Masala Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “So, I was gone all weekend (Six Flags for G's birthday! Fun for all ages!), but this means when I got home and wanted chai there was no milk in the fridge :( So you know what I put in this?...” Read full tasting note
    teabird 403 tasting notes
  • “This is another of the June teas of the month on the Teavana classic tea of the month plan. I tried it today using the Samovar stovetop method with Leafspa Yunan Gold as the extra black tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 952 tasting notes
  • “This tea is not consistent for me. I'll have it once and it is great, the next time it tastes weak or unbalanced. I steeped this second infusion of the chai/vanilla black blend for a bit longer and...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “This chai is a staple of my morning routine. I combine it with Samurai Chai Mate, and together I like them better...alone, this chai can sometimes gain that bitter black tea edge, especially if you...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes

From Teavana

Black tea from India blended with ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla for a spicy treat. Enjoy this authentic chai tea with milk and rock cane sugar as a Chai Latte.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Indian black tea with vanilla pieces, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger pieces.

About Teavana View company

While this isn’t as perfect as using pure black chai and masala spice to taste, it is a reliably delicious easy cuppa. If you’re willing to wait, you can steep a nice cup with very little and get a deep palette of the spices (cinnamon, anise, cardamom, ) and good old black tea flavor. Absolutely recommend for any strong chai lover.

There is something about the mildness of this tea that I really love. The spices do not overpower the tea flavor at all. I used a bit of rock sugar to balance the taste and I found it perfect. Soft spices flavor, strong black tea taste and a final kick from the cinnamon. I love this chai.

This chai is tepid. The biggest problem with the flavor is the black pepper, which isn’t advertised, and it has the strongest influence. The flavor of “the leaf” is delicious, but overall this cup didn’t make me soar heavenward. There are many better black chais, ones with more ingredients and less black pepper.

this was my first chai tea. I had it at the store and thought it was pretty good. If it was not discontinued i would definitely get some.

Have they changed it recently? The quality of the tea leaf looks wrong, as if it’s been mechanically dehydrated rather than dried, and it’s not as spicy as I recall. In fact, I added in my own spices to get it up to par so I could finish it off.

Good spicy flavor.

One of our perpetual favorites. We turn to it for its comforting, warming quality.

Say what I may about Teavana’s customer service, their Masala Chai is good staple.

While it’s not the finest chai out there, it’s still tasty. You can easily pick up the smell of the cardamom and ginger, and definitely taste it on the way down. Strong flavor, but still lacking something.. can’t put my finger on what.