Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Chocolate Flakes, Cocoa Kernels, Marigold Petals, Red Rooibos, Roasted Yerba Mate
Chocolate, Creamy, Nutty, Roasted, Bitter, Coffee, Artificial, Caramel, Tobacco, Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati 5-7 min 5 min on + walking back from hot water spigot 3 heaping tsp nice dark...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 714 tasting notes
  • “Today I’m going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my itinerary...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother’s after having a full week with her. DOUBLE Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 369 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1488 tasting notes

From Teavana

Roasted infusion with rich chocolaty overtones

It’s not coffee, is it tea? Taste this coffee-like maté and red rooibos blend. Sweetened with cocoa and chocolate chips, this mochaccino inspired blend infuses smooth, dark rich sips that are soft and robust.

Use 1.5-2 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just at boiling (208 degrees/98 degrees Celsius) and steep for 5-6 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Roasted maté, cocoa kernels, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), red rooibos, artificial flavoring, marigold petals

About Teavana View company

I don’t like coffee, I never have, and now I can be certain that I don’t like tea that kind of tastes like coffee. It’s not offensive, but it’s vaguely chocolatey and has a thin coffee flavor. Meh.

My favorite of Teavana’s mates. Rich and chocolaty. Perfect in the morning with a little cream and sugar. Nice alternative to coffee.

This tea is fairly okay. I must confess, it’s not my favorite for straight drinking – I like mixing it into my morning coffee (blasphemy, I know), because it makes the coffee taste like a cookie. As a coffee mixer, it’s pretty delicious.

Despite not liking nutty teas too much, I like MateVana. I think it’s because it really does remind me of a coffee.

It has a decent amount of sweetness, and the chocolate taste is fantastic. I once burnt this, though, and it was only a cup of oversweet regret. Watch your temperature.

Steeped 1.5 t per 8 oz at 208 for 5 mins.

Not a huge fan. Thought the flavor was weak. I had troubles finishing the two ounces I purchased.

This tea is wonderful iced or hot. It has a chocolate taste to it, and it’s a must have for avid coffee drinkers.

I love how strong and rich this tea is. If you over steep this tea it can end up pretty bitter. Overall this is a really good tea, especially if you need a little pick me up..

I love this mixed with Rooibos Chai. It is perfect in the morning. By itself I have to add 2 teaspoons for me to really love it. For me it is a great mixer.

Nice and chocolatey, slightly nutty, with a roasted flavor from the mate. It reminds me of a coffee drink. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

Wild, deep, spicy, and sweet, this cup is a great value for the price asked. I’d call it a full-bodied herbal, with a truly exotic flavor. Nutty, chocolate, and spicy. The stimulant yerba mate brings a euphoric energy. My guests are like chipmunks wearing tuxedos when I serve this at dessert time. This cup says “Humanity has indeed come a long way.” Many people switch from coffee to mate and you’ll be hollering about the taste.
Roasted Mate leaves, cocoa kernels, rooibos tea, chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), flavoring, white cocoa butter splits (sugar, cocoa butter, dextrose), almonds, cactus blossoms, sunflower petals and cornflower petals.
This tea contains nuts. Don’t buy it if you are allergic.