MateVana

Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Bitter, Chocolate, Coffee
Edit tea info Last updated by LadyDanio

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/kati-review.html 5-7 min 5 min on http://steep.it/5%20minutes + walking back from hot water spigot 3 heaping...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 709 tasting notes
  • “Today I'm going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my itinerary for...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother's after having a full week with her. *DOUBLE GRRRR!* Mmmm Tea roasty, chocolatey....back to work and stopping my...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 361 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1341 tasting notes

From Teavana

A deliciously smooth herbal tea that is perfect for coffee lovers. It does contain caffeine, but many people have a different reaction to this stimulant since it is blended with the other natural xanthines found in Mate (theophylline and theobromine). Together they create energy without jitteriness or addictive tendencies. This tea is also a wonderful diet tea, since it curbs hunger. MateVana does contain nuts.

As seen on “The Today Show.”

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Roasted Mate leaves, cocoa kernels, rooibos tea, chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), flavoring, white cocoa butter splits (sugar, cocoa butter, dextrose), almonds, cactus blossoms, sunflower petals and cornflower petals.
This tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

this one is super good and smells like chocolate chip cookies! really chocolate-ly and pleasant to wake up to. however, when i’m done my 50g bag i may be going back to chocolate rocket (By David’s Tea)… we will see.

I wasn’t expecting to like this as much as I am! I don’t get much of the coffee note that others are talking about, but I am really enjoying the cocoa sense I’m getting from this. I enjoy red Rooibos, so the inclusion of that in this tea is great for me. This is going to be my morning cup for the foreseeable future as I’m trying to lose the habit of morning coffee (which I drink with too much cream and sugar). I just put a couple of pieces of rock sugar in with the leaves and brewed it for 5 minutes. Great!

ETA: I don’t typically add milk or cream to tea (unless it’s chai, in which case I do add a little milk) but a little over halfway through this cup I did add milk. This really helped improve the mouthfeel and made it feel more full-bodied, like a coffee.

One of my favorite teas to drink in the morning. Herby, chocolatey is how I would describe the taste. It’s smooth and doesn’t have the sharpness a strong black tea would have. Almost as if it’s a mix of green tea and chocolate.

really good,smooth when brewed long enough

Taste like a roasted coffee chocolate tea.

I hated this tea. I am not a coffee lover but I do love dark chocolate. I tried really hard to like this tea. I added sugar, I added Soy milk, almond milk and I just couldn’t stand it. It smells awesome but the taste did nothing for me. I gave it away to my cousin’s husband.

This is one of my go-to teas when I get to work in the morning. I like it a little better than My Morning Mate (it doesn’t have that citrus note that reminds me of Earl Grey), and with a splash of milk and a little bit of German rock sugar, it’s fantastic.

For 14-16 oz of water, I use 3 teaspoons of tea + 1 teaspoon of rock sugar. I’m not exactly sure if the hot water dispenser at work is exactly boiling, but it’s up there. Steep for 5 minutes, add a little bit of milk, and my morning is good to go!

So it turns out I have been under steeping mate based teas. I went 3 minutes previously.

That being said, I think MateVane is a killer app for blended sweetish teas mate.

Nice rich dark tincture topped off by a visible oil greeted me after pouring my cuppa.

The flavor notes of cocoa and a nutty note were predominant, and almost had a lactose sweetness to it. (sorta like a Milk Stout beer)

Over all delightful. I could drink a lot of this.

Love this tea, one of my favorites from Teavana. I like it a little stronger than usual, but this tea is so good that even steeping a little longer doesn’t result in bitterness. Has a kind of chocolate hint to it with a little coffee taste when steeped longer too.

I don’t like coffee, I never have, and now I can be certain that I don’t like tea that kind of tastes like coffee. It’s not offensive, but it’s vaguely chocolatey and has a thin coffee flavor. Meh.