Silver Yin Zhen Pearls

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jnahn

• “What a disappointment. This is advertised as one of the rarest teas in the world, a delicacy and imperial reserve. I read a lot about it before heading to Teavana to try it out, so I thought I...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging from Saturday. Teavana is such an entrancing place, I go in for something simple like a matcha bowl, and leave with piles tea and accessories I had no intention of buying. In the...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “I decided to brew up this tea today since I was about to pack up the rest to give away/swap. I read so many of the reviews complain that this tea was flavorless. I went a little overboard to...” Read full tasting note
    CharlotteZero 372 tasting notes
  • “So. Funny story about this tea: At a staff party a while back, I asked my manager about the fact that there is a huge stash of tea stuck behind the water dispensers - some that appear to be...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes

From Teavana

The world’s rarest and most famous tea, Silver Needle, is expertly hand-rolled into delicate downy white tea pearls. When steeped, they gently unfurl to release a sweet, fragrant, mellow brew. Very high in antioxidants and low in caffeine.

About Teavana View company

I really enjoy this tea. it’s light, and the perfect blending tea.

You know this is my first review for Steepster. I find all this reviews so interesting; I do not know how anyone can write so much, but I love reading these reviews. I read this was good night time tea and i followed directions exactly and I loves this tea, prior to this I usually steep my white teas too long and they became so astringent.
I Thought watching the balls unfurl was so fun. These balls and other Teavana balls and blooming are so delightful in My Perfect Teamaker.

The flavor was smooth in my mouth much softer and milder than green tea, perfect for at night. I got 5 steeps out of this; the 3rd steep I added s few Silver Needle leaves about 10 and steeped 2 minutes. My last steep I added Queen of Babylon White Tea just a pinch and steeped 5-6 minutes what a mistake the atringency popped out and was undrinkable.

Love these pearls glad I have Alot… Teavana gets good as 75% off sale I bought Queen of Baylon super lg tin, cannot waite to try by itself.

Strangely it has to be brewed for four minutes. Light and fluffy and definitely Chinese.

I have really enjoyed this tea. Not to mention you get bang for your buck considering this tea can be resteeped up to 5 times! The barista at teavana informed me that you can grind left over tea leaves and add it to bath water. This allegedly will help to soothe skin conditions such as eczema. Like other reviewers have described, this tea has a very earthy aroma and flavor. I feel that the flavor remains consitent with each steep. I recommend this tea. Yummy! :)

Just picked up 2oz from Teavana in Valencia. I have been able to drink 3 cups with 1 1/2 tsp of this tea. I have read much on the tea before my purchase, so i knew this was going to be a unique tea. I am very impressed with its soft flavor. I will definatly get more when i run out.

A good, light, earthy tea that holds it’s flavor well even after multiple brews. I tend to drink this more in the evening time due to it being low in caffeine.

I would suggest not going below 175F for steeping, as the flavor doesn’t come out as well, and increase your steep time about 30-60 seconds for additional brews.

This has become my favorite White Tea. Even with such a long steep, it is sweet and unassuming. It is mildly fragrant and I love the aroma. It is perfect for early morning tea.

I like it. Has its own distinctive taste. Very different from any green tea. Raw, earthy. 1st steep – 5mts, 2nd steep – 7mts, 3rd steep – 10mts.

A very easy to drink white tea with vegetal notes underscored by burnt sugar sweetness. A lovely way to start the day.