Taiwan Oriental Beauty (Bai Hao) Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Floral, Grapes, Honey, Roasted, Vegetal, Loam, Muscatel, Stewed Fruits, Nuts, Peach, Malt, Pear, Pineapple, Honeysuckle, Spices
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Yoga, then Chinese Flute radio on Pandora, candles lit, and tea with hubby. He likes this one! I never thought I would see the day! Mr. Tetley-with-milk-and-sugar is drinking oolong plain and...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1798 tasting notes
  • “I'm revisiting this one today and am a lot more impressed with it than the first time I tried it (May). Since then I have become a lot more comfortable with oolongs and gotten a lot better at...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “Drinking this straight after a cold third steep of Verdant's Mi Lan Xiang Honey Phoenix. I'm noticing that this tastes much softer. The flavors blend and meld into each other. The autumnal...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 500 tasting notes
  • “I have been waiting with great anticipation for my Teavivre samples to arrive. Though they actually did several days ago, with my recent accident I'm still less than mobile and my poor wife must do...” Read full tasting note
    tunes&tea 58 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Xinzhu (Hsinchu), Taiwan

Ingredients: Tea buds covered in white tips, with one or two leaves

Harvest time: May 19, 2013

Taste: A mellow, sweet taste

Brew: 3-4 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 185 ºF (85 ºC) for 1 to 3 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: Oriental Beauty Oolong Tea contains plenty of polyphenols which can increase the function of enzyme for breakdown of fats, reduce the blood cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, anti-oxidize, have some help of anti-aging.

About Teavivre View company

To me, the tea tasted very subtle, almost indiscernible. OK and drinkable, but not enough to keep in stock. Followed steeping time on the package which was longer than the description on steepster.

Dark Oolong that is light orange in color. I can’t really place the aroma, it is pleasing though. Slightly sweet and mellow, I feel like there are a lot of flavors going on in this tea that I can’t really describe any in particular. Kind of an olio of flavors. It is quite delicious. I think it taste a little like graham crackers.

205 °F / 96 °C

Smokey black leaves, long and twisted, not green and semi balled like the other Oolongs in my cupboard, these leaves present a smooth sweet light scent of spice and grass with a buttery undertone.

It looks like a black tea, so i brewed it like a black tea, 2 tsp per cup at 185F for 3 minutes. The tea was pale orange, light bodied, and offered only the slightest aroma of the dry leaves.

Typical Oolong flavor, light yeasty, bready taste; no hint of malt or astringency, ends with a rich floral note that lingers on the palate. It was a soft pleasant brew, tasteful, refreshing, and worthy of a regular place in my cupboard.

Tomorrow I’ll re-steep the leaves, just to see how they’ll hold up to another brewing.

Gene