MateVana

Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa Kernels, Marigold Petals, Red Rooibos, Roasted Yerba Mate
Chocolate, Creamy, Nutty, Roasted, Bitter, Coffee, Artificial, Caramel, Tobacco, Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Nuts
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/kati-review.html 5-7 min 5 min on http://steep.it/5%20minutes + walking back from hot water spigot 3 heaping tsp nice dark...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 714 tasting notes
  • “Today I’m going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my itinerary...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother’s after having a full week with her. DOUBLE Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 370 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1543 tasting notes

From Teavana

Roasted infusion with rich chocolaty overtones

It’s not coffee, is it tea? Taste this coffee-like maté and red rooibos blend. Sweetened with cocoa and chocolate chips, this mochaccino inspired blend infuses smooth, dark rich sips that are soft and robust.

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Roasted maté, cocoa kernels, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), red rooibos, artificial flavoring, marigold petals

CONTAINS MILK

About Teavana View company

Sipdown no. 150 of the year 2014!

I feel like I’ve accomplished something. On the other hand, I’ve got a long way to go.

I’m glad to see this one go. It’s marginally better than the other mates I’ve had including the flavored ones, but it is far from a favorite. Also, the more I drink it, the more I taste a weird liquor-y note, like a brandy flavor or something. Not fond of that.

Happy tax day to those of you paying U.S. taxes. I had to get an extension because my bank failed to send me the correct documents on something. Bother.

And happy Passover to those celebrating. Chag Pesach sameach!

boychik

Last night we watched “Prince of Egypt” for maybe 10th time.

__Morgana__

Haha! My kids love that one.

DeliriumsFrogs

I haven’t watched that in forever! When my son was little (he’s 15 now…), he’d run around the house yelling “LET MY PEOPLE GO!” If we were out in public when he did it, we got some strange looks. lol

juliebeth

haha! happily, or sadly, we’re still on the lego movie with my six year old. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

that, and, i wanted to like MateVana. i could not. was quite sad.

__Morgana__

I know. I wanted to like mate, period. But it was not to be. About the Lego movie. Did anyone else find yourself completely not into it UNTIL the human kid and dad showed up? I became emotionally engaged when they showed up, and I kept thinking how much more I would have liked it if they’d shown up a lot earlier.

boychik

I have to agree abt Lego movie. But my 7yr old just ready to watch it 24/7. On the other hand today they watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. And he is so into HP. He read all the books

I think I was a coffee snob too long to really enjoy this. I can taste the the fake “cappuccino” flavor (which isn’t a flavor in and of itself as so much as it is a preparation, but this is a tea site and no reason to go into that here) and, sadly, I’ve had a giant tin of this sitting in my cupboard for months after someone bought it for me for my birthday.

this one is super good and smells like chocolate chip cookies! really chocolate-ly and pleasant to wake up to. however, when i’m done my 50g bag i may be going back to chocolate rocket (By David’s Tea)… we will see.

I wasn’t expecting to like this as much as I am! I don’t get much of the coffee note that others are talking about, but I am really enjoying the cocoa sense I’m getting from this. I enjoy red Rooibos, so the inclusion of that in this tea is great for me. This is going to be my morning cup for the foreseeable future as I’m trying to lose the habit of morning coffee (which I drink with too much cream and sugar). I just put a couple of pieces of rock sugar in with the leaves and brewed it for 5 minutes. Great!

ETA: I don’t typically add milk or cream to tea (unless it’s chai, in which case I do add a little milk) but a little over halfway through this cup I did add milk. This really helped improve the mouthfeel and made it feel more full-bodied, like a coffee.

One of my favorite teas to drink in the morning. Herby, chocolatey is how I would describe the taste. It’s smooth and doesn’t have the sharpness a strong black tea would have. Almost as if it’s a mix of green tea and chocolate.

really good,smooth when brewed long enough

Taste like a roasted coffee chocolate tea.

I hated this tea. I am not a coffee lover but I do love dark chocolate. I tried really hard to like this tea. I added sugar, I added Soy milk, almond milk and I just couldn’t stand it. It smells awesome but the taste did nothing for me. I gave it away to my cousin’s husband.

This is one of my go-to teas when I get to work in the morning. I like it a little better than My Morning Mate (it doesn’t have that citrus note that reminds me of Earl Grey), and with a splash of milk and a little bit of German rock sugar, it’s fantastic.

For 14-16 oz of water, I use 3 teaspoons of tea + 1 teaspoon of rock sugar. I’m not exactly sure if the hot water dispenser at work is exactly boiling, but it’s up there. Steep for 5 minutes, add a little bit of milk, and my morning is good to go!

So it turns out I have been under steeping mate based teas. I went 3 minutes previously.

That being said, I think MateVane is a killer app for blended sweetish teas mate.

Nice rich dark tincture topped off by a visible oil greeted me after pouring my cuppa.

The flavor notes of cocoa and a nutty note were predominant, and almost had a lactose sweetness to it. (sorta like a Milk Stout beer)

Over all delightful. I could drink a lot of this.