and sugar definitely help sweeten it. I personally think that it is a little over priced, and would not seek it out to pay for it. So good, but not great.

Flavors: Citrus, Grass, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet

Teavana usually offers this as a sample. I’m in love. It tastes like strong, sweet cinnamon. Kinda tongue-numbing but that’s fine by me.

Flavors: Cinnamon

I was given this as a gift a while back. I had one last tea sac (another gift) to use and decided to throw this in there. I stepped this while waiting for one of my classes to start with some Keurig hot water. The aroma is a smooth chai mix. I can hint at strong cinnamon tones with cardamom and sugar. The taste itself is very thick and silky. This is a very soft chai. The spice notes are overcomed by the mate, sugar, and sweeteners. It tastes sweet and thick. The only chia taste is the undertone of spice. If you are unfamiliar with chai’s and like something that doesn’t kick hard, this would be your best bet. It did the job in keeping me awake, but i would not spend money on it. I am not the largest Teavana fan, so I am a little biased. It is a smooth and balanced chai though.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coffee, Smooth, Sugar, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

With minimal caffeine, this tea wakes me up without the unnecessary kick. You can taste the cinnamon, lemongrass, and orange notes, but the papaya and pineapple fall short (which is fine, since that might make the tea unappealing to me). I typically do not brew this one twice, but the price is decent.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Orange

Initially, I wasn’t a fan of this one. But after sampling the youthberry/wild orange blossom blend, I gave it another chance (I’m not one for fruity tea flavors). I tried this again after fully having a “maharaja oolong” moment and finally found that this was a favorite after 3 cups. I’ve been wary of cinnamon, but this does have hints of lemongrass, which I LOVE. That just about balances it out for me. If it wasn’t for the subtle notes of “green” (rooibos, mate), then it wouldn’t have caught my attention.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Coriander, Lemongrass