Osmanthus Dancing Flower Tea

Flowering Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I've decided that osmanthus is my favorite floral tea, both jasmine and rose can be too strong and overwhelming but osmanthus is gentle and subtle. This flower tea came as a free sample from...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2579 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Fuding, Fujian, China

Ingredients: Made of Silver Needle Green Tea, Lily and Osmanthus Flower

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: A fragrant, sweet taste, lingering flower scent mixed with tea flavor

Brew: a single tea bundle in a clear glass in boiling water. Glass Cup: 10cm in height, over 7cm in diameter.

Health Benefits: The infusion of the Marigold flower was drunk to alleviate the symptoms of nervous tension and to prevent sleepless nights. In China, osmanthus is not only treated as ornamental plant, but also used to make cake and wine. In traditional Chinese medical science, it is thought that osmanthus can warm the lung, relieve chills, warm stomach, and alleviate pains.

About Teavivre View company

1 Tasting Note

I’ve decided that osmanthus is my favorite floral tea, both jasmine and rose can be too strong and overwhelming but osmanthus is gentle and subtle.

This flower tea came as a free sample from Teavivre and I’m getting around to finally trying it today. Here’s a pic of the flower as it’s opening up:

At first I thought this was a white tea due to the sweetness, but it is in fact a silver needle green tea. The flavor of this is very sweet and light with notes of honey, apricot and peach, a wonderful afternoon tea. Something about it seems slightly hydrating as well. It’s interesting to note that osmanthus has some health benefits also; but I will drink this for the pure pleasure! I might have to get some plain osmanthus someday just to try it.

Thank you Angel, for sharing this beautiful flower tea.

Indigobloom

It’s my fave floral too!! :P