Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Smooth, Spicy, Sweet, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “Thanks to *Madeline Alyce* for sending me a sample of this tea! I've been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana's white...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2574 tasting notes
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine...like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it's Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “i'm addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn't put the teapot down...and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

A favorite tea of mine with sweet flavors and spicy cinnamon. I have not had this recent, but remember it well enough to type a tasting note.

I would generally wake up to this… Smell the tin the leaves were in and steep the amount for a cup. Usually I would steep this for a long time simply because it would not get bitter and would get stronger with the moments passing.

I cannot wait to order more this and hopefully by xmas time it will be with me. Possibly by the pound!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea! I was a daily coffee drinker always adding specialty creams which loaded my day with lots of sugar and unnecessary calories. So, I tried this tea after reading the comments of others on the Teavana website. To be sure, it helps me to wake up (I have NEVER been a morning person) without feeling all nervous and twitchy. Also, I have a thyroid condition that requires me to take a pill every morning and adding that with coffee made be vibrate like a humming bird…so this tea has been a great problem solver! I am a nurse so shaky hands are a big no no! But, this tea does not give me the shakes and that makes me and my patients very happy") Good product for me to say the least!

This is great for people like me who do not like chai tea. you only get a hint of the chai. smells great tastes good. fruity smooth. caffeine is good.

Super intense and very sharp. Love the citrus notes and the spicy finish. 1 1/2 teaspoon per 8 oz. with a hint of sugar.

As a standalone brew, it has this strange aftertaste that left a sickening sweetness in the back of my throat. I had to add a pinch of something more abrasive like Earl Grey just to make it tolerable. Aside from that, the flavor was alright. Nevertheless, I ended up giving about half of it away and I have no plans to purchase this blend again.

PTS TTB

Eh, I don’t know how I feel about this, lots of cinnamon followed by lots of fruity makes a weird combination to me.

Horrendously offensive name aside, this is a pretty good tea. (I mean, what were they thinking? Japanese Samurai did not drink Argentinian herbal tea flavored like the national drink of India.) it has a decently balanced flavor, and the tannins of the mate never get in the way of the citrus notes or the spice. It’s a pretty good alternative to traditional chai; it keeps it’s fresh, bright taste, while still being full-bodied.

Flavors: Orange Zest, Peppercorn

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is a delicious chai! It’s super smooth and warm and has a lot of natural sweetness. I enjoy it both with and without milk. The spices are definitely present, but it’s not the tongue-numbing spiciness that I’ve found in Teavana’s newer chais. It’s also highly caffeinated, so it’s a great wake-me-up tea!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Smooth, Spicy, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

My older brother and I tried this together, we both really enjoyed it! The Chai taste of spices, ginger, and cinnamon blended well with the Mate. It’s such a wonderful blend that you barely need any sweetener! A really, really tasty potpourri, reminds me a little bit of Christmas and a lot of camping in the woods =)

Very energizing too- not bouncing-off-the-walls energy, but a good, more natural pick-me-up for the afternoon.

—loose tea w/ infuser
—1 or 2 sugar cubes

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices, Spicy, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I was a bit unsure about this tea when I bought it; I know I’ve had matés before but I had ambivalent experiences previously. This particular maté smelled lovely – slightly grassy, with cinnamon and floral overtones. Once brewed, this particular maté has a lovely cinnamony, spiced flavor, with very faint anise (licorice) and floral aromas. I had mine with honey, with added a nice depth to the predominant cinnamon and spiced flavors. I would order this again.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Floral, Spices, Spicy