Azteca Fire

Artificial, Chocolate, Strawberry
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Teavana

Everyone’s favorite blend of chocolate and strawberries with a kick. This modern take on the ancient tradition of blending chili peppers with cacao stands the test of time. A spicy refreshment any time of day.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep tea for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Crushed cocoa, apple, strawberry, chocolate pieces, safflowers and crushed red chili pods.

About Teavana View company

So yesterday while I was with my lovely sister we stopped by Teavana (how could I resist?). Since she’s pregnant we decided to check out some herbal/rooibos teas for her. This was one that she picked out and instantly decided to give me half of her purchase! :O The Teavana worker was kind enough to split it in half and was very helpful. Someone else in the store piped up that the entire mixture is edible. And lo and behold, it is! I had a few nibbles of just the mix and it was tasty, but not worth the price for just snacking.
Holy cow this is chocolaty! I wasn’t expecting it at all, but this is super tasty for a chocolate tea. This tea has surprised me because it is not something I would have ever have purchased for myself. I love this because the flavor is chocolate, not chocolate oil, not chocolate nibs of weird whatever but real chocolate. I’m not getting any of the supposed “spicy-ness” that was described. This is why it’ll loose a few points for me, but overall this is something I’ll be wishing I had more of during the upcoming winter!
This tea is one that I really wonder how the temperature and steep time might change the flavor.

I blended with this tea with equal parts of Sour Cherry Serenade to get a Cherry Chocolate effect. This time I used 2 teaspoons to 10oz boiling water. Steeped for 3 minutes. Liquor brownish with a bit of what I assume was chocolate floating near the top. Smells like strawberries and cocoa, not much cherry. Tastes like sour cherry with a chocolate after taste. This time I’m not getting much of the chili burn.

Not sure what it is, but something in this makes it curdle when I add milk, even non dairy creamer. Maybe the cherry? I brewed it as is this time.

I think I like this better as Azteca Fire by itself. Not much of a sour cherry fan.

Edit: a few more sips in and wow am I getting chili flavor. It cooled down a few degrees and I do like this tea a bit more.

Steeping: 3tsp in 16 oz boiling water for 6 minutes.
Added: Sugar, about 2-3 tsp

This is my first tea post, so bear with me :) This review is technically about my second cup, as the first one I didn’t sweeten much or steep long enough. The second cup was great, however. I enjoyed the sweet choclatey taste as I sipped it, and even more enjoyed the smokey chilli after taste in the back of my mouth after each sip. The only downside to the tea’s taste was that the strawberry flavoring tastes very much like strawberry syrup from Hershey’s, which I am not a fan of. Overall, I’m glad I bought it.

I made this today, and added the sugar to the bottom of the cup. Then i added about a nickel round size amount of Tabasco on top of the sugar….it was amazing.

Very disappointing. As a person that loves hot peppers (and is quite fond of chocolate, too), I was eagerly awaiting trying this blend. For my first brew, I followed the instructions closely and was seriously surprised at how flavorless a tea it brewed. For my second attempt, I used over 3 teaspoons and steeped for longer than recommended, but still no luck. Still surprisingly bland and watery.

I’ll probably use the rest with the bit of MateVana I have left.

Boiling 8 min or more

First, this has been in my cupboard for a while, I never tried it, but found the smell of the leaves to be very intoxicating and thought it would be good. I did not read the description until I went to brew it. So yesterday I was critical because I said I would not put chocolate and strawberries in tea (Valentine’s). But I think that this by itself smelled all together different.

It is a light herbal tea, and if steeping in a mug (I used a clear glass so I could see what was going on) you notice that the tea is light in color but as it cools, there is red sediment that floats to the top and a dark syrupy chocolate that sinks to the bottom. Therefore this tea should be drank hot and right away, do not let it sit because you will have to mix it. The flavor was good, there is definitely the taste of strawberry and the taste of chocolate, but they do not seem forced together which is what I believe the chili brings to the party.

Overall not bad, just needs to be drank quickly. Also, it appears that all of my chocolate chips/chunks in the brewing basket are now gone, so you can probably only steep it once.

I just want to note that while I haven’t brewed any of this yet (and probably won’t for a couple of days), this arrived this afternoon—and as I was putting it into a tin, all I could think is that it looks and smells like something that would be put out in bowls as bar snacks at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame in Santa Fe, something I’d eat way too much of as we set out on an unforgettable night of tequila shots and tattoos.

hmmm… kind of a spicy valentine’s tisane. Sounds yummy!

Ummm. Not sure how I feel about this. I can taste the fruit and the chocolate but not a strong flavor of either. There is not much ‘fire’. I also think I over steeped this which is really not the teas fault but it did affect the taste of the tea.

Incidentally I bought the Teavana Tea Tumbler which I hoped would be a good replacement to my Timolino. Basically, I was hoping it wouldnot be as good as the Timolino. I think I like it, it keeps the tea hot but not scaling hot. I also added an ice cube inside which might have helped keep the temp to a drinkable temperature.

After smelling this tea I was really looking forward to bringing it home and trying it! However, it was really weak and I hardly had any spice to it at all! I was pretty disappointed in the lack of vivacity, with flavours such as Strawberry and Chocolate!

However, I blended it with Organic Cinnamon Rooibos Chai from David’s Tea and the combination is just divine! The cinnamon adds the spice I was looking for, and the rooibos fills in the lack of tea and gives more body to the fillers! Try it out sometime!

I get chocolate mixed with fruit from this tea. There is almost no spiciness at all, which was a big disappointment. With a little bit of milk I could see this coming out like fruity hot chocolate. If that’s what you’re looking for, this is for you. If you’re hoping for some spicy chocolate tea, look somewhere else.

I did add a packet of splenda to about 12 oz of brewed tea, since I generally do not like chocolate teas unsweetened, which is how I usually like my tea. Perhaps that was my mistake.

This tea is just an issue for me…

First time I had it, this tea was weak… It made me sad, because I wanted to love it, but couldn’t. The second time, I added a bit of extra tea… Was no longer weak, but definitely wasn’t good, either. The tea smells like liquid medicine, but in a bad way (and I usually like that smell). The brew tastes slightly of hibiscus, though there is none.