Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices, Spicy, Wood, Cardamon, Floral, Orange Zest
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “Thanks to *Madeline Alyce* for sending me a sample of this tea! I've been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana's white...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine...like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it's Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “i'm addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn't put the teapot down...and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

A favorite tea of mine with sweet flavors and spicy cinnamon. I have not had this recent, but remember it well enough to type a tasting note.

I would generally wake up to this… Smell the tin the leaves were in and steep the amount for a cup. Usually I would steep this for a long time simply because it would not get bitter and would get stronger with the moments passing.

I cannot wait to order more this and hopefully by xmas time it will be with me. Possibly by the pound!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea! I was a daily coffee drinker always adding specialty creams which loaded my day with lots of sugar and unnecessary calories. So, I tried this tea after reading the comments of others on the Teavana website. To be sure, it helps me to wake up (I have NEVER been a morning person) without feeling all nervous and twitchy. Also, I have a thyroid condition that requires me to take a pill every morning and adding that with coffee made be vibrate like a humming bird…so this tea has been a great problem solver! I am a nurse so shaky hands are a big no no! But, this tea does not give me the shakes and that makes me and my patients very happy") Good product for me to say the least!

This is great for people like me who do not like chai tea. you only get a hint of the chai. smells great tastes good. fruity smooth. caffeine is good.

Super intense and very sharp. Love the citrus notes and the spicy finish. 1 1/2 teaspoon per 8 oz. with a hint of sugar.

As a standalone brew, it has this strange aftertaste that left a sickening sweetness in the back of my throat. I had to add a pinch of something more abrasive like Earl Grey just to make it tolerable. Aside from that, the flavor was alright. Nevertheless, I ended up giving about half of it away and I have no plans to purchase this blend again.

My older brother and I tried this together, we both really enjoyed it! The Chai taste of spices, ginger, and cinnamon blended well with the Mate. It’s such a wonderful blend that you barely need any sweetener! A really, really tasty potpourri, reminds me a little bit of Christmas and a lot of camping in the woods =)

Very energizing too- not bouncing-off-the-walls energy, but a good, more natural pick-me-up for the afternoon.

—loose tea w/ infuser
—1 or 2 sugar cubes

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Spices, Spicy, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I was a bit unsure about this tea when I bought it; I know I’ve had matés before but I had ambivalent experiences previously. This particular maté smelled lovely – slightly grassy, with cinnamon and floral overtones. Once brewed, this particular maté has a lovely cinnamony, spiced flavor, with very faint anise (licorice) and floral aromas. I had mine with honey, with added a nice depth to the predominant cinnamon and spiced flavors. I would order this again.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Floral, Spices, Spicy

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is definitely worth a try, but is not a favorite of mine. I received a free sample of this, and it smells enticing. The taste is similar to the smell: very fresh with fruit hints but without an overpowering ‘tropical’ palette. The chai flavors (cinnamon, anise, clove, etc.) are weak but do round out the tea. Steeps evenly with nice aromas.

2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I don’t know whether I love or hate this tea – it has a lingering sweetness to it that its at the back of my tongue when I’m drinking it…but it has such a good chai flavor and spiciness to it…. I think this is one that I am going to save and drink hot when I’m in the mood for chai; it seems like it would be a better hot tea.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea was sort of an impulse buy.

Like most Teavana teas it smells excellent, but also like most Teavana teas the taste doesn’t match the aroma. Not to say it’s bad and especially with the german rock sugar. Yeah, I bought some rock sugar to try out and the sugar is pleasant like most sugar is.

I can taste the pineapple and orange abet not that much, but that’s the only flavors I can discern. I almost want to get this tea again to try it more.