Organic Hangzhou Tian Mu Qing Ding Green Tea

Green Tea
Lettuce, Vegetables, Grass, Metallic, Sweet, Butter, Chestnut, Peas, Floral, Nutty, Olive Oil, Vegetal, Fruit Tree Flowers, Green Beans, Lima Beans
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

From Teavivre

Origin: Tianmu Mountain(天目山), Lin’an County, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang, China

Ingredients: One bud with one or two leaves

Harvest time: April 7, 2015

Taste: Soup is light green color, fresh and mellow flavor

Brew: 1-2 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 194 ºF (90 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: Information from Hunan Agricultural University shows that green tea contains at least 20% to 23% of tea polyphenols, which for some degree could do help to decline blood fat, anti-aging, inhibit tumor, anti-radiation. Meanwhile, organic green tea have more tea polyphenols. Our body could be more healthy as a result of frequently drinking organic green tea.

About Teavivre View company

All I can tell you about my impressions of this tea is that it smelled just like asparagus to me, and it tasted like sweet asparagus when I drank it. I imagine if I hadn’t sweetened it, it would have had an entirely different flavor profile (unsweetened asparagus) but I don’t really think I’ll be experimenting. This will go on the swap list.

Thank you to Teavivre for this sample!
Sniffing the brewing leaves was actually kind of exciting! It smelled like delicious, simmering garden greens. I brewed it according to their directions of 194 degrees for 1 minute.
The taste is as good as I was hoping. Juicy, mouthwatering, savory, brothy, salty. I really think green teas like this could make a really good soup base. Onto the shopping list it goes!

This my first sample and tea from Teavivre. Thank you for the chance to try your teas. It will be a great help in my discovery of this world of tea.

I brewed 7g in 8oz water for 1m. It has a wonderful creamy, vegetal taste. It finishes with just a bite of bitterness (the good kind). I love this tea.

2infusion 2m, similar to the first
3infusion 3m, smoother, but still flavorful.

leaves are wonderful to look at in the glass.

Upping my rating for this, really enjoying its smooth, rich, ‘comfort tea’ depth of character this morning. I’ve been starting my mornings with black teas but on a 90-plus degree day like this I wanted something lighter; this was a perfect choice. Both rich and light.

Light tasting sweet green tea. Similar to Dragonwell.

Thank you so much for the sample, Teavivre! I am finally writing a tasting note despite having it before, and I am happy to report that it is my favourite green out of the batch that was sent to me. It is very mellow with a touch of vegetalness. There is gentle buttery note in the background too. Very smooth.

As it’s cooling, the vegetal notes are coming forth a bit more but they aren’t overbearing. They’re along the lines of steamed green beans. I agree with other Steepsterites that it is similar to a Dragon Well, however, it is more mellow, not as buttery, and lacks that sour note that I personally pick up from most Dragon Wells.

I wouldn’t purchase any, but mostly because I tend to reach for roasted green teas whenever I’m in a green tea mood, but it’s nevertheless a tea worth trying out.

Backlog. I tried a number of different spring green teas from Teavivre recently and this was my favorite of the bunch. The pine needle shaped leaves are bright forest green and exude a fresh green and floral aroma. The taste is sweet and crisp like lettuce with a light body. This is a very clean tasting tea with little to no grassiness or heavy vegetal flavor and no bitterness. I didn’t mind getting leaves in my mouth because like the Shi Qian dragon well, the leaves were quite tasty. I think this would be a good choice for people trying green tea for the first time.

Thank you to Teavivre for the sample!

Flavors: Lettuce, Vegetables

175 °F / 79 °C

Water: 8oz

Leaves: medium green flat semi-long leave

Measuring Spoon: no

Steep: 3m

Aroma: faint/vegetable

Color: light yellow

Clarity: great

Taste: I decided to have this tea after dinner in which this time i had instant curry over rice. For this as with the previous tea (although not mentioned) i added new steps into the brewing process, i took pictures of the dry leaf, wet leaf & cup to show a more visual aspect in what i do. I also posted it on my instagram in a collage form to make it easier to see all at once. The aroma coming from the dry leaf was faint and difficult to detect. the wet steeped leaf bought out a vegetable aroma. In terms of taste i didn’t notice much although i was able to finish my cup & went back for a second.

*update

I decided to add a measuring spoon section to my reviews instead of always typing out rather or not the leaves fit with in the main review.

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

My first taste of this year’s crop of this wonderful tea. It has lived up to my expectations!

My first impression of this tea reminds me of a mild dragonwell. It has a very light liquor (almost clear) while somehow still having a full mouth of flavor and a wonderfully pleasant aroma. The taste is very vegetal, and reminds me of cut grass with perhaps a hint of spinach. The taste is light, refreshing, and cooling. It’s a great summertime tea. The taste starts off sweet and ends with a slight astringency in the finish. There is also some undertones of savoriness throughout the cup. Excellent overall.

Flavors: Grass, Metallic, Sweet

This is a sample from Christina. Thanks Christina for the sample! I really enjoyed this tea this morning brewed gong fu. I am finding my list I printed out for doing gong fu really isn’t that good. It’s what everyone says. Just go by the feel. Their recommendation for first infusion is about 6-8 sec. That’s way too short for this green tea so I left it until it had a little colour.

This tea reminds me of an Anji Bai Cha. The leaves look the same – long and straight. This tea also borders between a Japanese and Chinese tea. It has that sweet snap pea aroma (smells soooo good) you find in Japanese teas. It’s also in the taste but this brews up very light. A pale pale yellow. The snap pea taste hits the tongue followed by a light buttery/chestnut taste. These are the things I love about Anji Bai Cha only some of the Anji Bai Cha’s I’ve had have been stronger than this tea. This is a very delicate tea and very tasty!

Flavors: Butter, Chestnut, Peas