Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Smooth, Spicy, Sweet, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral, Orange Zest
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “Thanks to *Madeline Alyce* for sending me a sample of this tea! I've been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana's white...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2458 tasting notes
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine...like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it's Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “i'm addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn't put the teapot down...and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

This tea was sort of an impulse buy.

Like most Teavana teas it smells excellent, but also like most Teavana teas the taste doesn’t match the aroma. Not to say it’s bad and especially with the german rock sugar. Yeah, I bought some rock sugar to try out and the sugar is pleasant like most sugar is.

I can taste the pineapple and orange abet not that much, but that’s the only flavors I can discern. I almost want to get this tea again to try it more.

A bit heavy on the cinnamon, but I really enjoyed this tea and it was my daily go to for the first week I had it!

First ever rating! Little nervous but jumping in with both feet…

This tea was a gift. I had been eyeballing it for a while, but wouldn’t make the leap so my friend did it for me. It’s scent in the bag was very nice. Very spicy and warm. Initial sip, however, struck me as slightly bitter. A mild sweetness overrode the bitterness a bit as I continued, but something felt missing. The cinnamon was extremely prominent and even slightly biting as I swallowed. Possibly the most curious thing about this tea was it’s after effect – a slight numbing sensation, not unlike a very mild analgesic throat spray.

I don’t think I’d recommend this tea without fair warning. I will likely taste again a couple times. Maybe a second or third visit will yield different results?

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange Zest

Barely recognizable as a chai. Super spicy with a sweet aftertaste. Tastes like cinnamon hearts. The spice seems to strengthen as it cools.

Not as spicy as the Maharaja Chai Oolong/Samurai Chai Mate Blend, but still too spicy for my liking.

This is a sweet and spicy blend that can stand alone without sugar or cream. If you want something especially sweet, though, adding a little bit of honey makes it tangy and helps smooth out the sharper spices that lie in this drink, without overwhelming them.

This is one of my favourite teas of all time. I love the light but herbal/spicy taste. Granted the spicy is not a hot type of spicy, but more of a “you know there is spices in it.” I have turned a couple of my coworkers onto this tea and they are not normally hot tea drinkers.

First of all, this tea smells amazing! It’s a nice fall tea, but if it’s steeped just a little too long the taste can get really intense and way too spicy. I’m looking forward to mixing it with some other teas to get some new flavors.

This is one of my favorite teas. I mix it with White Ayurvedic Chai which also comes from Teavana. I always make my teas to taste so I use 3 tsp per 8-10oz glass (1.5 tsp is recommended) and steep for 3 minutes. Water temp is recommended at 175F but I again i make my teas to taste so I just use hot water from my Keurig. I was using the sugar from teavana which is absolutely wonderful but regular sugar tastes fine too. I just switched to Splenda in an attempt to cut sugar from my diet.

Not my favorite by far. I’m open to trading this tea. If you’re interested contact me. I have about 1.5 oz as of today (8/17).