Taiwan Dong Ding (Tung Ting) Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Butter, Creamy, Floral, Grass, Kale, Mineral, Nuts, Spinach, Vegetal, Lemon
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Sipdown, 124. I actually meant to grab a different sample pouch this morning, but my brain is somewhat addled from poor sleep last night, so this one it is. Another of my winnings from Teavivre's...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2007 tasting notes
  • “I am trying the very last sample of this tea brewing it with the mug style. I have a nice clear mug that I can see my leaves in. I am mostly waiting for the tea to cool down to a drinkable...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 531 tasting notes
  • “A lovely Oolong - sweet, and so delicate! The floral notes are very soft in the first cup. With subsequent infusions, the flavors do pick up a little bit, but they remain a little on the delicate...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Thanks LiberTEAS for this sample. Let me start by saying this is a good tea to break me (or anyone else needing broken in I suppose) to green teas in that I've not had but a couple I enjoyed and I...” Read full tasting note
    tunes&tea 58 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Dongding, Naitou, Taiwan

Ingredients: Evenly and tightly rolled tea leaves

Harvest time: May 20, 2014

Taste: Naturally sweet, fruity aroma and has strong charm

Brew: 3-4 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 212 ºF (100 ºC) for 1 to 3 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: The substance in the tea helps to prevent the decaying of teeth and halting the plaque build-up and also reduce the growth of glucosyltransferase. Polyphenolic compounds in Dong Ding Oolong can prevent overall oxidise, and Purine alkaloids have the function of clear free radicals, so that it can have effect of preventing aging.

About Teavivre View company

Aroma: Fresh, toasty, vegetal, buttery
Liquor: Bright yellow with green undertone
Flavor: Fresh, grassy vegetal flavor with a touch of sweetness. Small hint of nuttiness.
Notes: Thank you teavivire for this free sample! I haven’t really gotten into oolongs that much, but this one was great! It was bold, but refreshing at the same time. The body felt very creamy which I enjoyed very much.

Very sweet. The batch I have is more on the green side. So it has the bready/pastry flavor of DD along with some green and some floral tgy like flavor. I like it <3 . Its a different flavor than the medium DD I got from Taiwan tea crafts, but I can say that I like the both of them.

Light Oolong that is pale green in color and has a steamed spinach and a faint floral aroma. This tea has a little bit over everything in its flavor, I get some floral, some fruitiness, a little steamed spinach flavor, and a tinge of butteriness. None of the flavors dominate the tea’s taste, but I like the way they work together.

205 °F / 96 °C

Oh là là! This is a very nice oolong tea. Upon opening the pouch, the nose is presented with the scent of freshly mown grass, with a hint of spice. The tea liquors to a cloudless and radiant amber colour that is appealing to behold. The flavour is light, of delicate fruit and flowers. There is no hint of grassiness, which often mars lesser green oolongs, nor of astringency. Because this tea is so light, it benefits from gongfu steeping that brings out a sweet peachy flavour. This tea is refreshing and delightful: it could easily become a favourite.