Blueberry Fruit Tea

From Teavivre

Ingredients: Roselle, Black Currant, Blueberries, Grapes

Origin: Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China

Taste: A sweet blueberry drink

Brew: 3-4 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 212 ºF (100 ºC) for 8 to 9 minutes

TeaVivre’s Fruit Tea’s make great, low calorie, caffeine-free, refreshing drinks for anytime of the day. Made only from carefully matched flower petals, dried fruit and berries, they all have high levels of vitamins and minerals and – most importantly – taste and smell great! They are all fantastic to drink either hot or iced.

About Teavivre View company

Love this tea. It does not disappoint.

1st steep: I used the recommended 3-4tsp/ 8oz, but only steeped for about 1-1.5 minutes. It had plenty of flavor. Stopped the steep short because the color was so intense. Taste: lots of grape and black currant, a little less blueberry. Just a tiny bit of tartness- perfect. I too was expecting it to be a lot more tart (and I generally do not like very tart tastes).

Second steep: went a bit longer (maybe 3 minutes), and added a lot more water. Still had a lot of flavor. Slightly less grape, blueberry coming through more. Still really good.

I think I could have easily gone for a 3rd steep, as there was still a lot of flavor in there. I may try to do so tomorrow.

Without having tried it yet, I do think this would taste good either hot or iced. Also, due to its fruitiness, I think this would be an excellent introduction to tea/tisanes for the younger crowd.

I was surprised that the grape and blueberry worked so well together. Grapes are such a strong flavor, I expected them to be overwhelming. But they were not. Perhaps it was the addition of the black currant?

If I has any kind of skill in the kitchen, I would probably try to incorporate this into baking somehow. We are so used to the same old regular flavors like blueberry, and this is definitely different, in a good way :)

This was more tart than I was expecting, but was still an enjoyable cup. I am finding myself liking hibiscus/roselle less and less, so I probably won’t buy this tea, but it was a good introduction to roselle and is a good one to have on hand for company that can’t handle caffeine. (I seem to have a lot of those friends! ) I didn’t try it sweetened; the next time I have some I will post the difference!
Thank you to Angel and Teavivre once again for their very generous sample sizes!

Oh, the taste of this tea. At first, I was skeptical about it. But when I got to actually drinking it, it was amazing! I’ve re-bought it once already and I sure am planning on buying it again and again.

I’m not really sure what’s so great about this tea, but I suppose the grapes add very much flavor and aroma, and blends everything together. A very soft taste, but leaves a little tingling sensation in the tongue afterwards. I usually drink it with sugar, but without sugar it is also amazing.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Thanks to TeaVivre for the generous sample.
By far this has been the best blueberry tea I have tasted. I don’t buy blueberries from anywhere in the world as nothing compares to Northern Ontario blueberries. I have to say this tea as an iced tea delivers almost the same Northern Ontario blueberry flavor. So devine. Must get more.

I cold brewed this tea in my large water bottle. This so delicious with a hint of tartness. This is the only way I like to make teas with hibiscus. Great staple for warmer weathers.

Tying to catch up on things, though it won’t go well. I have company for the next week or so and I’m sick. So yeah. My order from teavivre came and I’m trying to drink a few of the sample sizes I picked up so that I don’t technically have to add them to my cupboard :) saving a couple of them for mornings when we’re in the hotel.

A far as this one goes, it’s not blueberry enough for me (though that may be the sick factor) and I don’t like the tartness in it. I was hoping for something a little sweeter. However, if you add a little sugar and don’t tik of blueberry, this is would be a great cold brew for summer. :)

This is my first tea from Teavivre that I decided to try. I must say I really enjoyed making it as well the rich red color and lovely aroma filled my kitchen. It was a bit tart tea but that didn’t bother me. I managed to get 6 cups 8oz cups of tea from the sample bag I ordered.I steeped the leaves over and it still maintained great flavor. Overall I really enjoyed it and would consider buying it again in the future.

Second Tea Log

Taste just as good from when I was first learning to brew tea, still a favorite of mine.

Boiling 8 min or more

Good first review!

I bought 100g on a whim, thinking that there was no way I wouldn’t like this tisane. Aaaand I was right! This is so delicious with a little bit of sugar; it has a very blueberry flavour although the roselle makes it quite tart. I enjoy the colour it gives off though. After trying a few hot cups of this tisane (2 tsp loose tea), I brewed up a big mug and let it cool to use in blueberry pancakes. It didn’t impart any extra flavour into the pancakes that I could notice. Next time I will use more than 2 tsp of loose tea for baking purposes.

This is going to be awesome over ice this summer.

Boiling 8 min or more

Well hello there, tisane-I-ordered-months-ago-but-kept-stalling-on-trying. I knew I was off to a good start when I opened the bag and a cloud of blueberry filled the kitchen. It gets me in blueberry-jam-making mode, and clearly excessive hyphen usage.

This makes such a scrumptious, non-complicated, juicy cold brew. The liquor is ridiculously red but the hibiscus isn’t crazy. I’d say the blueberry and hibiscus are 50/50 but the latter is gentler and not as tart and rambunctious as it sometimes can be. I can this making excellent popsicles.

i like this one :)

This is very good, but a bit more sour than I ever really imagine blueberry being, so it masks the flavor just a bit. That being said, it makes an amazing iced tea if you add a little sweetener, and you can definitely taste blueberry. People who love juice REALLY need to give herbal blends like this a try – once you wean yourself off all the sugar, and a teaspoon in a cup tastes sweet to you, you will never go back.