Two Dragons and a Pearl Flower Tea

Flowering Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “I bought these to use for special occasions. There isn't a lot that is more special than Christmas Eve in this house! I had hoped to entice some of the kids into trying it since it is so unusual,...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1826 tasting notes
  • “I was looking for something fun to try tonight while get ready to watch some Sherlock Holmes episodes staring Jeremy Brett (my first Sherlock). I was digging into my sample bin and I found this...” Read full tasting note
    ThePurrfectCup 374 tasting notes
  • “Rumpus Parable sent this to me AGES ago and I feel terrible I'm just now making a tasting note for it. thank you so much for sending! This is in the Steepster Select pouch, and wow those...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1372 tasting notes
  • “This is only the second flower tea that I've tried. The other one also was a great Teavivre sample. This Two Dragons and a Pearl Flower tea has a mildly sweet and grass-like flavor. The color is...” Read full tasting note
    Stoo 160 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Fuding, Fujian, China

Ingredients: Globe Amaranth, Marigold and Jasmine flowers, with Silver Needle Green Tea

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: A fragrant, sweet taste

Brew: a single tea bundle in a clear glass in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes

When you brew Two Dragons, two arms of jasmine and globe amaranth petals will slowly expand upwards cupping a single marigold flower – and so it is given the name of Two Dragons and a Pearl. Thanks to the jasmine and amaranth, this tea has a wonderful sweet, flowery aroma and taste. The taste is long-lasting and will survive 2 or 3 infusions.

About Teavivre View company

I’ve enjoyed this twice now. The first time, I steeped it for a full five minutes with a low temperature (about 170°F) and it had a pleasant flavor, but it was lacking, somehow … and the bulb did not fully open. I steeped it again and the bulb did not open, and the flavor was still needing something.

The second time, I increased the temperature to 185°F and steeped it for 2 1/2 minutes the first time. The bulb did not fully open but the flavor was much nicer. The second infusion was even better (although the bulb still wasn’t fully open), and with the third infusion, it was still tasty although the second infusion tasted better… but the bulb was fully open and GORGEOUS.

The flavor is light and floral, with a sweet grass and hay background. a VERY nice blooming tea.

I was not really sure about this tea. It is pretty to watch. I almost wanted to do a time lapse video of it. The smell is floral with a jasmine backing to it. It tastes just like jasmine bubble milk tea that I get from one of my favorite tea shop where I went to school. In the past I have not had great experiences with blooming teas, so this was a nice turn around.

So I got this in the mystery box from the giveaway! :D
I was actually REALLY excited to try this because I’ve always been interested in blooming teas, and just my luck, I got some!
So I put it into my steeper (though I don’t know if I’m supposed to, but I did) and boiled my water.
At first I didn’t want to damage the delicate flower, so I poured the water around it instead of on top. I later on realized the water needed to be poured ON to the flower, so I did.
The flower was the delicate flower that bloomed within five minutes, because it was so beautiful, I expected it to taste just as good as it looks, I ended up a bit disappointed.
The tea itself was just any regular plain fruity-jasminey tea, nothing really special, but nonetheless I really enjoyed it.

The first thought I had when I smelled this tea was there was a light sweet aroma. It reminded me of creamed corn to a degree. The flavor is light and sweet with still some of that corn sweetness. I am going to have to try this one again to see if the flavors are present in the next batch.