Youthberry White Tea

Fruit White Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Citric Acid, Hibiscus Flowers, Mango, Pineapple Piece, Red Currant, Rose Hips, Rose Petals, Sugar, White Tea
Berries, Berry, Flowers
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “F-ck, this is disgusting. (Can I even drop the f-bomb on this site? Is it against the rules?) I asked for a to-go cup of this iced today, and still have some left that I stuck in the fridge when...” Read full tasting note
    Daniel_Scott 107 tasting notes
  • “I didn't read the description of this until after I drank it. And now I see why I thought it was just mediocre: Rosehips AND hibiscus. Is there a more terrifying combination in all of the land? I...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Fantastic day today, only seems fitting that this is what I had! I had an iced brew: In a pitcher: 2 scoops Youthberry (Teavana) 1 scoop Peachberry Jasmine Sutra (Teavana) 1/2 scoop Rock...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “Courtesy of the TTB 1.2 I did not have high expectations for this tea although the dry mix had a delightful aroma. It was a typical Teavana tea in that there were lots of colors and different...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes

From Teavana

Delicate white tea gets its youthful blush from red currants, açai berry, hibiscus and rose petals. Candied pineapple and mango pieces mingle with Fuji and golden delicious apples in this sweetly timeless elixir.

Refreshing sweet pineapple and fruity acai berry infusion with subtle floral finish

Use 1.5- 2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 175 degrees (79 degrees Celsius) and steep for 2 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients: White tea, candied mango pieces (mango, sugar, citric acid), candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), rose hip peels, apple slices, hibiscus flowers, red currants, artificial flavoring, rose petals, açaí fruit powder (açaí, maltodextrin)

About Teavana View company

DRANK ICED

I really liked this tea. It has a very nice flavor. I mean, I drink my teas sweetened (1:1 with the tea with the rock sugar) and its very good..

For the second steeping, I would add another scoop of leaves, or just dump it and start over..
I mean.. it isn’t horrible, just not as flavorful

Flavors: Berry, Flowers

This is not my favorite tea but I am also not a big fan of white teas in general. If you do try this tea there are a few things I found: first its on the weak side for me so I had to increase the amount of tea I use, and second if you over steep it the taste is bitter.

Okay. This tea is a bit strange at first, but you get used to it after a while. As some other tasting notes mentioned, some ingredients just don’t go well together. By the way, I just got a cup of iced youthberry at Teavana, so I did not make this.
At the end of the day, this tea isn’t special, but it’s good enough to recommend.

Decent tea I suppose. Beware not to over steep, as this is a white tea it gets bitter easily. Not my favorite by any means but it’s drinkable.

No no NOOOO YUCK. I usually like Teavana teas when I want something overpoweringly flavored or don’t mind overpaying for just a good straight loose leaf (love em or hate em, they do have some good quality unflavored teas… just pricey). This is characteristically Teavana in that the tea comprises a minority of the contents and they drown it in extra flavors. The main problem, however, is that they have chosen “essence of petrochemical rubber tire factory” as one of the flavors they added to this one along with all the berries & other stuff. I can taste the conveyor belt and fractional distillation chamber rinsing fluid just as prominently as the berries and tart florals.

For those who enjoy this tea and call it “unique”, maybe they just like their Acai berry notes well balanced with trimethylbenzene, or enjoy the tartness of pineapple offset with a good phenolic benzotriazole type methacrylate… Perhaps they are just used to brewing fruity teas with industrial factory waste-water imported direct from China. I guess, then, it would be unique. Not in a good way though.

Once it cooled and you spoon it full of sweetener, you can almost drink it. The trick is to try not to breathe in the aromatics (too artificial) while drinking it, and try to imagine yourself in a sweatshop shoe-sole factory while you do.

I would only wish this tea upon my worst enemies and those who actually enjoy artificial/industrial chemical flavors.

185 °F / 85 °C 2 min, 0 sec 5 g 10 OZ / 300 ML
TheTeaFairy

“essence of petrochemical rubber tire factory”
Lol, sounds appalling!!!

TeaWings

What a shame, it would be a nice fruity and tart white if not for the chemical flavors and smells

Ysaurella

bleh ! sure not something I would like to try !

darby

Awe!!! This is one of my favorites! Although I blend it with Wild Orange Blossom

TeaWings

That’s okay darby, I love blue cheese but have friends that abhor the stuff.. and some chemicals like phenylthiocarbamide have genetic markers which make it tasteless to some but bitter to others… maybe it’s something complicated or maybe just the candied pineapple, but it just didn’t go over for me ;-) You can certainly have what’s left if we ever do a swap!

Disclaimer: I have a very sweet tooth. In other words, I really like my teas sweetened.

I enjoy this tea enough and am still trying to get through my tin of it. I probably won’t buy again though, as I don’t find the taste worth paying such a steep price for. It does smell wonderful when I’m steeping it though, and I drink it often for days where I want a nice, hot drink that is slightly fruity but not caffeinated. I always add loads of honey to mine.

Great blending tea. Fruity and sweet, slightly floral too. I blend this with Citrus Lavender Sage and Wild Orange Blossom herbal teas yumm

I’m all about bold flavors, as I don’t think I have the greatest sense of smell, so I’m a big fan of this one. The dry leaf smells amazing, the taste is mostly apple/berry , the floral notes are there but are subtle to me (and I love hibiscus and rosehips) I do notice that unlike some of my other teas it can turn bitter if steeped too long as it it a white tea.

A few of my friends told me how much they enjoyed this tea so I decided to give it a try. I kept drinking it hoping that I’d actually enjoy it but I never did. First of all the smell is so overpowering it almost makes me feel nauseous. Also, even though in theory this tea should taste good, I find the flavor too artificial tasting.
I bought 50 grams of it and I don’t think I’ll ever get through it.

Like in mix, but not alone. On it’s own it tastes too floral and it gives me a mild headache.