Tiramisu Treviso

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kristin
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 34 oz / 1000 ml

• “Thanks to *TheDJBooth* for giving me some of this in a recent swap. hmm, I agree with the other reviewers here, this doesn't taste much like tiramisu. I got an almond aroma in the bag and my tea...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2587 tasting notes
  • “Another one that I purchased in my latest order from Christmas. Tiramisu happens to be one of my favorite deserts. One of those that I just can't seem to resist if offered to me. So I was hoping...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 361 tasting notes
  • “I got this unexpected bonus pouch of tea in my swap with *DJBooth*! Thanks! I had a Tiramisu rooibos from California Tea House once and wasn't too impressed by it. I didn't expect to be...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “Post dinner cuppa for my husband and I while we caught up on the Daily Show from last night. After reading all these reviews that talked about how sweetener really makes this tea shine, I bit the...” Read full tasting note
    camiah 186 tasting notes

From Teavana

The unmistakable taste of Italy’s most popular dessert is captured in a cup of dreamy chocolate bits paired with almond and macadamia brittle and finished with the slightest hint of orange zest. This caffeine-free dessert alternative is ‘molto delizioso’ and makes a perfect evening treat! Note: this tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

This tastes a lot like coffee. (I think that Teavana tries to blend tea to taste like coffee to convert people.) The first time a tried it, I hated it. This time, I made sure the water was boiling and gave it a long time to infuse. That made it taste more like coffee. I added creamer since I like that in my coffee. I kind of like it this way. Maybe it will be a good sub for coffee.

Boiling

This tea is really starting to grow on me. I’ve decided to just forget about the fact that it is supposed to taste like tiramisu (because I don’t think it does). I’m just enjoying it for what it is – a complex nutty, caramelly, creamy, slightly fruity blend. I’m not tasting the red pepper in it anymore either (which is a good thing). It resteeps fairly well also. I always prepare this with almond milk and stevia.

Really liked this one. It’s pretty complex and nice, not really sweet but still a dessert-y tea. Very good to find a dessert tea that’s not covered in fruit! I blended the last of this with my Simple is Beautiful Mt. Kilimanjaro Blue (a blueberry rooibos with yogurt bits) since I didn’t have quite enough for a full cup.

I’m not sure if I’m going to buy this one again mostly because I’d like to move away from Teavana and get sample teas from other company, rather than having to buy a minimum of 2 ounces. But this one is almost worth going back for, and the fact that it’s such a complex blend means I may return anyways.

Tried this tonight and I liked it. The smell was heavenly and chocolate. How can I go wrong here? I’m not a fan of rooibos, but this is a good dessert type tea. All the flavor, no calories.
I do think I needed to add a bit more leaf, because it was weak IMO. Maybe I did not brew it long enough…who knows for sure. But I did like it and I will be trying the rest of my sample tomorrow making a few adjustments along the way.

Another sample courtesy of Doulton! I just can’t resist trying all my new teas at least once before moving on to the old favorites. Well, this tea is interesting in a good way. If I didn’t know better I would think I was drinking tiramisu flavored coffee. It is very creamy and really tastes just like the name promises. I really like this the more I drink it although it is playing tricks with my mind. I swear this is coffee and not tea.

As a side note, the minty type smell I was getting from the gingerbread rooibos has been identified as the rooibos. All my other rooibos blends have the same type of smell, not quite mint, but I don’t know what else to label it as.

I love this tea. This is the first tea I fell in love with at Teavana and the one that alerted me to the nasty fact that they discontinue tea. My heart broke. I have been hoarding my meager stash ever since, unable to truly say goodbye. I want to keep it around so I have it to compare to other teas that I think may be a match, but sadly I haven’t found one. Tonight is NYE, so I decided to make a cup instead of letting it go bad sitting in my cupboard forever.

It has this faint but heavy coffee like scent to it. I think I can pick out the almond, but the orange peel is hard to pick out. My favorite way to have it is with cream and sugar. It doesn’t exactly taste like the tiramisu dessert to me. It has hints of it, but I think I’d be disappointed if I was looking for a match with the dessert. It isn’t quite as delicious as the pedestal I have put it on in my mind, but it is close even after aging for a couple of years. Someone else noted that it tastes similar to Teavana’s My Morning Mate, and I’d have to agree that it has similarities but isn’t an exact match. I get only the slightest rooibos dry mouth after drinking it. If they ever decide to bring this tea back it would be a dream come true and I’d buy enough to fill a tub and roll around in it. Not even joking.

at first i thought it was too strong and overwhelming. But i blended it with some black tea (english breakfast. mixing meals!) and it came out great! i used 1:1

Still don’t care for Teavana’s tea selections or ideas, but this tea is great. (And now they’re discontinuing it.)

A full-flavored tea (unless you don’t add enough tea per oz of water or if you don’t steep for long enough at proper temp).

I found the flavor, when hot, to be a bright combination of orange (like orange liquor), almonds (like almond extract or almond liquor) and a bit of cocoa. As it cooled, it tasted something more akin to actual Tiramisu (and therefore coffee). Definitely a dessert experience—especially with a bit of sugar or milk. I can’t help but think that a bit of vanilla and less orange would have pushed it further into the Tiramisu flavor realm. I haven’t had a lot of orange flavored Tiramisu, but perhaps they’re going for a bit of the bitters one might experience with espresso. Yummy as a treat, but not one that I’d want to drink daily.

The first few cups were pleasant but underwhelming. Tonight I tried hotter water and adding half a tsp more tea ad a touch of sugar. It definitely made a difference. I bought this to drink at night, looking for a dessert tea that won’t keep me up and will help curb my ice cream cravings. Prepared like this, I’d say this will do the trick.

There are a lot of good flavors going on. Definitely chocolate, subtle taste of almonds, and a buttery rum quality. Not quite tiramisu but it does fit the bill as a satisfying dessert tea.