Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Citrus, Grass, Passion Fruits, Pineapple, Sugar, Sweet, Cinnamon, Coffee, Smooth, Lemongrass, Orange, Coriander, Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Clove, Fruity, Spicy, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

Great with rock sugar, not so much with milk – kinda of dulls the flavour

a good chai is my personal delight. this is a clear and brilliant chai, naturally sweet and perfectly blended with teavana’s maharaja chai. ginger, papaya, mate to give you a jolt in the AM….. brilliant.

185 °F / 85 °C

This was the first tea I purchased and tried from Teavana, and the first real (non teabag) tea that I ever had. It is amazing, I love it so much. The fact that it not only tastes amazing but also has the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee is perfect. My boyfriend and I picked this tea out and we were very pleased with it. I’ve had it both hot and cold, and while I prefer it hot, its great both ways!

I tried this at a Teavana store and thought it tasted fantastic, so I bought two ounces. At home, it tastes a bit too much like Big Red gum. I’m assuming that the sample I had at the store was blended with something else. It’s growing on me. I usually hate anything cinnamon (with the exception if cinnamon rolls. nom nom nom), but this isn’t too awful. I just wish it tasted more like what I had in the store.

I tried some in the store,the taste was good but it actually made my tongue numb, must have been the cloves….

I love spice teas with lots of cinnamon so for me, this tea is great. I always want a sample of it when I go buy the store. Usually my friends/family take my second to third steeps of it because they want less of the spices. I never have problems with the first steep with the strong flavored spices.

I may be partial because this is the first loose leaf I tried that I truely fell in love with, but as of right now this is my favorite tea. Its super easy to drink and blends amazingly with most anything else. My favorite are the Golden Monkey (the mix is 50/50 and i’ve named it Samurai Monkey, great mental image) and the Zingiber Ginger Coconut. I haven’t tried it with any non Teavana teas yet as I didn’t have anything til a few days ago. I greatly recommend this tea to anyone who likes Chai.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

I mixed Maharaja Chai Oolong (Teavana) with this.
It’s soooo good! It’s one of my favorite teas!
I always have it in the morning before work and it keeps me hyped and ready for the day. It really does wake you up. And it smells so good~
Taste like cinnamon and delicious goodness!

This in my opinion, should be tried at least ONCE. Favorite tea from Teavana thus far!

Okay, so this time I mixed it with heavy cream and milk – so much better! I will never drink chai again without milk. Still not completely amazed by this tea, but it’s decent if done right.

Being originally from Argentina, and growing up drinking mate, I was very curious when this tea arrived in a tin next to a teapot as a holiday gift from my cohort.

Compared to traditional mate it is a completely different experience. It is a little sweet and spicy (like cinnamon) and I do get the slight tongue numbing feeling others have mentioned.

The mate of my childhood is much stronger and less complex in flavor.

Overall I enjoy it. However, I am just getting into loose tea and have a world of tea to explore, so I might not come back to this one for a while.