Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Citrus, Grass, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet, Cinnamon, Coffee, Smooth, Lemongrass, Orange, Coriander, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Clove, Fruity, Spicy, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

A favorite tea of mine with sweet flavors and spicy cinnamon. I have not had this recent, but remember it well enough to type a tasting note.

I would generally wake up to this… Smell the tin the leaves were in and steep the amount for a cup. Usually I would steep this for a long time simply because it would not get bitter and would get stronger with the moments passing.

I cannot wait to order more this and hopefully by xmas time it will be with me. Possibly by the pound!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea! I was a daily coffee drinker always adding specialty creams which loaded my day with lots of sugar and unnecessary calories. So, I tried this tea after reading the comments of others on the Teavana website. To be sure, it helps me to wake up (I have NEVER been a morning person) without feeling all nervous and twitchy. Also, I have a thyroid condition that requires me to take a pill every morning and adding that with coffee made be vibrate like a humming bird…so this tea has been a great problem solver! I am a nurse so shaky hands are a big no no! But, this tea does not give me the shakes and that makes me and my patients very happy") Good product for me to say the least!

This is great for people like me who do not like chai tea. you only get a hint of the chai. smells great tastes good. fruity smooth. caffeine is good.

Super intense and very sharp. Love the citrus notes and the spicy finish. 1 1/2 teaspoon per 8 oz. with a hint of sugar.

As a standalone brew, it has this strange aftertaste that left a sickening sweetness in the back of my throat. I had to add a pinch of something more abrasive like Earl Grey just to make it tolerable. Aside from that, the flavor was alright. Nevertheless, I ended up giving about half of it away and I have no plans to purchase this blend again.

Strong ginger and chai flavors. Smell lingers for quite some time, which is concerning

3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Very good. I will purchase again.

I found the chai flavor to be way too bold (I’m sensitive to it and it’s not my favorite taste), but I found when I cut this 50/50 with unflavored mate, it backed off the intense chai flavor and allowed the mate to come through.

Sipdown! But since I forgot to add this to my cupboard, I haven’t actually decreased my numbers any.

I like this. It’s got a lot of cinnamon and undefined spiciness but its not overwhelming. I might be tempted by this again as it made a nice, forgiving work tea. Plus, it smells like a cinnamon cookie and who doesn’t love that?

This one is great for when you have a cold. Mate is a hit or miss for me, but with the green rooibos and papaya, it tastes much better. The dried fruit and sugar definitely help sweeten it. I personally think that it is a little over priced, and would not seek it out to pay for it. So good, but not great.

Flavors: Citrus, Grass, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet