MateVana

Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Bitter, Chocolate, Coffee
Edit tea info Last updated by LadyDanio

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/kati-review.html 5-7 min 5 min on http://steep.it/5%20minutes + walking back from hot water spigot 3 heaping...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 709 tasting notes
  • “Today I'm going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my itinerary for...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother's after having a full week with her. *DOUBLE GRRRR!* Mmmm Tea roasty, chocolatey....back to work and stopping my...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 361 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1341 tasting notes

From Teavana

A deliciously smooth herbal tea that is perfect for coffee lovers. It does contain caffeine, but many people have a different reaction to this stimulant since it is blended with the other natural xanthines found in Mate (theophylline and theobromine). Together they create energy without jitteriness or addictive tendencies. This tea is also a wonderful diet tea, since it curbs hunger. MateVana does contain nuts.

As seen on “The Today Show.”

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Roasted Mate leaves, cocoa kernels, rooibos tea, chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), flavoring, white cocoa butter splits (sugar, cocoa butter, dextrose), almonds, cactus blossoms, sunflower petals and cornflower petals.
This tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

Not really a coffee substitute as it is billed, but this rooibos/mate drink is very tasty with honey and cut with Teavana’s Rooibos Chai. Just like advertised – has chocolatey undertone with a very mild buzz afterwards. A delicious drink, but not a coffee substitute.

creamy, chocolately, coffee-y
this is great as an afternoon snack (takes care of the craving for sugar stuffs)

Even though it’s marketed for coffee lovers, I can’t stand straight up coffee but absolutely adore this tea; it’s like it takes the smell of coffee and actually makes it taste like that, sans the bitterness. It’s smooth, has a nice nutty/slight chocolate flavor, and very rich without a hint of bitterness.

Only brewed this once so far, and wasn’t all that impressed. It turned out a bit flat. It does have a nice nutty flavor, though.

Tried this a second time iced with some sugar. Still NOT a fan. I guess I’ll have to try blending this with other things. I just don’t care for it on its own. :(

A touch of warm milk, rock sugar, and cinnamon—yummy on a cold morning!

I have been fond of Mate Vana by itself for a while now, but I find it to be better in blends: specifically, is my favorite blend: Honeybush Vanilla and Mate Vana, brew with some sugar and you have an excellent hot or cold tea.

Update:

Drinking the Honeybush Vanilla and Mate Vana again. I find that this tea is always a good blend to come back to. It does not need sugar, but sugar definitely helps to bring it to the next level.

This is a fun tea to start your dad with. Hearty, but not nearly as hearty as coffee. I drink it with milk and sugar. Worth giving a try.

A very good mate :) Nice chocolate taste! Very good iced or hot. Blend well with Rooibos Chai (Teavana) and Peppermint tea. A great coffee replacement because it has the same caffeine content.

An amazing blend of bold flavor with nutty and sweet tendencies. Steep for a full 6 min for a much fuller cup. Its a great transition for coffee drinkers trying to kick the habit. It also give you a long sustained energy boost that coffee can’t match.

This is a wonderful introduction to mate. I find that I’m not a mate fan in general so I only tend to drink this on very cold days when I want something bracing and comforting. It seems very popular and for good reason; the taste is great.