Youthberry White Tea

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Citric Acid, Hibiscus Flowers, Mango, Pineapple Piece, Red Currant, Rose Hips, Rose Petals, Sugar, White Tea
Citrus, Fruity, Grapefruit, Orange, Berry, Floral, Sweet, Bitter, Pineapple, Astringent, Tart, Berries, Lemon, Lime, Sour, Tree Fruit, Honey, Flowers
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

Delicate white tea gets its youthful blush from red currants, açai berry, hibiscus and rose petals. Candied pineapple and mango pieces mingle with Fuji and golden delicious apples in this sweetly timeless elixir.

Refreshing sweet pineapple and fruity acai berry infusion with subtle floral finish

Use 1.5- 2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, candied mango pieces (mango, sugar, citric acid), candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), rose hip peels, apple slices, hibiscus flowers, red currants, artificial flavoring, rose petals, açaí fruit powder (açaí, maltodextrin)

About Teavana View company

I used to like this tea when I first started drinking it, but since I started drinking it the taste of it has become much more bitter for unknown reasons. Perhaps its how they make it? I can’t possibly be burning these leaves every time I make the tea, can I? I will not be putting this back in my tea chest….

Husband and I have been drinking youthberry/wild orange blossom blend for the past few days, so I was interested to try youthberry on its own. I love it! I’m very picky when it comes to “floral” tea. This tea has floral notes, but it’s bright and fresh and fruity. It IS tart (rosehips and hibiscus), but I really like tart teas. It’s a balanced blend of fruit flavor with a pleasing, delicate floral aftertaste. We will have no problem finishing our 2 ounces of this tea. :)

We bought Youthberry to blend with Wild Orange Blossom like they do at the Teavana store but I couldn’t get the Wild Orange Blossom can to open so I’m drinking it solo. I like it. It’s flowery and tart at the same time which I know a lot of people hate. I definitely prefer it blended with the Wild Orange Blossom. It’s not that it’s bad, I just like the orange flavor added in. Unless I miraculously start looking younger over the next month as we drink this tea, I don’t think I will get it again because I don’t like it well enough for the price.

Thursday Dec. 16, 2010 supplemental post
1st Steep of the day.
This was a IN SHOP SAMPLE at Teavana in Lancaster.
Blended with Teavana’s Youthberry White Tea
It Made a GREAT 1st Steep of My Day.
Could not get away with out buying 2oz’s for home.
This is a Light White Blend with Super Fruit Flavor
including South American Acai Palm.
Looking to future Pots of this here at Home.
Keep on Steepin

Nothing really special about this. Mildly tart and floral. Probably a tea you have to add lots of tea to in order to get a decent flavor. Definately better cold.

I think I’m hitting the bottom of the barrel with this. I had a cup the other night and didn’t get any of the fruitiness I’m accustomed to. Without the fruit, it actually tastes kind of weird. It’s sweet white tea, and I’m not sure what’s causing the weird sweetness. The rosehips? I don’t know, IT WAS WEIRD. Need to restock!

Hit this with Citron Sonata and natural Honey….Honey rules

Another record breaking temperature, at 75 degrees. Having a floor on the third floor really bites, and makes me want to do anything BUT drink hot tea.

So I tried to make an iced tea. Using my 16oz tea maker I put around 6 teaspoons, and steeped for 2 minutes. I put it into my teapot and then put a handful of ice in. I repeated this with a second steep.

The result?? A little tart and a tad watery, apparently I still am not so good at brewing iced tea. My roommate liked the result, but I like more of a flavor to my ice tea. And when i tasted the tea before putting ice in it was EXTREMELY flavorful. I must have put too much ice in, even though I didn’t think so.

Oh well, maybe next time I will have more success.

Not exactly what you’d expect from the smell, but good. Tart.

I’ve always wanted to love this one. It was always so popular at Teavana, but it was always too citrusy for me. The bag we have is a couple years old now-not stored properly at all since we got it so long ago when none of us knew anything about tea.
So maybe this is an accurate review, but maybe it’s not. Because I can’t tell if it’s lost flavor yet. xD I know it certainly hasn’t lost its smell yet!
Whenever I open the bag I’m hit with a strong citrus smell. While steeping the strong orange smell turned into a grapefruit smell. Which didn’t give me any confidence that I’d like it.
But I tried it anyway.
This tea has the weirdest texture. It’s like…fuzzy, and kinda leaves a weird dry sense in your mouth after each sip. That probably doesn’t make sense, but I have no idea how to describe it!
As for the flavor, it’s a lot more mild than the steeping or dry leaf smell. It’s kinda fruity, mostly citrusy. Not very sweet, like the other Teavana teas I actually like. It’s kinda just there. It definitely needs sugar, and I’m not one to add sugar to any of my drinks…So yeah.
This one is not for me! >

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Grapefruit, Orange

Kat

I feel like it’s not that this tea is popular at Teavana, but that they are insistent that it should be. It’s like always brewed in house there and they offer a ton of free samples of it. I don’t understand why they don’t promote other teas!

Ost

Yeah maybe. Just everyone I know who has tried it loves it too…Except my bro. He tried the sample of Youthberry and the other tea which I forgot the name ofand hated it and said it tasted like hot koolaid. xD