Ripened Chrysanthemum Pu-erh Mini Tuocha

Earth, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Teavivre

Origin: Pu’er, Yunnan, China

Ingredients: Shredded leaves compressed into birds nest shape and individually wrapped, and Chrysanthemum

Harvest time: Made in June 2008

Taste: A complex mellow taste with a subtle sweetness from the Chrysanthemum flower

Brew: One tuocha for 8oz of water. Brew at 212 ºF (100 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: Pu-erh tea is a great fat busting weight loss product. It is known for centuries for its ability to help digest fatty foods, increase the metabolism and reduce cholesterol levels. This tea is also good for those who are looking for long term weight maintenance. Eating healthier foods and drinking this wonderful tea, especially after meals is the key to a successful diet. Pu erh tea also contains polyphones which attacks free radicals, which protects you from various diseases.

About Teavivre View company

a good tea.

cons: the chrysanthemum taste is a bit weak

Love this pu-erh, I use 1 tuocha per 4 oz of boiling water. 45 second rinse, which also begins to break apart the tuocha. First steep for 1 minute and it is a very dark heavy earthy tea. Increasing 30 seconds per infusion, by the fourth infusion the liquid becomes very light and the sweetness of the chrysanthemum really shines.

I picked up a few of these during the anniversary sale, and I’m glad I did!

This is nice creamy rich shu. I found no off flavors here, and I did give it a nice rinse before I drank it. I’ve never had anything with Chrysanthemum in it, but I found the flavoring similar to a rice scented tuocha I had once time. Similar but a little lighter. Good stuff!

My very first tea of yesterday. When I went to open the package, I did so without looking, then wondered why it smelt like oolong. I’d of course grabbed the wrong package, since I’d just woken up. Once I got the correct one, I was really wanting some tea. It didn’t really smell like the flowers while still in the toucha. After brewing, I got some floral scents. The brew was a dark, it looks close to some sort of cola. For the flavour, I mostly get the deep earthy notes, and bit of floral sweetness.

Flavors: Earth, Floral