Azteca Fire

Apple, Chili, Chocolate Bits, Cocoa Nibs, Safflowers, Strawberry
Artificial, Chocolate, Strawberry
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Moving right along in my deep wade through my "everything with the word chocolate in it" buying spree of yestermonth, we come to this Teavana offering. I'm most excited by the fact that this has...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Tea/tisane of the evening.... (SRP #6) This one comes to me from *FairyFli*. (Thank you so much!) She sent me such a generous bunch of samples of herbals and others from Teavana. Actually, I am...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes
  • “Another tea I'm getting to try courtesy of...yep you guessed it AmazonV! This one I've been curious about for quite sometime. I shop Teavana quite a bit in person while my son is making me wait...” Read full tasting note
    AngieL 111 tasting notes
  • “I was impressed with the scent of this tea while steeping, it actually smells like chocolate, which I can't say of most chocolate teas. Once steeped, it didn't look very appealing, the color was...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1885 tasting notes

From Teavana

Everyone’s favorite blend of chocolate and strawberries with a kick. This modern take on the ancient tradition of blending chili peppers with cacao stands the test of time. A spicy refreshment any time of day.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep tea for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Crushed cocoa, apple, strawberry, chocolate pieces, safflowers and crushed red chili pods.

About Teavana View company

It’s alright. The first few times I drank it, I enjoyed it. But I got tired of it quickly. There seems to be that the “spice” overpowered both the chocolate and strawberry. I was really hoping for a balance. I wonder if it would be better to add a splash of cream or something. I don’t know. I ended up having to throw it out after it sat on my shelf for 4 years.

Really want to try this — a fruit herbal blend named “Azteca Fire” sure sounds promising.

I want to love this tea. On paper it sounds like I would. On paper, it is perfect. In execution? Not so much. This certainly does taste like hot chocolate made with water, that said, made with too much water. It’s such a shame because it smells DIVINE. I’m trying to figure out whether it’s best to just exchange the tea for something I know I like or to find another use for it. I’ll probably end up doing the former.

sweet watered-down chocolate cover strawberries

Sooo disappointed! One of my favorite comfort drinks growing up was mexican cocoa and I was hoping this would be reminiscent of that. I think Teavana missed the mark with this tea big time. The smell is ok, it smells like chocolate covered raisins so a bit cloying but the taste is totally different. I tried this tea first by itself with no sweetener of any kind and frankly it tasted like dirty water with a dash of powdered hot chocolate mixed in. I think the biggest turn off was how oily this tea is; it seriously had a film of oil at the top! I did try this tea a second time doing half Azteca Fire and half Java Vana Mate and it was better but still not something I would ever crave. Will not be buying again.

I really wanted to try a spicy tea, sadly this one is not really that spicy it is however very good. Chocolate and fruit yumm.

I didn’t like this tea at all

I bought this tea at the Heavenly sale at Teavana this week, and made it for the first time tonight. The dry tea smells strongly like chocolate and fruit, and the brewed tea carries the same overwhelming chocolate smell. There isn’t enough spice to warrant “fire” in the name, in my opinion, as the spice only shows up minimally on the aftertaste. It’s a nice aftertaste, but it’s the only time you can taste the spice. It’s a good tea, but not a great one. I’m going to keep what I bought and I’ll definitely drink it, but I don’t think I would buy it again if Teavana started stocking it again.

Pretty good. Reminds me of a Mexican hot chocolate. Though, most the time I’m in the mood for a chocolate fix I’d rather just have hot chocolate. This is like watered down hot chocolate with a little bit of a peppery kick.

Chocolate and Chili… need I say more? This is my favorite tea. I love the spicy kick! Perfect tea if you are trying to avoid the sweets :-)