Organic Hangzhou Tian Mu Qing Ding Green Tea

Tea
Green Beans, Lima Beans
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Long slender olive green dry leaves. They look yellow green when steeped. The scent of the wet leaves is meat and vegetables. How does it do that? Buttery, creamy, and green is how this speaks to...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1156 tasting notes
  • “This is a free sample provided by *Angel* and *Teavivre.* Thank you! I made this western style tonight to enjoy after supper. Hubby joined me having tea and greens are a bit iffy for him still,...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1768 tasting notes
  • “I'm trying to use up what I have stored at work, so I can bring in new tea to try. I'm liking this tea better the second time around. Steeped it for less time and it came out less astringent,...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “Another big thank you to *Angel and Teavivre* for sending me a sample of this tea. What a delightful sample. I was expecting it to be quite light but it actually has a really wonderful aroma and...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Tianmu Mountain(天目山), Lin’an County, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang, China

Ingredients: One bud with one or two leaves

Harvest time: March 05-25, 2013

Taste: Soup is light green color, fresh and mellow flavor

Brew: 1-2 teaspoons for 8oz of water. Brew at 194 ºF (90 ºC) for 1 to 2 minutes (exact time depends on your taste – a longer time will give the tea a stronger taste and color)

Health Benefits: Information from Hunan Agricultural University shows that green tea contains at least 20% to 23% of tea polyphenols, which for some degree could do help to decline blood fat, anti-aging, inhibit tumor, anti-radiation. Meanwhile, organic green tea have more tea polyphenols. Our body could be more healthy as a result of frequently drinking organic green tea.

About Teavivre View company

All I can tell you about my impressions of this tea is that it smelled just like asparagus to me, and it tasted like sweet asparagus when I drank it. I imagine if I hadn’t sweetened it, it would have had an entirely different flavor profile (unsweetened asparagus) but I don’t really think I’ll be experimenting. This will go on the swap list.

Thank you to Teavivre for this sample!
Sniffing the brewing leaves was actually kind of exciting! It smelled like delicious, simmering garden greens. I brewed it according to their directions of 194 degrees for 1 minute.
The taste is as good as I was hoping. Juicy, mouthwatering, savory, brothy, salty. I really think green teas like this could make a really good soup base. Onto the shopping list it goes!

This my first sample and tea from Teavivre. Thank you for the chance to try your teas. It will be a great help in my discovery of this world of tea.

I brewed 7g in 8oz water for 1m. It has a wonderful creamy, vegetal taste. It finishes with just a bite of bitterness (the good kind). I love this tea.

2infusion 2m, similar to the first
3infusion 3m, smoother, but still flavorful.

leaves are wonderful to look at in the glass.

Upping my rating for this, really enjoying its smooth, rich, ‘comfort tea’ depth of character this morning. I’ve been starting my mornings with black teas but on a 90-plus degree day like this I wanted something lighter; this was a perfect choice. Both rich and light.

Light tasting sweet green tea. Similar to Dragonwell.

Nice aroma of buttered veggies. The taste matches the aroma with a sweet buttery flavor like sauteed green veggies and a hint of grassiness at the end.

175 °F / 79 °C

I was in a green mood today so I desided to make this for my roommate and I. The dry leaves looked deliciously green and had a sublte smell that I could not really make out. Once they were steeped they produced a medium gold liquid that smelled of a sweet grassy scent.

The first steep went for 2 minutes at 195. The tea is not grassy but definitly vegetal and slightly sweet. It also has a strong bitter after taste that stays on your tounge that might be too much for some people but could be change with less steep time.

The second steep was also for 2 minutes at 195 to see if it kept the bitterness. This time the bitterness was not too overpowering and the taste was more defined by the beautifully vegetal taste. I liked this tea and would drink it whenever I am in a mood for green tea. It looks to me that this tea could go on for a few more resteeps.