Rooibos Chai

Chai Herbal Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “Backlogging. When we last left Chrine Tuesday night, she had just tealogged the teas she drank that day and was about to go into the forum for a certain chai recipe she'd see and make stove top...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “I picked up some of this on the shopping trip yesterday. It was my first loose tea and I was out and had been for a while. I really noticed the cinnamon A LOT this time around...almost two much...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Oh, gosh. Steepster tells me that I last logged this tea almost two years ago. How can that be? Honestly, this rooibos chai is like that tattered, reliable, security bankie that's always there for...” Read full tasting note
    bleepnik 117 tasting notes
  • “My Bostonian relatives sent me home with a bit of this to try and I finally got around to it today, I just find it hard to get excited about rooibos blends. Like another reviewer said: "it looks...” Read full tasting note
    Kwinter 169 tasting notes

From Teavana

This delicious chai is made from Aspalathus linoaris, a South African plant that gives it a rich, red color. The red Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free and filled with vitamin C, minerals, and proteins. And combined with cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, and lemongrass, it makes a wonderful herbal tea.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 208 degrees and steep for 5-6 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Red Rooibos with ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, lemongrass and cardamom.

About Teavana View company

One of my staples. I love the lemon grass. To me it is not too strong but just right. I love drinking this with a little honey and a dash of cream. Its a nice treat at night.

This is my least favorite Rooibos Chai. Even though lemongrass is the last listed ingredient, it’s all I taste. Not a fan.

Oooh! This is so great with some toast and fruit at breakfast. This Rooibos Chai has moved up the list to one of my top 5 daily teas

This was my first taste of rooibos tea after I asked the barista what Teavana had in the way of decaf flavors. Done the traditional way (milk and sugar), it comes to mind of what (I have built up in my mind) I think coffee should taste like, considering the way it smells. I love the spices, but it gets a few points off for being a very mild blend (vanilla), instead of a spicy one (pepper). Nostalgic favorite.

Interesting combination. The rooibos is prominent, and the chai taste adds an interesting background to the tea!

This was my first taste of Roibos, bought it mixed with Matevana. I was surprised at how strong the flavors are. This will be a nice change from my black teas.

SO GOOD. I usually like my tea caffeinated, but I love how this chai tastes so I make an exception for it.

Teavana guy recommended this with the Rooibos Hazelnut Dolce (equal parts) and milk. I sweeten it just a bit and have it instead of regular chai when I don’t want the caffeine. It’s kind of my dessert treat when I want a change from pure tea.

Probably the first loose tea I tried, and definitely the first from Teavana. So far its the best chai I’ve had and it serves as the baseline for comparing all others.