Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa Kernels, Marigold Petals, Red Rooibos, Roasted Yerba Mate
Chocolate, Creamy, Nutty, Roasted, Bitter, Coffee, Artificial, Caramel, Tobacco, Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati 5-7 min 5 min on + walking back from hot water spigot 3 heaping tsp nice dark...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 714 tasting notes
  • “Today I’m going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my itinerary...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother’s after having a full week with her. DOUBLE Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 369 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1488 tasting notes

From Teavana

Roasted infusion with rich chocolaty overtones

It’s not coffee, is it tea? Taste this coffee-like maté and red rooibos blend. Sweetened with cocoa and chocolate chips, this mochaccino inspired blend infuses smooth, dark rich sips that are soft and robust.

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Roasted maté, cocoa kernels, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), red rooibos, artificial flavoring, marigold petals

About Teavana View company

I bought this with the intent to drink it iced at work in the morning. The leaves have a very roasty, chocolately smell. Once made, I could also smell and taste the rooibos in the tea, but the chocolate didn’t come through as much as I was expecting. It’s not a very pretty cup, sort of a muddy brown color. I sweetened it with honey but I don’t know that it really needed it, I will have to try it without sweetener next time. It seems like the sugar already present in the chocolate bits could have carried the day. I can see why this is recommended as a coffee substitute, it seems very thick for tea (or “hearty” as my boyfriend described it). Overall it went down very smooth and I think it will make a great morning cup.

Not really a coffee substitute as it is billed, but this rooibos/mate drink is very tasty with honey and cut with Teavana’s Rooibos Chai. Just like advertised – has chocolatey undertone with a very mild buzz afterwards. A delicious drink, but not a coffee substitute.

creamy, chocolately, coffee-y
this is great as an afternoon snack (takes care of the craving for sugar stuffs)

Even though it’s marketed for coffee lovers, I can’t stand straight up coffee but absolutely adore this tea; it’s like it takes the smell of coffee and actually makes it taste like that, sans the bitterness. It’s smooth, has a nice nutty/slight chocolate flavor, and very rich without a hint of bitterness.

Only brewed this once so far, and wasn’t all that impressed. It turned out a bit flat. It does have a nice nutty flavor, though.

Tried this a second time iced with some sugar. Still NOT a fan. I guess I’ll have to try blending this with other things. I just don’t care for it on its own. :(

A touch of warm milk, rock sugar, and cinnamon—yummy on a cold morning!

I have been fond of Mate Vana by itself for a while now, but I find it to be better in blends: specifically, is my favorite blend: Honeybush Vanilla and Mate Vana, brew with some sugar and you have an excellent hot or cold tea.

Drinking the Honeybush Vanilla and Mate Vana again. I find that this tea is always a good blend to come back to. It does not need sugar, but sugar definitely helps to bring it to the next level.

This is a fun tea to start your dad with. Hearty, but not nearly as hearty as coffee. I drink it with milk and sugar. Worth giving a try.

A very good mate :) Nice chocolate taste! Very good iced or hot. Blend well with Rooibos Chai (Teavana) and Peppermint tea. A great coffee replacement because it has the same caffeine content.

An amazing blend of bold flavor with nutty and sweet tendencies. Steep for a full 6 min for a much fuller cup. Its a great transition for coffee drinkers trying to kick the habit. It also give you a long sustained energy boost that coffee can’t match.