Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong Tea (Flavored)

Oolong Tea
Flavor, Oolong Tea
Butter, Cream, Milk, Sweet, Vegetal, Creamy, Floral, Flowers, Honey, Honeysuckle, Malt
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii

• “I was craving a bit of milk oolong this afternoon, and remembered that I hadn't tried this one generously sent to me by *Teavivre* yet! The aroma of both the dry and steeped tea is kind of a...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “First off, I got an apartment, woot woot! It is a nice little one bedroom and I am really looking forward to it. Finally! I had a huge lunch of Indian food today so I wanted something relatively...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2031 tasting notes
  • “It is a cold and rainy day today, so I decided to break out my flavored milk oolong that *Teavivre* generously sent me to try. Now, I do have to confess that I have had it at least one time before...” Read full tasting note
    MegWesley 538 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! What a wonderful sample. Seriously *Teavivre*, thank you for the sample! I have decided that currently my favorite milk oolongs go: Teavivre, Teavivre (flavored), and then David's. This...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 539 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Grown and produced in Alishan, Nantou, Taiwan
Harvest Time: May 1, 2013
Evenly and tightly rolled tea leaves
Pale yellow-gold tea liquor
Strong milk fragrance
Low caffeine (less than 10% of a cup of coffee

Different from our Unflavored Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong Tea, this Flavored Jin Xuan Oolong Tea is produced by adding edible flavoring to accentuate the milk flavor. So the milk aroma of this Flavored Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Oolong is stronger. It is better for people who like strong milk fragrance.

This Jin Xuan Milk Oolong Tea we selected is imported directly from Taiwan to Fujian, China. This tea meets the most strictly European low pesticide residues standard for agricultural products.

The flavor used for this Flavored Jin Xuan Milk Tea is from Mane (Shanghai), the branch company of the famous Flavours and Fragrances company “Mane”, which is founded in 1871 in the Grasse area, France.

About Teavivre View company

Received this as a sample.

I’m just not sure how I feel about oolongs despite how much I want to like them. First thought upon sipping is, meh flowery. Then there’s the milkiness in the back. It has a silky sweetness and I like the milk flavor, but I’m not huge into flowery teas and all oolongs thus far have tasted very flowery to me. It’s not bad, but I’m not craving more.

This isn’t as strong a flavor as other teas (say? David’s version) but the smell is amazing. You taste mostly the oolong tea, with an aftertaste of cream. I was quite pleased, though I wish the flavor was stronger.

Flavors: Cream

A sample from boychik! I liked this one quite a bit. Smooth, deep and pretty milky. It tastes “fresh” for lack of a better descriptor. I think I probably prefer the Golden Lily from Whispering Pines but this is a high quality tea (unsurprisingly) and you wouldn’t go wrong choosing it.

ifjuly

i like this one too, one of my favorite flavored milk oolongs.

I decided to give this tea another go today and used up the rest of one of the sample packets I received in my recent order. This time, I used a bit less leaf per cup and a higher steeping temperature. No rinsing either.

I think I was more successful steeping this the other day. Maybe it was just the water I used, but it tasted more dead/mineral today, and less creamy/buttery. Then again, considering my experience with Tealish’s Milk Oolong a few days ago, maybe milk oolongs are just not my thing. I still have 1 more sample pack to try to get this right.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Mmmmm, this smells so good in the bag. VERY sweet. It also tastes very sweet and makes me worry there might be some form of sugar hiding in there because I’m on a diet and don’t want to have sugar. Luckily I only got a sample of this and won’t be able to drink it anymore. I liked this better than DAVID’s milk oolong, but only because it is sweeter. I fyou don’t like sweet teas, I would stay away from this one.

TeaVivre

This Flavored Jin Xuan Oolong Tea is produced by adding edible flavoring to accentuate the milk flavor.

Honestly, I didn’t know how I would like the flavor of a Oolong Milk tea. As soon as I poured the hot water over the leaves my sense of smell came alive. It had a wonderful scent of creamy fruit that I just loved. Yes, I would love to have this tea again. Thank you so much Teavivre!!!

This is my first experience with milk oolong so I really did not know what to expect or write.

The dry leaves were tight small balls of what I would discover to be large full leaves with a light oolong smell.

The first steep went for 2:45 at 212 and produced a dark gold liquid. The tea is a smooth sweet milky taste with a mellow oolong backing. This is a really interesting tea but I am not sure exactly what to say about this one haha. I am not too much of a fan of flavored teas of any kinds but I think if I were in a mood for one, this would be one I would like.