White Peony (Bai MuDan) Tea

Black White Blend
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

2 Images

• “Ok, so yesterday I was sipping the organic silver needle and loving it, but I thought to myself, I’m not sure I can tell the difference between it and the white peony. I didn’t want to do a side by...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1355 tasting notes
  • “I found another sample packet of this from *Teavivre* and chucked the whole thing in to steep since my daughter visited tonight and wanted to have tea together. This was refreshing and lovely. ...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1848 tasting notes
  • “Thankyou to Angel and TEAVIVRE for this wonderful sample! Dry smell: tastes like sweet hay and fresh grass Taste: I still taste the hay a little bit but there is certainly floral and sweet notes...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “This will be a sipdown when I return from Europe, as I have one sample pack left. At first I thought I wasn't really going to be into this tea this afternoon. By smell it was very hayish and a bit...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1992 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Fuding, Fujian, China

Ingredients: Tea buds covered in white hairs, with one or two new leaves

Harvest time: April 22, 2014

Taste: A delicate, slightly flowery, sweet, lingering taste

Brew: 2-3 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 194 ºF (90 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: Just like Silver Needle white tea, White Peony tea undergoes minimal processing and so it retains all the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that all white teas are renowned for.

About Teavivre View company

I love a good white tea. This one was pretty good. Refreshing and somewhat herbaceous (in a good way). I feel like I’m drinking refreshing and sweet hay, if that makes sense.

I find it is a great tea for those times when you just want to relax and enjoy subtle notes.

175 °F / 79 °C

First of all.. A huge thank you to Angel and the Teavivre team :] The samples they sent me were very generous.
This is a wonderful white tea. It has a floral taste to it and finishes with a fruity after taste. It is sweet and finishes a bit astringent. Such a beautiful light amber colored liquor as well.

I got this as a sample with my order from TeaVivre. The tea tastes light and floral, with a hint of sweetness that reminds me of wildflower honey lingering in the aftertaste. Very refreshing.

I’d say white teas are usually my least favorite. But this one ISN’T everything I hate about a white tea. It doesn’t have that crummy dry mouth feel. It doesn’t have a horrible flavor. The flavor here is mild, light, floral, delicate, sweet (basically the description above is very accurate). Probably the best white tea I’ve tried, though to be honest, I’ve avoided them in the past. This tea could actually make me like white tea. I certainly like this one. Looking forward to trying more from Teavivre! (Check their site teavivre.com , they offer amazing generous free samples.)

I got this as a sample pack with my Teavivre purchase and I must say that this is the best white tea I’ve ever had. I haven’t had many but still I love the taste of it. Definitely on my shopping list now! :)

Beautiful tea like a finest perfume. Smells indeed like peony flowers. Perhaps someone could use it for making perfume. I have tried this tea just once from the sample I received from Teavivre, however I was instantly impressed. The taste is gentle, not grassy, and the sweetness stays on a palate for a long time.
A+ for this one!

So this was my guinea pig tea for Gongfu brewing. I recently bought a Gaiwan from Teavivre (go check out their teapots and gaiwans, they’re truly works of art) and bought a white tea to go with it– this white tea!

After I finally got the temperatures and steep times down, this tea really blossomed into a wonderful beverage. The color is golden, the flavor is perfectly white, and the aroma is heavenly! This is definitely going to be a tea I keep around for a while, because it’s the perfect tea for a quiet, relaxing night around the house :D

This one reminds me of Teavivre’s Organic Silver Needle white. I brewed it at 195 for a minute as instructed, which is hotter than I normally steep whites, but it is fine, definitely not bitter. I was generous with the quantity of leaves. Yes, this tea is gentle and soothing, but at the same time has several flavors going on. I pick up on hay, cucumber and creamy notes. This tea exceeded my expectations, as white teas are not usually what I gravitate toward. I would like to try this one again.

Just a newbie to the tea world and what really got me hooked on teas is jasmine green tea. I thought to give this one a try but it’s not really my favorite. The flavors are not as aromatic as the jasmine green tea…but I don’t feel like I know enough about tea to really compare it well. Just wanted to give my two cents. :D

Flavors: Flowers

This tea is very mellow, not strong at all. It smells delicious and taste wonderful with a little bit of honey added. Thank you Teavivre.