Organic Hangzhou Tian Mu Qing Ding Green Tea

Green Tea
Butter, Chestnut, Peas, Floral, Nutty, Olive Oil, Vegetal, Sweet, Fruit Tree Flowers, Grass, Green Beans, Lima Beans
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

From Teavivre

Origin: Tianmu Mountain(天目山), Lin’an County, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang, China

Ingredients: One bud with one or two leaves

Harvest time: April 7, 2015

Taste: Soup is light green color, fresh and mellow flavor

Brew: 1-2 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 194 ºF (90 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: Information from Hunan Agricultural University shows that green tea contains at least 20% to 23% of tea polyphenols, which for some degree could do help to decline blood fat, anti-aging, inhibit tumor, anti-radiation. Meanwhile, organic green tea have more tea polyphenols. Our body could be more healthy as a result of frequently drinking organic green tea.

About Teavivre View company

All I can tell you about my impressions of this tea is that it smelled just like asparagus to me, and it tasted like sweet asparagus when I drank it. I imagine if I hadn’t sweetened it, it would have had an entirely different flavor profile (unsweetened asparagus) but I don’t really think I’ll be experimenting. This will go on the swap list.

Thank you to Teavivre for this sample!
Sniffing the brewing leaves was actually kind of exciting! It smelled like delicious, simmering garden greens. I brewed it according to their directions of 194 degrees for 1 minute.
The taste is as good as I was hoping. Juicy, mouthwatering, savory, brothy, salty. I really think green teas like this could make a really good soup base. Onto the shopping list it goes!

This my first sample and tea from Teavivre. Thank you for the chance to try your teas. It will be a great help in my discovery of this world of tea.

I brewed 7g in 8oz water for 1m. It has a wonderful creamy, vegetal taste. It finishes with just a bite of bitterness (the good kind). I love this tea.

2infusion 2m, similar to the first
3infusion 3m, smoother, but still flavorful.

leaves are wonderful to look at in the glass.

Upping my rating for this, really enjoying its smooth, rich, ‘comfort tea’ depth of character this morning. I’ve been starting my mornings with black teas but on a 90-plus degree day like this I wanted something lighter; this was a perfect choice. Both rich and light.

Light tasting sweet green tea. Similar to Dragonwell.

This is a sample from Christina. Thanks Christina for the sample! I really enjoyed this tea this morning brewed gong fu. I am finding my list I printed out for doing gong fu really isn’t that good. It’s what everyone says. Just go by the feel. Their recommendation for first infusion is about 6-8 sec. That’s way too short for this green tea so I left it until it had a little colour.

This tea reminds me of an Anji Bai Cha. The leaves look the same – long and straight. This tea also borders between a Japanese and Chinese tea. It has that sweet snap pea aroma (smells soooo good) you find in Japanese teas. It’s also in the taste but this brews up very light. A pale pale yellow. The snap pea taste hits the tongue followed by a light buttery/chestnut taste. These are the things I love about Anji Bai Cha only some of the Anji Bai Cha’s I’ve had have been stronger than this tea. This is a very delicate tea and very tasty!

Flavors: Butter, Chestnut, Peas

I like this tea, but it’s not a favorite. It’s very savory. It’s not very complex, but is easy to drink and refreshing. I like it more now after it’s been sitting in my cup a while and isn’t warm anymore. I usually like to drink tea between meals (aside from the occasional breakfast tea with toast/muffin/pastry, or plain black served with dessert), but I’m thinking this would be good iced and served with lunch or dinner.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

Another sample – thank you, Teavivre! Always happy to try any great new Teavivre offering! The big leaves here are almost impossible to measure with a teaspoon (which is why Teavivre’s instructions are usually by tablespoon, but they still suggest a LOT of tablespoons – 3-4 tablespoons for 17 ounces or 8 grams for this one.) I used half a sample pouch which ended up filling my brew basket halfway anyway. The leaves are connected in a V shape (one bud with one or two leaves). The scent of the dry leaves is delicious – nutty and strong. Once brewed, the leaf color is VERY bright green though the liquor color of the tea itself is very pale. No worries – there is a lot of complex flavor here: nutty, vegetal like sweet corn and something green with hints of fruit. The second steep is completely different from the first – mildly vegetal but fruity at the same time: like cucumber, melon, and another fruit or vegetable I can’t quite name. Very fresh and clean tasting. It’s very delicious! Another fantastic and unique tea. I think Teavivre has tea magic! I would have went for a third steep but it was very late, had to sleep.
Steep #1 // half sample pouch for 11 ounce mug (about 3.5 grams) // 30 minutes after boiling // 1 1/2 min steep
Steep #2 // 30 minutes after boiling // 2-3 minute steep
Harvest: April, 2015

I Love Spring Tea!!! If you have yet to experience fresh spring tea, you must try it! I opened this generous sample to reveal a giant amount of leaves. The dry leaf consists of long glossy ivy green strands. The long vibrant tendrils are decorated with small downy hairs. They have a deep vegetal and olive oil scent with a slight floral undertone. I placed them inside my warm kyusu and let them sit for a little bit. I returned to the kyusu and lifted the lid to be greeted with a great spring scent. My brewing vessel wafted fresh greens into my tea room. I brew fresh tea very lightly; I use cool water (170F). The colour of the liquor was a pale iridescent jade. I gave this gem a taste, and the flavor was fantastic. The initial sip was of butter and watercress covered with a deep vegetal tone. The brew grew sweeter after each steeping. The third steep yielded a slightly darker liquor and a sweet floral flavor. I was able to get three steeping out of this fantastic leaf. This tea session was awesome!

Flavors: Floral, Nutty, Olive Oil, Vegetal

170 °F / 76 °C 1 min, 30 sec 7 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

To celebrate my turning a quarter of a century old, I’m having this fresh Chinese spring green with my new glass tea pot and tea tray. What else could be a better solitary way to celebrate? (Besides having a tea pet for a companion!)

Brewed with a gongfu glass tea pot. Steeping times: 1 minute, 1 minute and 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 5 minutes (supposed to have been 4…).

It’s been a while since I’ve last seen such gorgeous leaves. Shaped like silver needles, they are mostly moss-green, with some having enough soft hairs to look white-ish. Their sizes range from just an inch to an inch and a half.

The dry and wet leaf bursts with a buttery, zucchini aroma. So strong, I sneezed. After the second infusion, the wet leaf gives boiled asparagus.

When steeping for the first time in the pot, the leaves look like those from an aquatic plant. That’s not tea, that’s a living creature! One leaf and a bud, two leaves and a bud, two leaves. Vivid green.

The liquor is consistently clear – not cloudy, and also almost having no color, a very, very pale green. The first infusion is creamy, having vegetal and mineral notes, and a almond aftertaste. The second infusion goes away from vegetables and we have sugar snap peas. Sweet, sweet, sweet, very sweet – yellow warblers agree! I feel calmed yet rejuvenated. After this point, the intensity of the flavors decreases and becomes less powerful. Or more gentle, depending on your outlook. Still full-bodied, the third infusion is also sweet, though in a farmer’s market ear of corn sort of way. And in the last infusion, I taste beans.

195 °F / 90 °C 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Happy Birthday!

OMara

Happy Birthday!

Stephanie

Hope you had a good one!

KiwiDelight

Thanks guys! This was one of the highlights.