Six Summits

Oolong Tea
Berries, Earth, Flowers, Fruit Tree Flowers, Plant Stems, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Teavana

This is an exceptionally handcrafted Oolong tea with a luscious natural berry aroma and taste. Good for multiple infusions.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-200 degrees and steep for 3-4 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Oolong tea with a natural berry flavor.

About Teavana View company

I purchased 5 oz. of this tea because it was on sale after the holidays and it smelled like raspberries. Who could pass up a delicious smelling and cheap oolong at the mall? Not this guy!

My version did not have any actual dried raspberries in it (as some have seen) but retained a pleasing raspberry aroma. I was told by an imposing swarm of hawkish Teavana sales staff this was a “natural” flavor and no raspberries or artificial flavor were added to the tea. I think they were confused by this tea as well.

I’ve had a lot of Six Summits to get through so heres the bottom line. The raspberry flavor lasts fleetingly for the first steep. Okay. So its flavored oolong… I wish Teavana would just flat out call it “RASPBERRY FLAVORED oolong” and not skirt around the issue here. Beyond the raspberry flavor (which is enjoyable, adulterant or not) lies a fairly tame oolong: slightly floral, mild vegetal musk, not unpleasant just thin and somewhat unremarkable compared with the rest of the field. Multiple infusions don’t bring out a whole lot more from this tea, I never felt compelled to go beyond 3 or 4.

Overall, the raspberry and mild oolong character lends itself well to blending with other teas – hot or iced – which is always a plus and cannot be said of every oolong. I’m glad I purchased this tea on sale, its tasty, but pretty thin once the novelty of raspberry wears off. Aside for blending, my remaining Six Summits has taken a back shelf to some of the more complex and full bodied oolongs out there.

You know, I normally really like Oolongs, and I was excited to try this one. But…it just really doesn’t taste like anything.

Babble

I agree. I don’t taste any raspberries or any fruity flavor. Am I doing something wrong?

Six Summits is a first time Oolong for myself. It has an earthy taste. I compared it to green tea, but it is unlike green tea in the sense green tea tastes more like a vegetable.

Very good for a flavored Oolong. A light roasted Oolong similar to a tie kwan yin. Lightly scented and flavored with raspberries. Great aspect is that the raspberries don’t detract from the tea itself. Probably one of my favorites from Teavana.

How I love this tea. The raspberry is the perfect complement, and it’s a true raspberry flavor that doesn’t totally overpower the oolong. A very nice light, refreshing, beautiful tea.

A good Oolong, It had a bit to strong of a floral note for my taste, But I would definitely recommend it to someone who like a subtle sweet taste, I did see that others who had bought it thought it was supposed to have raspberries in the tea but what I was told was that the tea trees grew in what was once a raspberry field and that is were the taste comes from.

Very good but needs milk. Steep the 1 teaspoon in about 8 ounces of water. Add in 2 ounces of whole milk to really bring out the woodsy flavors. It has a “watery” taste. Not as in watered down or bland, literally just a watery taste. It’s odd but good.

Update on Six Summits: We got the new version and it has raspberries in it!! SCORE!

This is my favorite oolong tea I have tasted so far. It has a nice light raspberry flavor to it. It has some nice earthy undertones to it as well. I am more of an earthy tea kind of person so I love this tea without any sweetener.

Thanks to Tea Junkie for this sample. I dislike sweet tasting teas. I’ve always preferred dry/slightly bitter/vegetal/earthy/dark tasting teas. This is quite possibly the sweetest tasting straight tea I’ve ever had… and I couldn’t stop drinking it. When I reached the end of my sample (the same day I received the sample) I shed a wee tear; it was like being told there is no Santa! I’m quite convinced I’ll never drink a tea this sweet this good ever again, and I’m ok with that, it was a good experience for me, and I’ll cherish the memory, but it’s time to go back…

Tea junkie

It is a good tea, but I myself don’t really do flavored teas. I drink straight pure teas. Straight green, straight white, straight oolong, straight black, straight pu-erh. Lol you get the picture. This was actually my girlfriends choice. It’s not bad, but I would rather drink this iced. Much better