MateVana

Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa Kernels, Marigold Petals, Red Rooibos, Roasted Yerba Mate
Bitter, Chocolate, Coffee
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/kati-review.html 5-7 min 5 min on http://steep.it/5%20minutes + walking back from hot water...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 711 tasting notes
  • “Today I’m going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother’s after having a full week with her. DOUBLE Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 364 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1389 tasting notes

From Teavana

Roasted infusion with rich chocolaty overtones

It’s not coffee, is it tea? Taste this coffee-like maté and red rooibos blend. Sweetened with cocoa and chocolate chips, this mochaccino inspired blend infuses smooth, dark rich sips that are soft and robust.

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Roasted maté, cocoa kernels, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), red rooibos, artificial flavoring, marigold petals

CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

this one is super good and smells like chocolate chip cookies! really chocolate-ly and pleasant to wake up to. however, when i’m done my 50g bag i may be going back to chocolate rocket (By David’s Tea)… we will see.

I wasn’t expecting to like this as much as I am! I don’t get much of the coffee note that others are talking about, but I am really enjoying the cocoa sense I’m getting from this. I enjoy red Rooibos, so the inclusion of that in this tea is great for me. This is going to be my morning cup for the foreseeable future as I’m trying to lose the habit of morning coffee (which I drink with too much cream and sugar). I just put a couple of pieces of rock sugar in with the leaves and brewed it for 5 minutes. Great!

ETA: I don’t typically add milk or cream to tea (unless it’s chai, in which case I do add a little milk) but a little over halfway through this cup I did add milk. This really helped improve the mouthfeel and made it feel more full-bodied, like a coffee.

One of my favorite teas to drink in the morning. Herby, chocolatey is how I would describe the taste. It’s smooth and doesn’t have the sharpness a strong black tea would have. Almost as if it’s a mix of green tea and chocolate.

really good,smooth when brewed long enough

Taste like a roasted coffee chocolate tea.

I hated this tea. I am not a coffee lover but I do love dark chocolate. I tried really hard to like this tea. I added sugar, I added Soy milk, almond milk and I just couldn’t stand it. It smells awesome but the taste did nothing for me. I gave it away to my cousin’s husband.

This is one of my go-to teas when I get to work in the morning. I like it a little better than My Morning Mate (it doesn’t have that citrus note that reminds me of Earl Grey), and with a splash of milk and a little bit of German rock sugar, it’s fantastic.

For 14-16 oz of water, I use 3 teaspoons of tea + 1 teaspoon of rock sugar. I’m not exactly sure if the hot water dispenser at work is exactly boiling, but it’s up there. Steep for 5 minutes, add a little bit of milk, and my morning is good to go!

So it turns out I have been under steeping mate based teas. I went 3 minutes previously.

That being said, I think MateVane is a killer app for blended sweetish teas mate.

Nice rich dark tincture topped off by a visible oil greeted me after pouring my cuppa.

The flavor notes of cocoa and a nutty note were predominant, and almost had a lactose sweetness to it. (sorta like a Milk Stout beer)

Over all delightful. I could drink a lot of this.

Love this tea, one of my favorites from Teavana. I like it a little stronger than usual, but this tea is so good that even steeping a little longer doesn’t result in bitterness. Has a kind of chocolate hint to it with a little coffee taste when steeped longer too.

I don’t like coffee, I never have, and now I can be certain that I don’t like tea that kind of tastes like coffee. It’s not offensive, but it’s vaguely chocolatey and has a thin coffee flavor. Meh.