MateVana

Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LadyDanio

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/kati-review.html 5-7 min 5 min on http://steep.it/5%20minutes + walking back from hot water spigot 3 heaping...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 698 tasting notes
  • “Today I'm going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my itinerary for...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother's after having a full week with her. *DOUBLE GRRRR!* Mmmm Tea roasty, chocolatey....back to work and stopping my...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 345 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1256 tasting notes

From Teavana

A deliciously smooth herbal tea that is perfect for coffee lovers. It does contain caffeine, but many people have a different reaction to this stimulant since it is blended with the other natural xanthines found in Mate (theophylline and theobromine). Together they create energy without jitteriness or addictive tendencies. This tea is also a wonderful diet tea, since it curbs hunger. MateVana does contain nuts.

As seen on “The Today Show.”

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Roasted Mate leaves, cocoa kernels, rooibos tea, chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), flavoring, white cocoa butter splits (sugar, cocoa butter, dextrose), almonds, cactus blossoms, sunflower petals and cornflower petals.
This tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

I tasted a combination of MateVana AND Rooibos Chai at Teavana today; it was bright and aromatic, and I had to try it as an iced tea. It’s fabulous, and has a complex yet creamy flavour.

I liked it, very chocolaty aroma, not as much flavor came through as the aroma. Still a good strong morning tea. I think this would pair well with an Assam tea.

very tasty! the chocolate really comes through.

My dad had bought this a while ago from Teavana, and I decided to try it out this weekend when I went home for Mother’s Day. Its very delicious. I love the comforting taste – creamy and slightly chocolatey (if that’s even a word…).

drinking this great tea again

Several years ago, I got an amazing Christmas present from my mom. It was a big orange box with a gold string tied around it, and inside I found a tea press, a silver tea spoon, a bag of German rock sugar, and four large tins of loose leaf tea. This was my introduction to tea, and it launched an obsession.
I brewed up all four teas for myself and two friends and we did a taste test. We all agreed that the mate vana was the best of the four. It smelled like cocoa and almond slices and went well with milk and sugar. It didn’t become bitter or astringent with longer steeping times. In short, it was the perfect introduction to tea.
I have to love mate vana. It was my gateway tea.