Silver Yin Zhen Pearls

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jnahn

• “What a disappointment. This is advertised as one of the rarest teas in the world, a delicacy and imperial reserve. I read a lot about it before heading to Teavana to try it out, so I thought I...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 500 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging from Saturday. Teavana is such an entrancing place, I go in for something simple like a matcha bowl, and leave with piles tea and accessories I had no intention of buying. In the...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “I decided to brew up this tea today since I was about to pack up the rest to give away/swap. I read so many of the reviews complain that this tea was flavorless. I went a little overboard to...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 360 tasting notes
  • “So. Funny story about this tea: At a staff party a while back, I asked my manager about the fact that there is a huge stash of tea stuck behind the water dispensers - some that appear to be...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes

From Teavana

The world’s rarest and most famous tea, Silver Needle, is expertly hand-rolled into delicate downy white tea pearls. When steeped, they gently unfurl to release a sweet, fragrant, mellow brew. Very high in antioxidants and low in caffeine.

About Teavana View company

Beautiful white tea. Soft, smooth, a little vegetal, and absolutely delicious. Very delicate and wonderful when added to other teas.

RogersCK sent this in my Secret Pumpkin/Turkey package. Thanks!

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I was expecting something sweet, but instead I got a savory, rice- and hay-inflected treat. I got three solid steeps out of this. The last one cooled before I got around to drinking it, so I shoved it in the fridge to see if this tea is any good iced. Turns out, it very much is. The flavor doesn’t change much other than a touch of sweetness coming out that wasn’t there before. It’s very refreshing. I would not restock this, both because of the price and because it’s from Teavana, but I’m glad to have tried it.

sipdown

This is a pricier tea and was my first TEAVANA purchase. I bought it for the high antioxidant rating. Compared to my other teas, this one has a mild, yet slightly bitter taste. In the beginning, the bitterness was more noticeable, but I guess I’ve gotten used to it. Although it’s not one of my favorites and I plan to try a lot of other white teas, I could easily purchase more of this sometime in the future. I drink all my teas without adding anything, and I don’t like sweet, sugary drinks.

It may not be the best flavor, I usually mix it with one of my other favorite Teavana blends. The list of benefits linked to this tea are endless and knowing its amazing for you makes me feel even better after drinking it!

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

The first time I drank this, I followed the instructions to the letter (4-5 minute steep time at 175). I found it a bit bitter at that time, so today I reduced the steep time to 3 minutes, and it is perfect! Much smoother and fuller in flavor. There is a hint of earthiness to it. This is the first straight white tea that I have tried. I look forward to trying more!

I am a bit disappointed that re-steeping didn’t really work out for me. I steeped exactly the same way a second time (same temp, same time), and this time the tea did come out quite bitter. I guess I’ll have to experiment with the re-steep…

This is a really great white tea – when made properly. Unfortunately, I have a lot of trouble steeping it properly.
Most of the time my cup turns out a little bitter, probably because my water was too hot.

When I get it right, though, it has lovely subtle flavours. I’m always amazed how naturally sweet it is and the smooth and silky finish is highly enjoyable.

This one came to me as part of a sampler of teas from Teavana. Being a fan of rich full black teas I put off trying this one for some time.

It smelled of rich black tea, not the faint dainty scent of the green teas i’m used to, then this isn’t a green tea, is it?

I brewed the tea at the rate of 6 tsp. for 3 cups of water at 176F, for 4 minutes. The liquor was a soft butter yellow color with the light scent of grass. It was sweet and mild with no hint of bitterness or astringency.

Not a bad cup of tea, but i’m not sure I’d pay the full price for it on my own (gifts gratefully accepted, of course!).

A mild and soothing cup of tea without the astringent elements from some green teas (or am i not brewing the green teas well?)

Gene

I really enjoy this tea. it’s light, and the perfect blending tea.

You know this is my first review for Steepster. I find all this reviews so interesting; I do not know how anyone can write so much, but I love reading these reviews. I read this was good night time tea and i followed directions exactly and I loves this tea, prior to this I usually steep my white teas too long and they became so astringent.
I Thought watching the balls unfurl was so fun. These balls and other Teavana balls and blooming are so delightful in My Perfect Teamaker.

The flavor was smooth in my mouth much softer and milder than green tea, perfect for at night. I got 5 steeps out of this; the 3rd steep I added s few Silver Needle leaves about 10 and steeped 2 minutes. My last steep I added Queen of Babylon White Tea just a pinch and steeped 5-6 minutes what a mistake the atringency popped out and was undrinkable.

Love these pearls glad I have Alot… Teavana gets good as 75% off sale I bought Queen of Baylon super lg tin, cannot waite to try by itself.

Strangely it has to be brewed for four minutes. Light and fluffy and definitely Chinese.