Silver Jasmine Green Tea (Mo Li Yin Hao)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “It is raining, but the rain is freezing is freezing instantly on the car, the steps, the bridges.... Nevertheless, we ventured out for our Friday evening Asian Buffet take out. For several...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “Honestly I don't have a lot to say about this one right now because I had it with lunch so some of the nuances were lost and I wasn't really paying attention to it. It was delicious, however, and a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1851 tasting notes
  • “_«Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again...»_ Rebecca, one of my favourite book by Daphne Du Maurier. I hardly ever read the same book twice, as I feel there are so many books to read,...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 172 tasting notes
  • “This is an amazing jasmine, there is such a remarkable balance between the flavors of green tea and jasmine. It doesn't taste overly flowery or perfume-y at all. The flavor is light and sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4224 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Fuding, Fujian, China

Ingredients: Premium green tea processed with jasmine flowers

Harvest time: April, 2013

Taste: Subtle taste with scent and flavour of jasmine flowers

Brew: 1-2 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 194 ºF (90 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: As Jasmine green tea is simply premium green tea that is scented with jasmine during processing , it provides all the same great health benefits of Green teas. However it is also widely believed that the jasmine flowers themselves add some additional benefits, helping reduce depression and also helping with natural detoxification of the body.

About Teavivre View company

It is raining, but the rain is freezing is freezing instantly on the car, the steps, the bridges….

Nevertheless, we ventured out for our Friday evening Asian Buffet take out. For several weeks I noticed that hubby now likes green tea so much that I have to go resteep halfway through the meal. Last week I decided to start making the resteep right away and pouring all the tea into my large tetsubin on a warmer. It works out great! We both drink as much tea as we want.

Teavivre’s jasmine offerings are the best jasmine teas I have ever had. This is what I consider to be my budget jasmine, as it costs a good bit less than the pearls. With food, you can tell little difference and I save my Premium and Superfine Downy Pearls for solo sipping.

Even with a first and second steep combined, the tea is a rich, golden color. The instructions say to use one to two teaspoons per eight ounces water and one to two minutes. I used four teaspoons for a 22 ounce pot and resteeped immediately for just over one minute. What a fantastic company!

K S

It started the freezing rain here as I left this morning. Just minutes after I got to work it got very nasty.

I wondered if maybe your husband was just trying to get you out of the room so he could eat off your plate but I see you headed that off at the pass :)

I turned down the first offer of Jasmine from TeaVivre. What a maroon. Glad I accepted the second. It won me over.

ashmanra

I have all their jasmines except Jasmine Silver Needle White, and that will be on my next order!

CrowKettle

Just placed an order at Teavivre for a bunch of jasmine teas but I missed out on this one! Next time :)

Honestly I don’t have a lot to say about this one right now because I had it with lunch so some of the nuances were lost and I wasn’t really paying attention to it. It was delicious, however, and a 1 minute steep definitely suited it with no loss of flavor. A nice, simpler jasmine to have than pearls.

ScottTeaMan

Do you like this better than pearls Dsara? I find the Yin Hao to be less fragrant & it doesn’t multi steep as well. but it is still areally good Jasmine tea.

Dinosara

No, I definitely prefer pearls when I want a really jasminey tea, which is usually what I want when I want jasmine tea. :) I do enjoy having a less pungent jasmine green with a meal, though, and I wouldn’t have pearls for that. I did bring back a non-pearl jasmine green from China that I love as much as pearls, but it’s an exception to most things I’ve tried.

tigress_al

Is it as sweet as their jasmine pearls?

Dinosara

No, not as sweet as pearls… this one nice but not on the level of pearls when it comes to sweetness. Teavivre’s pearls are really good, though.

«Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…»

Rebecca, one of my favourite book by Daphne Du Maurier. I hardly ever read the same book twice, as I feel there are so many books to read, so little time…

But some are so well written, I just feel I have to revisit them, it’s like I miss them if I don’t, hard to explain. Anyways, this is one of those…like a good friend to me.

Perfect companion is this tea. I know I’ve reviewed it recently, but I can’t say enough about it. The aroma brings the most exquisite jasmine breeze, and it tastes fantastic. I can’t help thinking about the beautiful flowers, hugging the tea leaves at one point during the harvest process, infusing them with their aromatic scent. Still my favourite jasmine tea!

Dexter3657

In those special books, it’s like you want to pop in and see how the characters are doing, like visiting a long lost friend…

TheTeaFairy

Exactly!!! I couldn’t have express it better :-) Glad I’m not the only one doing that!

gmathis

A friend recently gave me a copy of Rebecca. After enjoying it thoroughly, I passed it along to a friend. Her comment is how rare it is these days to find a book that truly require the reader to lay eyes on every word.

Nicole

I actually have never read it, though I have seen the movie. Now that you remind me of it…

TheTeaFairy

Your friend is so right Gmatis, makes sense that it was written in 1938…

Nicole, the movie was good, but the book is simply captivating…the complexity of the characters is not projected well in the movie IMHO. I highly recommend you read it :-)

Terri HarpLady

I haven’t read the book (although I probably should), but the tea is lovely :)

Rosehips

I’ve never read it, but I want to. It sounds really good.

TheTeaFairy

Teri and Rosehips, I envy you for not having read it yet, hope you get to it eventually :-)

This is an amazing jasmine, there is such a remarkable balance between the flavors of green tea and jasmine. It doesn’t taste overly flowery or perfume-y at all. The flavor is light and sweet and delightful. I was about to write a full-length review of this for SororiTea Sisters (to be published next week), but, I think I shall hold off on the writing for just a little while, because I wish to just sit and enjoy this tea for a while. I think I will have it again tomorrow so that I can write then.

So lovely!

Jasmine is so relaxing. I love the aroma. When you pair it with a good tea the results can be heaven. This one is a bit strong but far from overwhelming. I probably was a bit heavy with the leaves so I had a steep of 2 minutes. It’s a golden hue with a dry in a pleasant way liquor. Once again I have a thumbs up from my non- tea drinking GF who hails from Anhui. I think she’s a fan of Jasmines. I am a fan of this. The second cup has lost much of the jasmine flavor but it has retained the character that this tea is all about. I am getting a slight numbing of the palate with cup 2. You will see in my profile that I am not a fan of flavored teas but I do enjoy a good jasmine. So very relaxing….

There are those days when simplicity is what is just what the doctor ordered. I have mentioned it before but a good jasmine green is truly a delight. Warms the soul and calms the spirit. Especially since I’ve been battling getting rid of bronchitis. The lungs are purring like a kitty and not in a good way. I love this tea. Reminds me of Summer Breeze by Seals of Crofts. I can’t believe I have not reviewed this yet!

Lindsay

I’m excited to get this sample! Sounds like it will be delicious.

Another jasmine green to try out today from teavivire. Again, the jasmine is just too much for me to handle. I’m sure that this would be a really nice cup for anyone who likes a smooth floral cup of tea but it’s not for me.

We got this one to compare with the jasmine pearls which I love. It makes me giggle now. I used to have a serious hate on floral teas and for the most part still do. They need to be subtle for me to appreciate.

This is again super strong in the jasmine fu. It doesn’t seem soapy or perfume-y, just LOTS of jasmine. It’s heavy and sweet but has a funny sharpness as an after taste. I wouldn’t describe the sharpness as bitterness. I think the jasmine tea for me will remain the jasmine pearls. This one is a bit too strong in the jasmine force, young padawan.

Sample from Teavivre

Cold brewed this time. I just realized that I didn’t write my original tasting note in here…I’ll have to do that later. Anyways, Cold brewed I found this tea to be much more enjoyable. Before when I brewed it hot I found it to be very floral without much of the tea base coming out and it lacked a bit of the sweetness that I have found in other jasmine. It also had a bit astringency no matter how I brewed it.

This time when I threw it in the fridge over night I gave it a sip and threw some in my travel mug for class this morning and boy was it delicious!

The slight astringency was gone, the jasmine had a wonderful sweetness to it and I could taste some of the tea base. The tea base wasn’t very strong, it was there enough to taste it and help balance the jasmine. But the sweetness of the tea was what really impressed me since I wasn’t getting any of it hot.

I didn’t add much sweetener either, 1 Tbsp brown sugar (not packed) for a quart of water with 2 heaping tsp of tea. That’s how much sugar I always add to cold brews, but this had that natural nectar-like sweetness to it…delicious!

I only have a little bit of this left and it’s all going to be cold brewed!

Thank you Teavivre for this sample!

Iced

From the HHTTB

I’m not sure who put this in the box, but the box is WAY TOO BIG & FULL.
So thank you!
This tea is yet another example of the excellent quality of teas the TeaVivre produces, & although I don’t drink as much green teas as I used to, this is very nice. Its a delicate green & the jasmine is there, but very lightly. A very nice & refined cup!