Samurai Chai Maté

Chai Green Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Anise, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Candied Pinapple, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coriander, Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Orange Peels
Orange Zest, Peppercorn, Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Smooth, Spicy, Sweet, Apple, Ginger, Spices, Wood, Cardamon, Floral
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle Szetela

2 Images

• “Thanks to *Madeline Alyce* for sending me a sample of this tea! I've been curious to try a few mates in the morning in hopes that they may WAKE ME UP! This reminds me a lot of Teavana's white...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2536 tasting notes
  • “Pushing the rating up a bit. I think this is what lets the Masala I blend it with really shine...like a good coat of light primer to layer darker shades of paint on top of. On a related note...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “So this is the fourth and final tea from the gift pack I first talked about in this note: http://steepster.com/clareborn/posts/184829 Today is an important day; it's Swedish Cinnamon Roll Day!...” Read full tasting note
    annapocalyptic 300 tasting notes
  • “i'm addicted to the scent of this after a steep! couldn't put the teapot down...and i wouldnt have if i didnt have to pour out the pot of MateVana (steeped them at the same time for...” Read full tasting note
    yssah 89 tasting notes

From Teavana

The way of the warrior is strength, skill, fairness, mercy, power, energy and balance. Our chai embodies this spirit with an invigorating green mate and green rooibos blend. Cinnamon, anise and cardamom blend with papaya, pineapple, orange and lemongrass – a combination to face every new day samurai-style.

Sweet and spicy infusion of cinnamon and citrus undertones with papaya.

About Teavana View company

My God, I just had this tea today after trying the blend of it and the Maharaja Chai Oolong, at Teavana and I have to say, I was completely hooked. Seeing as I have the Maharaja at home, I wanted to complete and perhaps get a chance to even blend this tea myself.
Though the smell is rather…interesting and strong when you first take a whiff, in the cup it is spicy (just enough though) and wonderfully tangy. It leaves a pleasurable finish on your palette though. Seriously liking it right now, and it’s great you can steep it more than once. It is a bit odd with sugar/sweetner in it (when it’s unblended) and I dunno, I would even stay away from the sweet.

Had this at a friends place. It was good,but he served it with milk. Never really looked into mate chai teas…i’m used to having my tea without milk. But all in all;I feel it might have been better without milk.

I simply can’t get enough of this tea. I love the spicier notes of the tea. Plus, it keeps me awake! I love blending it with Maharaja Chai Oolong. This is a tea I could never grow out of drinking.

Brilliant! I do use a little more than recommended though, I like a strong tea :) The smell alone is enough to convince anyone I think.

Big fan of this. Finally a Chai I can drink every day. I am not always a fan of how “herby” maté can be on it’s own, and you can hardly taste that in this. However, I live in Canada, so I can only get on hands on it when in the states.
Steep time is important to make sure the spice notes really develop in the tea.

dark bronze liqeur.. this tea is sweet and at the same time spicy. this dynamic is a constant back and forth while both sipping and smelling this tea. cinnamon comes through strong but not over powering. and the rooiboos adds a mellowness to the blend that gives it a nice balance.

a great mid day tea

my favorite

This is my all-time favorite tea from Teavana. I love chai, but the fact that it’s mate and not black tea makes all of the difference. It’s very spicy and “cinnamony,” plus it has a good amount of caffeine. This one is a keeper.

I had tasted this mixed at Teavana and have been drinking the mix for a while. I finally decided to try it by itself today and it was heaven. I love the way everything blends so well together. It is such a wonderful taste and the cinnamon is the icing on the cake. It’s so sweet and relaxing and reminds me of a great fall tea. I’m not sure if I will do the mix anymore or just drink it by itself now. This tea is AWESOME

One of my favs I have this blended with White Ayurvedic Chai my nephew got this at mall the girl accidently made it iced but it was sooo good cold I have to recommend this hot and iced.