Rooibos Chai

Chai Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “Backlogging. When we last left Chrine Tuesday night, she had just tealogged the teas she drank that day and was about to go into the forum for a certain chai recipe she'd see and make stove top...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “I picked up some of this on the shopping trip yesterday. It was my first loose tea and I was out and had been for a while. I really noticed the cinnamon A LOT this time around...almost two much...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Oh, gosh. Steepster tells me that I last logged this tea almost two years ago. How can that be? Honestly, this rooibos chai is like that tattered, reliable, security bankie that's always there for...” Read full tasting note
    bleepnik 117 tasting notes
  • “My Bostonian relatives sent me home with a bit of this to try and I finally got around to it today, I just find it hard to get excited about rooibos blends. Like another reviewer said: "it looks...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 164 tasting notes

From Teavana

This delicious chai is made from Aspalathus linoaris, a South African plant that gives it a rich, red color. The red Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free and filled with vitamin C, minerals, and proteins. And combined with cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, and lemongrass, it makes a wonderful herbal tea.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Red Rooibos with ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, lemongrass and cardamom.

About Teavana View company

This tea goes great with milk (almond milk), is not that spicy, but i like strong ginger flavor. I dont fell the ginger in this tea that much. But i still like it.

It’s been about two weeks since I made this (both hot and iced), so my memory isn’t the best. When I made it hot first, the lemongrass flavor was really strong and there was none of the chai spice that I love. I added rock sugar when making it iced, which mellowed out the lemongrass flavor but didn’t improve the taste otherwise. It’s not a bad tea, it just doesn’t taste like a chai. Adagio’s rooibos chai is better, but my absolute favorite (which is technically a rooibos chai but tastes nothing like the other two) is Teavana’s Tulsi Dosha Chai.

Cinnamon is the taste I get from this one. It’s a great tasting Rooibos. I have to sweeten it up with honey. My five year old likes it too.

OMGosh! This tea sticks to me like a perfum. I lick my lips for a taste, I kiss my boys and they say I smell yummy, its on me & my clothes…crazy but in a tasty way.

Teavana’s Rooibos Chai smells spectacular, but is a little weak for a chai. However, blending it with their Masala Chai (which isn’t my favorite, but works in a pinch) made for a fuller blend with a more subtle blend of spices- a new favorite from my small collections of Chais.

I’ve not had all that good experiences with Teavana’s rooibos blends in the past, but I decided to give this one a tentative go…

In the cup it smells pretty nicely of cinnamon spice and just the barest hint of that cardboard rooibos note that can linger in the lower-quality ones…but the flavour doesn’t quite match up with the scent.

I mean, it smells like it should be really good but the taste is just a flat and rather mediocre cinnamon without the depth and heat that I expect from a quality chai.

Not sure what I’ll be doing with this one, but I’m not all that excited to drink it again…

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
pyarkaaloo

i feel you on this one, i have their Dosha Chai Rooibos which is a complete and utter disappointment. yack.

Pyroxy

They had a chai that I liked a long time ago…maybe it was a honeybush one (or my tastebuds have a faulty memory)?

I’ve been trying to find it for ages, but I keep getting cupfuls of drek. Meh.

Chai is my favorite to drink in the cooler weather, and I love having a caffeine free version. I got a lot of this during one of the 75% off sales, and sort of wish I hadn’t. It is delicious, but I wish the spices were a bit stronger. I have to use more tea than I normally would to make a cup that has flavor even after I add almond milk.

Pretty decent tea if it weren’t for the lemon grass. Yuck. For some reason this just doesn’t mix well with the other favors. I like warm spicey chai and I like lemon but not together!! after tasting the lemon grass… It was all I could taste and didn’t really enjoy the tea anymore.

My high anticipation was met with a cough syrup-like artificial taste. I will have to adjust my brew times and see what transforms this into a drinkable brew. Although I typically drink my tea black, a splash of milk may be in order.

This is my first tasting note. I got this tea while on vacation in Baltimore. I drink peppermint and ginger tea for digestive benefits, and I wanted something along the ginger lines but with a little more pizzazz, so I got a couple ounces of this on the recommendation of a Teavana employee. So far, so good.

185 °F / 85 °C