MateVana

Herbal Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LadyDanio

• “12 ounce hot spigot water in Kati http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/04/kati-review.html 5-7 min 5 min on http://steep.it/5%20minutes + walking back from hot water spigot 3 heaping...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “Today I'm going to use my brand spanking new gym membership for the first time, so I need a little kick to wake me up before I go. The other big project for the day is planning my itinerary for...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Have to be at the station this morning and have to take the kiddo back to her mother's after having a full week with her. *DOUBLE GRRRR!* Mmmm Tea roasty, chocolatey....back to work and stopping my...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 352 tasting notes
  • “Backlog #3 Ok so I got a teensy bit outta control with the tea buying. but it was my first time at Teavana and I had to see what all the fuss was about! Folks here(at Steepster) love to hate and...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1300 tasting notes

From Teavana

A deliciously smooth herbal tea that is perfect for coffee lovers. It does contain caffeine, but many people have a different reaction to this stimulant since it is blended with the other natural xanthines found in Mate (theophylline and theobromine). Together they create energy without jitteriness or addictive tendencies. This tea is also a wonderful diet tea, since it curbs hunger. MateVana does contain nuts.

As seen on “The Today Show.”

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to boiling (208 degrees) and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
Roasted Mate leaves, cocoa kernels, rooibos tea, chocolate chips (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), flavoring, white cocoa butter splits (sugar, cocoa butter, dextrose), almonds, cactus blossoms, sunflower petals and cornflower petals.
This tea contains nuts.

About Teavana View company

Despite not liking nutty teas too much, I like MateVana. I think it’s because it really does remind me of a coffee.

It has a decent amount of sweetness, and the chocolate taste is fantastic. I once burnt this, though, and it was only a cup of oversweet regret. Watch your temperature.

Steeped 1.5 t per 8 oz at 208 for 5 mins.

Not a huge fan. Thought the flavor was weak. I had troubles finishing the two ounces I purchased.

This tea is wonderful iced or hot. It has a chocolate taste to it, and it’s a must have for avid coffee drinkers.

I love how strong and rich this tea is. If you over steep this tea it can end up pretty bitter. Overall this is a really good tea, especially if you need a little pick me up..

I love this mixed with Rooibos Chai. It is perfect in the morning. By itself I have to add 2 teaspoons for me to really love it. For me it is a great mixer.

Nice and chocolatey, slightly nutty, with a roasted flavor from the mate. It reminds me of a coffee drink. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.

Wild, deep, spicy, and sweet, this cup is a great value for the price asked. I’d call it a full-bodied herbal, with a truly exotic flavor. Nutty, chocolate, and spicy. The stimulant yerba mate brings a euphoric energy. My guests are like chipmunks wearing tuxedos when I serve this at dessert time. This cup says “Humanity has indeed come a long way.” Many people switch from coffee to mate and you’ll be hollering about the taste.
This tea contains nuts. Don’t buy it if you are allergic.

I bought this with the intent to drink it iced at work in the morning. The leaves have a very roasty, chocolately smell. Once made, I could also smell and taste the rooibos in the tea, but the chocolate didn’t come through as much as I was expecting. It’s not a very pretty cup, sort of a muddy brown color. I sweetened it with honey but I don’t know that it really needed it, I will have to try it without sweetener next time. It seems like the sugar already present in the chocolate bits could have carried the day. I can see why this is recommended as a coffee substitute, it seems very thick for tea (or “hearty” as my boyfriend described it). Overall it went down very smooth and I think it will make a great morning cup.

Not really a coffee substitute as it is billed, but this rooibos/mate drink is very tasty with honey and cut with Teavana’s Rooibos Chai. Just like advertised – has chocolatey undertone with a very mild buzz afterwards. A delicious drink, but not a coffee substitute.

creamy, chocolately, coffee-y
this is great as an afternoon snack (takes care of the craving for sugar stuffs)