Wild Orange Blossom

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Floral, Fruity, Mango, Orange, Passion Fruits, Rose, Strawberry, Tart, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “So I'm currently drinking more Muharajah/Samurai Chai from Teavana, but I don't want to log it two days in a row - it's just great for getting past my sinues and this stupid cold. Because of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “There's a friends and family 30% off thingie going on (just mention it in-store, I don't have a code for online sorry) so I got some of this one to try. I actually like it. I'm having it...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1505 tasting notes
  • “thank you *fiddling* for this sample! this one reminds me a lot of tazo's wild sweet orange (or whatever it's called), though a little nicer. There is a tartness in this one from the hibiscus that...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes
  • “This was a tea of the month for April on the Classic plan. You can probably tell from the fact that it's halfway through May and I'm just now getting to this one that I wasn't overly excited by...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes

From Teavana

Orange blossom petals, sweet hibiscus flowers and delicate rose petals combine with the rich taste of tart wild citrus fruit. Indulge in this harmoniously delightful herbal tisane any time of day or night (naturally caffeine-free).

Ingredients: Apple pieces, hibiscus flowers, rosehip peels, beetroot pieces, apple slices, orange slices, orange peels, flavoring (orange, grapefruit), orange juice pieces, orange petals, rose petals

About Teavana View company

A friend gave me a sample of this. I have developed a jaundiced view of Teavana based almost wholly on some comments about their merchandising style in the shops. Ditto for tea with hibiscus in it, based mainly on the Zinger family.

What a pleasant surprise this stuff was! I am not overwhelmed by hibiscus at all and definitely taste the orange/fruity flavors. The red color is very deep, probably because of the beetroot as much as the hibiscus. My friend said “it tastes just like it smells” and it actually does.

I too assume the “orange juice bits” must be freeze-dried orange juice, but it doesn’t bother me. I think this would be very nice as an iced tea or the basis of a summer punch mixed with ginger ale. The flavor actually reminded me a bit of some Sangrias I used to enjoy.

This is my favorite orange tea! I only really drink it iced (unless I mix it with some straight green tea). If made with rock sugar it tastes just like those candy oranges I got at the drugstore with Gram as a kid. I can’t rave enough about this tea so I’ll keep it short. This isn’t a tart tea, it’s a very mild blend. Whenever I make this as an iced tea it’s usually gone within the hour, and forget about getting any if my friends in my dorm want any; it lasts about 5 minutes.

I brew all of Teavanas teas with more tea than they suggest so I make 2tsp. per hot cup 3 1/2 for iced. If it’s a hot cup it goes in for 5-6 minutes iced cup goes in for 10 minutes or more depending on how many cups I need to make in my steeper and then poured over those refreeze able ice cubes you can get. It really preserves the flavor without watering down.

The aroma is kinda floral, and very orangey.

I used to really like this tea. It still has an orange flavour that I like, but I have other orange teas I prefer now.

Oh my… this is grapefruit-y… You’d think that for a tea that has mostly orange and very little grapefruit that you wouldn’t taste it the same way. But holy moly.
It’s not my cup of tea at all… too tart…

I love, no adore the smell of most citrus, especially oranges! I tried this tea combined with the Youthberry at the closest Teavana store, and wow! was blown away. Unfortunately, the Youthberry alone was more then I wanted to spend on tea, let alone with the Wild Orange Blossom, so I just got the Orange. Even though it was a blisteringly hot day when I got home, I knew I wouldn’t be able to resist trying it out.
Sighs
Sadly, as great as it smells, the taste is quite boring. I even tried it combined with some other teas that I got, hoping that would perk it up some…..meh. It was drinkable, but not beyond that. (And yes the other teas that I used was Teavana.)

This is such a beautiful tea. This is more of an every day , or every night drinking tea. My mom and I fell in love with this when we saw the rose petals and how orange and citrus(y) it tasted. Steep time was good, about 4 minutes. The orange is so tasty.

(Backlogging) Fourth tea served at my Murder Mystery Tea Party. This was served iced to go along with the cakes I had prepared. This tea was actually prepared by my roomie and it was quite delicious and fruity. She added quite a bit of rock sugar to it as well.

Drinking this in a blend with Ceylon Black – iced. I’ve given the Ceylon emphasis, so this isn’t bad. I doubt I’d drink it alone, though – too strong.

My throat is starting to hurt. I think I am getting sick. meh :( Nothing better than a pot of hot tea with some honey to make me feel better!

Dry Smell: Orange. Like, ORANGE orange. but not orange juice or orange candy. This smells more tart, like orange zest.

Steeped Smell: This smells almost identical to Wild Sweet Orange by Tazo. Tart orange with a hint of sweetness, and hibiscus.

Taste: Tart. Almost excessively so. Reducing the steeping time would most likely fix this problem. I had to add extra honey to cut the tartness, which I’m not complaining about due to the scratchy throat problem. Other than that, this tastes like a hot orange and hibiscus punch. Tasty. Not something I would stock as a staple in my tea closet, but definitely something I would buy and drink again. I will have to try this iced.

OMG— all the things i ordered from TEAVANA taste like a tea from DAVIDs, which sucks, because I waited 2.5 weeks :(

Anyway- it tastes very similar to MID SUMMER NIGHTS DREAM (from DAVIDs TEA)

The taste: Very fruity (ORANGey – is that a word :P??) Nice iced- have yet to try it hot but will soon

I think I will wait until I get the youthberry tea- and blend it with this one. :D

The color – orange – “duh”

The smell: Nice- refreshing- orangey :)

Mac