My Morning Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Caramel, Cocoa, Wood, Cinnamon, Roasted, Dust, Honey, Dark Bittersweet, Nuts, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Russ Goerend

From Teavana

Kick the coffee habit with an invigorating blend of Mate, Yunnan black tea, chocolate, nuts and a touch of spice. This tea will get your morning started with a delectable energy boost! Also known as The Coffee Kicker. Note: this tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

This thing is delicious! Definitely one of my new favorites. It’s spicy and chocolatey, and sweet. Hopefully the high caffeine content will keep me awake for this long day :)

Used 1.5 tsp, steeped for around 6 mins, and added a little milk and sugar. It’s perfection. Better than coffee, and better than hot chocolate. Need to remember to try it with hotter water next time…

This is only my second Teavana tea. I had a Starbucks card and wanted to buy a new tea with it. I read the reviews about this, but when I got to the store they were sold out! Luckily, they had a large pre-packed tin left. I bought it without even smelling it. The first time I took a sniff and brewed it, I was a little disappointed. It didn’t have the same bang that many David’s teas have. I kept trying it since I bought a huge tin of around 200 grams and needed to use it! Now it is my favourite tea. I let the kettle boil and take it off the heat for a minute or so. Then I brew the tea for at least 8 minutes and add a bit of milk. It is so refreshing and tasty! I don’t taste chocolate. It is more of a creamy, nutty tea. I love that it has a mix of different types of tea in it. I will always have this on hand! It is not one I can see myself getting tired of.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Reminds me of a mocha! I had a feeling I’d like this one when I smelled it. I’m glad I purchased more of it than the others I bought on the same haul. Sweet and slightly spicy. Best mate I’ve had so far, actually (but don’t take that for face value; I’ve only had 2).

This is my favorite “coffee tea”. I have this and the MatéVana but this is my favorite. I’m a college student with a coffee intolerance, for whatever reason most coffee makes me sick, but I love the taste! So this is my happy medium. I love the roasted flavor early in the morning when I have to get out the door to get kids on the bus that I babysit. I don’t prepare this tea how Teavana says to because I like a good, strong cup so I put 3 1/2-4 tsp. in for my 16oz. travel mugs. 1/2 scoop german rock sugar and a splash of vanilla creamer are what i sweeten this with, just because it’s how i like my coffee.

Steep Time: 5-6min.

This is definitely my go-to morning tea. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the term and coffee has been disagreeing with me lately. I was drinking this straight at first, but I’ve found my magical blend. I mix 2 parts of My morning mate and 1 part white chocolate peppermint, a little milk and some honey. It’s absolutely amazing and I have even opened a couple co-worker’s minds to the possibilities of tea.

This will certainly give you an energy boost! It has a very rich scent and pleasant taste to it. Nutty is the best way I can describe it. I’m not a coffee drinker, but out of all of the teas I’ve tried I’d say this comes closest to my imagining of it. I drink it with either a bit of German rock sugar or honey. Both are lovely!

I really enjoyed drinking this, it’s the perfect wake-up tea for me!

The taste profile of this tea is very similar to coffee, making this the perfect to tea drink when your trying to cut down or eliminate your coffee intake. I found the nutty flavour stood out the most with a hint of chocolate and cinnamon. I enjoy this tea without the sugar and cream associated with coffee, which makes this a much healthier choice.

A little bland for my liking, unless you use a ton. Overall it does have a nice flavor and it gives a decent energy boost, but I’d like something with a stronger taste for a morning tea.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I’m on the fence about My Morning Mate.

I ordered 2oz of Earl Grey Creme one time, and it was fine until one day, I wanted to gag drinking it. When I tried My Morning Mate, it had this citrus note that reminded me of Earl Grey…I wanted to dump it but a friend of mine had gotten it for me as part of a Christmas present and I didn’t want to be a jerk.

That being said, I’ve gotten used to the flavor and will even crave it at times. I bounce between this and MateVana for my morning cup, but more often than not, I’ll lean towards MateVana.