Silver Jasmine Green Tea (Mo Li Yin Hao)

Green Tea
Jasmine
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “It is raining, but the rain is freezing is freezing instantly on the car, the steps, the bridges.... Nevertheless, we ventured out for our Friday evening Asian Buffet take out. For several...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1796 tasting notes
  • “Honestly I don't have a lot to say about this one right now because I had it with lunch so some of the nuances were lost and I wasn't really paying attention to it. It was delicious, however, and a...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1909 tasting notes
  • “Happy Mother's day to all of you Steepster moms :-) This morning, I'm thinking of my mother who is such a big influence in my life. This past year, she carried me through difficult times, don't...” Read full tasting note
    TheTeaFairy 340 tasting notes
  • “This is an amazing jasmine, there is such a remarkable balance between the flavors of green tea and jasmine. It doesn't taste overly flowery or perfume-y at all. The flavor is light and sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Fuding, Fujian, China

Ingredients: Premium green tea processed with jasmine flowers

Harvest time: April, 2013

Taste: Subtle taste with scent and flavour of jasmine flowers

Brew: 1-2 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 194 ºF (90 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: As Jasmine green tea is simply premium green tea that is scented with jasmine during processing , it provides all the same great health benefits of Green teas. However it is also widely believed that the jasmine flowers themselves add some additional benefits, helping reduce depression and also helping with natural detoxification of the body.

About Teavivre View company

There is a nice balance between the jasmine and green tea flavors in this, but there is also something else going on. Not exactly a buttery undertone – but something along those lines? I can’t quite put my finger on it. Anyway, this is fine, but I think I still prefer Teavivre’s white jasmine tea to this.

Flavors: Jasmine

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Often when I have Jasmine tea, usually from a restaurant, it comes out like I’m drinking hot perfume. With this tea though, the aroma dances in light steps in my mouth, like an expert ballerina. I have also shared the tea with others and they say it does taste like perfume, but they say it with a surprised glee on their face.

I generally turn up my nose at the bitter and nondescript jasmine tea served at Chinese restaurants, so I wasn’t sure what to expect from this tea. I opened the pouch and was immediately greeted by the potent perfume of sweet jasmine blossoms. The floral scent is no less striking when steeping and drinking the tea. The jasmine flavour does not overwhelm the palate, not even after a few cups. The tea is neither bitter nor astringent, but sweetly perfumed. It is truly a bouquet in a cup. The second steeping is lighter, but still decidedly jasmine. This is the finest jasmine tea I have ever tried.

Finishing this sample off, and I think this is actually my first Note on it. I’ve been neglectful.

This was my free sample with order. I’m not usually big on jasmine, but I’ve actually been enjoying this one. It’s not as strong and floral. The jasmine scent is pleasant, there but not overpowering, the green tea light and savoury, and mixes well with the floral.

I’d probably keep some of this on-hand for those days that I’m in the mood for something floral, since I already know I like it.